Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! :seeya:

I'm not taking sides here, but let's just remember that we are all here because we care about Alexis and want her found. I know everyone isn't going to agree all the time. Instead of arguing, let's just say 'I agree that we disagree' and walk away. We really don't need a time out on Alexis' board as the case is sadly at a stand still. So chins up...everyone's opinion matters and right now that's all we have! Have a great day everyone! :)

I agree! We dont have alot to work with here so any info/opinions are welcome. It may make someone think outside the box and possibly come up with something new.

Theory...your post just made me think of this- It's just an idea though, no facts.
I remember it was said the last call from Alexis' phone was to voicemail....what if that was RAT checking her voicemail? Maybe he did so after he had injured (or worse) her to see if she was supposed to be meeting someone? Maybe he even texted that person back? That may have given him some background on what she was supposed to be doing or where she was headed? Just an idea, as I said earlier.

I guess that is possible, but I find it highly unlikely. You have to have a 4+ digit password to check your voicemail. On my iPhone 4, though, I don't even need a password..it's called Visual Voicemail and it lists my voicemails on a screen (who they're from, time sent, length) and you just press the play button & listen. I don't think it would show up that she "called" her voicemail if she used that though.

I agree with Ashley. Adding to this, there's the sceeen lock passcode thing too which would need to be entered to even access the phone. It can be set on or off, but I'm under the impression she would probably have hers set on....

Also though, winding this into what Eclipse33 posted, there's always the possibility she was being threatened by him to give him her passcode.

Any doggies need any treats?

:beagle: :cupcake: :beagle:

(heehee, my attempt at an icebreaker)

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I can't keep up with the threads. Does anyone know about red-light cameras? I'm assuming they run continuously and probably record footage for long periods of time. This system is installed at Route 29 and Rio Road, an intersection that in all probability, AMs car went through to get to its final destination, the shopping center next to this intersection. I'm just wondering if maybe LE could have an actual picture of someone driving the car. My understanding is if you get a ticket, it sends a picture of your license plate and the drivers window. I can't remember. I know the camera has gone off several times when I was going through the intersection on my way to work, but no ticket (thank goodness). How sweet it would be if that person was speeding through that intersection and LE has a picture.

http://www.readthehook.com/86481/cover-seeing-red-safety-measure-or-cash-grab

Attention please

There are many cases that we get frustrated with due to the lack of information. This case is certainly one of them. Sometimes the lack of information causes re hashing of old info, but that doesn't mean you get to start attacking a fellow member to prove a point. The ignore function is your friend.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

If you see a post that offends - alert it and MOVE on! Do NOT respond to it! Just MOVE ON! You alert a post by hitting the little red triangle in the upper right hand corner.

Please remember why we are here!

577219_391320504302099_1736853658_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...677245.-2207520000.1377902128.&type=3&theater

I am wondering why she would be around this guy. Creepy to us, yes, but perhaps she has had more contact with him than we know, just having seen him frequently at the gas station as we know they both frequented often, and he has a son only a few years younger than her, Possibly he has done the "grooming" types of behaviors that we all are familiar with, and she wasn't totally creeped out, to the point that say he did offer her some weed that evening and she wasn't fearful of him, or meeting him.
I know she probably could have scored some weed easily elsewhere, but right at that time, he may have positioned himself there in order to take advantage. I know she made some SM references to weed, but don't remember if it was that very day before she left. If he was using the free WIFI at the station, he may have picked up on this and sat at the station in wait.

I am wondering why she would be around this guy. Creepy to us, yes, but perhaps she has had more contact with him than we know, just having seen him frequently at the gas station as we know they both frequented often, and he has a son only a few years younger than her, Possibly he has done the "grooming" types of behaviors that we all are familiar with, and she wasn't totally creeped out, to the point that say he did offer her some weed that evening and she wasn't fearful of him, or meeting him.
I know she probably could have scored some weed easily elsewhere, but right at that time, he may have positioned himself there in order to take advantage. I know she made some SM references to weed, but don't remember if it was that very day before she left. If he was using the free WIFI at the station, he may have picked up on this and sat at the station in wait.

She did mention wanting a blunt, and No, I do not see that as negative, just a reality and very, very normal.

She could have gone with him to smoke. As you said, she did put it out there, he could have seen it on the net. She was having a "cool day without supervision" and being a free 17 year old. That is possible.

That would explain her presence in the camper, but, but, but, why would she go with "him". Unless they had previous contact. Auntie mentioned the car wash, which all are usually big pot places, so, that could be the connection. Unless he sold at school, or was the school contact via the gas station.

Don't flame us, all angles must be viewed.

She did mention wanting a blunt, and No, I do not see that as negative, just a reality and very, very normal.

She could have gone with him to smoke. As you said, she did put it out there, he could have seen it on the net. She was having a "cool day without supervision" and being a free 17 year old. That is possible.

That would explain her presence in the camper, but, but, but, why would she go with "him". Unless they had previous contact. Auntie mentioned the car wash, which all are usually big pot places, so, that could be the connection. Unless he sold at school, or was the school contact via the gas station.

I've brought this up way back in the beginning, but got shouted down a bit--in my experience pot tends to be an "equalizer" which crosses age/race/gender boundaries. Meaning, a fellow smoker is a fellow smoker.

Which doesn't mean I think she deserved anything to happen to her or brought it on herself.

I think she may have followed him to his camper if he had groomed her to trust him, and afterall he was able to fool enough people to even be allowed to chaperone a school outing. Does AM have a younger relative that could be RAT's son's age, and academically or socially crossed paths. She may have been thinking he isn't bad, after all he is __________'s DAD, and he's a cool kid.
And I can't help but think RAT wasn't info gathering from his son on possible victims.
Why would she do this, he probably said he couldn't pass anything there at the gas station as there were too many cameras and the police were already on his back, but if she'd follow him/or meet him at such and such he'd pass her some good stuff, and hey she could just pay him later when she got some cash. I'm doubting she was planning on smoking with him, just scoring some for later. Maybe he'd met her there or elsewhere possibly with others present for a buy, but this time she was alone. Yes, please don't flame me, I am not trying to paint her as anything other than an innocent victim of a skilled and dangerous predator.

I've brought this up way back in the beginning, but got shouted down a bit--in my experience pot tends to be an "equalizer" which crosses age/race/gender boundaries. Meaning, a fellow smoker is a fellow smoker.

Which doesn't mean I think she deserved anything to happen to her or brought it on herself.

Absolutely agree with this. I know a lot of kids parents in Nelson that smoke, and I don't think it is that far fetched to think she wouldn't have felt uncomfortable around him. Like I mentioned, it's a very trusting community overall.

I swear I am aggravated that there is no news about Alexis's whereabouts. I imagine LE won't announce if they have reason to believe she has passed....which leaves 'us' unfortunately at a standstill.
I just do not -will not believe Alexis had any dealings or association with RAT. (When teens buy weed they -from what I've been told--generally buy it from someone much younger than RAT.
I wish RAT would tell what he did to and with beautiful Alexis. I remember following cases much like this where the missing person was never found...I pray that isn't the case here/ IMOO

Is there any information about possible foot and air searches? tia

If I thought his lawyer might have a heart, maybe he could help find out where Alexis and Samantha are...

Parker posted an update to facebook that there is a boatload of search and rescue equipment getting ready in Nelson county.

Parker posted an update to facebook that there is a boatload of search and rescue equipment getting ready in Nelson county.

Not only search teams and dog teams but dive teams... To search multiple locations according to Parker

Not only search teams and dog teams but dive teams... To search multiple locations according to Parker

just talked to one of my family members driving up 29 North... saw one rescue vehicle with cones out in front and back, lights on... sitting on side of 29N just before the intersection for Davis Creek Lane and Myndus Road.... no other vehicles, just the nelson rescue vehicle... then as he continued traveling north, he saw firetrucks, rescue, police, and the boat all gathered at the Nelson Wayside... which is a pull off on the 29 North side that runs along the Rockfish river.... just up from the intersection of route 6 (River road)... may have been gathering there, as there is no way that boat could go on the Rockfish River... its too shallow and rocky... although the water rescue team has the boat pulled behind their truck so they may have it with them in case it is needed equipment, but not necessarily be using it... A water team would still be useful along the Nelson Wayside to search the Rockfish River, without the boat.... someone could definitely pull into the Wayside at any time of night and not draw attention for being there... I wonder if this is all due to gathered tips, or if something new has come up....

Yeah, it had been reported late last week or earlier this week that search teams would be out again searching for Alexis. The addition of dive teams puts an added dimension to this case. Comparable to the Samantha Clarke case. Don't know if this is due to new information or just due to wanting to cover all areas.

With the Lockn' Festival in Nelson County next week local LE's attention will be focused there and the crowds might hinder outside LE conducting searches during that time so it is a good thing this is being done now rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina