Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a random question: has anyone ever gone to visit a suspect in jail? Meaning, could I go to jail and try to talk to RAT?

I'm wondering if I could use my skills (working on my MSW, to be a counselor) to talk to him?

Not that he would necessarily TALK to me, but you never know what you could get out of him.

So has anyone here ever visited a suspect in jail?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

I believe you would need to be on a list.

Just a random question: has anyone ever gone to visit a suspect in jail? Meaning, could I go to jail and try to talk to RAT?

I'm wondering if I could use my skills (working on my MSW, to be a counselor) to talk to him?

Not that he would necessarily TALK to me, but you never know what you could get out of him.

Edit: there wouldn't be "patient" privilege, because I'm not licensed, yet. I've acquired "people" skills to talk with ppl. I also plan to intern at our local prison, here, in the future.

After thinking about this--I'm SURE reporters (specifically the hook) have tried.

Your name would have to be on his visitors list, the one RAT makes. You have to bring identification. Visits are monitored, some are recorded (excluding attorney visits), don't know about the jail RAT is in.

I would not encourage this, as then anyone visiting could also be considered suspect...

Edit: there wouldn't be "patient" privilege, because I'm not licensed, yet. I've acquired "people" skills to talk with ppl. I also plan to intern at our local prison, here, in the future.

After thinking about this--I'm SURE reporters (specifically the hook) have tried.

just off the top of my head, ah NO. remember, there is probably an accomplice
out there. don't want to get a time out, so let me just say, please don't.

ter thinking about this--I'm SURE reporters (specifically the hook) have tried.

The only way is if he (RAT) puts you on his list as a visitor. I don't see that happening. Right now he is probably only getting attorney visits. :seeya:

....don't do it, Clarice....

:seeya:

No kidding....if you went to see him...and he ever got out (for whatever reason) I'd be scared he'd look you up....especially if you're "young", attractive, etc etc and FEMALE!

It would seem with the wide assortment of medications, there would be some type or mixture available to get information out of him. What about the twilight sleep they use in dentist office or doctor's office or years ago it was said they used sodium pentathol? Hypnotism is a questionable means, but may work if a really good hypnotist was used.

RAT has been telling lies, half-stories, and who knows what. So even if given this medicine which brings out more lies, it would be worth the risk as you may get new information that is the piece needed!. What is there to lose?!

(snipped by me)
.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER][/I]

After seeing the results of amazing "untraceable" drugs developed for athletes, so evident in many Olympics drug scandals, I expected that a variety of "truth serum" drugs would be available to LE.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/06/is-there-really-truth-serum-drugs/

According to this article, "twilight sleep", sodium pentathol and similar drugs make someone less inhibited but not more truthful.

Apparently the Russians claim to have synthesized an odourless, colourless, tasteless "truth serum" that leaves no trace and of which the subject will have no memory. If true, IMO, probably the CIA chemists have already made their own version which would, naturally, be kept secret.

However, there would be hurdles to overcome using these drugs in terms of civil liberties, etc. Also, given the 1963 ruling, I wonder if any evidence found as a direct result of information obtained through medication of a prisoner would be considered "fruit of the poisonous tree", potentially complicating that subject's subsequent trial. JMO.

Re the second paragraph: valuable time and resources could be lost while investigating "leads" that are later proven to be falsehoods. Perhaps this is outweighed by the potential for finding information useful to the search. JMO.

I have no solution to offer. Just a wish that LE finds AM soon and reunites her with her family. Perhaps Firefox or someone who's up on this element could correct any of my misconceptions and expand on the role of using medications within LE procedures.

People make horrible decisions. She may never asked if he had a license.
The more I follow cases and meet people, the more I learn people do not use common sense in daily life.

Also, in Virginia the insurance goes with the car not the driver. Learned this as twice the victim of uninsured drivers. One, the company vehicle was covered even though the driver had no license or insurance. The second occurence, tneither the driver or the car were insured. Virginia's uninsured Motorist Fund pays off the damages through the victims insurance.

RAT doesn't look like the laptop, tablet or even smartphone guy. Bet he's got a basic model of cell phone... perhaps even just a pay as you go Tracfone or such.

FYI

Looks can be deceiving. Somehow, he managed to make a habit of hanging around with people younger than himself. He probably is a very good listener and from what we have heard he is very attentive to details. Both things that would make it easy for him to keep up with things that young people do, say and partake in. Another means for him to present himself online as someone who relates to and understands teenagers and young adults.

So many freaks...women are just targets no matter what they do. But if we are being completely honest, being alone and being attractive or anything that draws more attention to the female sadly will also be a magnet for the freaks.

There is little that women can do about this except to remain vigilant about there surroundings and have a plan if there is danger. I have known a few women who actually choose to be overweight because they feel they are less likely to draw unwanted attention. In addition, they believe that a bad guy will not try to abduct a heavier person. Sad that people feel that way.

How sad is it that your first sentence is horribly true.
Women are targets walking, jogging, shopping , driving.....

And what about the nasty barf who was in a septic tank when a mom an her little girl went to the bedroom? Ughhhh

I prayed Alexis would be found by now.....seems LE isn't any closer o finding her.
Imoo

I don't believe that sexual predators go after victims because of the way they dress or act. Sexual predators attack babies on up to victims that are elderly. Why do so many prey on children? It has nothing to do with the way a child acts, dresses or looks it's about power and control. It's violence.

I also do not believe that Alexis is a victim of sex trafficking. She would not make a good candidate. Sex traffickers prey on those that are runaways, involved in heavy drug use and in general have bad situations at home. In a lot of cases children that are trafficked are done so by their own caretakers. These are young people that they don't anticipate others will be looking for, especially a all out search involving the FBI.

I think that RAT targeted Alexis because he saw her around town. I don't think anything social media wise had anything to do with it.

As far as my opinion on young girls presenting themselves on SM in a sexual manner, well that's probably a subject that I would rather discuss elsewhere, because I find it totally irrelevant as far as Alexis and her disappearance is concerned.

Imoo that isn't totally correct. Some predators choose only females with long hair or blonde hair. Bundy preferred mostly college girls. Some predators target hookers....so some creeps go after a certain type. :moo:

Wanted to add, thanks to ALL OF YOU for your post, facts and thoughts. I enjoyed playing catch up. Imo

I am reminded of the phrase used in a news article referring to showing images to employees at C-ville businesses, along Angus Rd. Investigators wanted people to look at "people" seen around Alexis. IMO, they have an image or images of people seen in relation to other abducted young women.

In light of the recent roundups nationwide, re: sex traffickers and the recovery of many teens in Maryland, DC and Virginia, it seems highly likely that this case is going to be connected to these types of crimes.

When these young women are first taken, they are initially groomed much like children with abusers. I am very suspicious of the one female who spoke to Alexis on ask(dot) fm. Recruiters are often older females who give the impression that this is somewhat of a glamorous and even thrilling lifestyle. The women take them out to clubs, shop for sexy lingerie, teach them the ropes, buy them burner phones and set them up with a manager of sorts who will post ads for them and even set them up with influential clients. Then, if the girls catch on, these "managers," who may even lead the ladies to believe they are their boyfriend, will then use threats against the young women's... family, friends and themselves if they try to refuse to work or try to leave.

I am in the minority here. I believe the chances of AM being abducted for the purposes of being used in the sex industry is just as likely as if she was taken for RAT's pleasure.

SC, may also be in this situation. But then I think of MH and I go back to believing that RAT is likely responsible for her death. For all we know, they tried to abduct MH for the purposes of sex trafficking and she fought back and ended up murdered.

Imoo that isn't totally correct. Some predators choose only females with long hair or blonde hair. Bundy preferred mostly college girls. Some predators target hookers....so some creeps go after a certain type. :moo:

Your correct from what is stated in criminal profiling. There are opportunistic predators and those that stalk their victims. It's difficult to tell in this case what kind of predator RAT was. If the long hair or blonde hair person wasn't the easy target, I think they would still find another to prey on. Just my opinion....

I think when you start to profile offenders to the point where you think they will only target certain victims by their characteristics you will lesson the chances of catching the offender.

http://m.wdbj7.com/two-underage-chi...ng/-/20129166/21686060/-/tita9pz/-/index.html

I find it interesting that authorities were investigating meth trade & sex trafficking. I know they're minors, but I'm curious to see if the girls had been reported missing.

This post made me think of the two girls, ages 14 and 16, who recently went missing from Texas.

Family: 2 Cypress teens drove to San Antonio to meet man they met online

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Families-search-for-2-missing-teens-in-Houston-and-San-Antonio-220604351.html

This post made me think of the two girls, ages 14 and 16, who recently went missing from Texas.

Family: 2 Cypress teens drove to San Antonio to meet man they met online

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Families-search-for-2-missing-teens-in-Houston-and-San-Antonio-220604351.html

I found an updated article saying that the teens in Texas were found safe, a week after they went missing.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/2-missing-Cypress-teens-found-safe-in-San-Antonio-221003561.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina