Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading my book last night and it was about searching deep in the woods for this missing girl. (I like the author but didnt know the book was about missing kids) I felt so bad imagining Alexis deep in the woods of Nelson Co, all alone. Her poor family, its been so long now. :(

Honestly I'm a little surprised she's not been found. I personally had a 'feeling'.... nothing scientific btw...that she'd be found by now. I feel badly for her family. How do they cope with the not knowing?

Honestly I'm a little surprised she's not been found. I personally had a 'feeling'.... nothing scientific btw...that she'd be found by now. I feel badly for her family. How do they cope with the not knowing?

Honestly, with Holly, Kortne, Kyron and so many others, I am more surprised when a missing person is found...imagine not knowing for years. Beyond belief.

Randy Taylor's background in arson worries me. It makes me wonder if he disposes of his victims via fire.

But then he buries/leaves the phone(s) near his property...Why not burn the phone(s) as well? Are they trophies?

Typically arsonists have a compulsion toward using their proclivity for destroying things with fire to also destroy evidence of their crime in the same way.

Justice for Alexis. I worry she may never be found.

Randy Taylor's background in arson worries me. It makes me wonder if he disposes of his victims via fire.

But then he buries/leaves the phone(s) near his property...Why not burn the phone(s) as well? Are they trophies?

Typically arsonists have a compulsion toward using their proclivity for destroying things with fire to also destroy evidence of their crime in the same way.

Justice for Alexis. I worry she may never be found.

Gruesome but possible.
His neighbors would know if he typically burned around his place. Pretty typical in the country. But the locals will know. Still he'd then need to get rid of all the ashes. I think it'd take quite a fire too. Early in these threads a poster was very interested in this fire theory, and the fire at the car lot in Mechanicsville.
Possible he didn't dispose of the phones for trophies, and/or later resell. I'm thinking he somehow got wind of LE coming to visit him and maybe did a quick toss of the phones. I really don't think he ever thought LE would be on him as quickly as it happened.
Still checking in daily, and hoping for something. Praying for her family and friends.

Gruesome but possible.
His neighbors would know if he typically burned around his place. Pretty typical in the country. But the locals will know. Still he'd then need to get rid of all the ashes. I think it'd take quite a fire too. Early in these threads a poster was very interested in this fire theory, and the fire at the car lot in Mechanicsville.
Possible he didn't dispose of the phones for trophies, and/or later resell. I'm thinking he somehow got wind of LE coming to visit him and maybe did a quick toss of the phones. I really don't think he ever thought LE would be on him as quickly as it happened.
Still checking in daily, and hoping for something. Praying for her family and friends.

Well the phones could have easily been souvenirs for him IMOO - Especially if he could recharge them to go through the victims personal photos,communications, and media. To relive the victim/crime. Don't suspects usually leave their souvenirs of the crime near their residence?

Praying for Alexis's family, especially her mother who seems to be working day and night to find her beloved little girl.

Praying for Alexis's family, especially her mother who seems to be working day and night to find her beloved little girl.
In one of the interviews with the Harrington's, Alexis' Mother said they continue to "drive the roads" looking for her. I feel so much sadness for them to think that when we are saying our prayers and going to bed, they are probably driving the roads looking and looking.

Do we know if HRD dogs specialized in finding burnt human remains have been used?

There are HRD dogs specialized in finding burnt human remains as it is somewhat difficult for canines to detect burnt human remains.

Again, Taylor's proclivity toward arson in his criminal case history... Just saying. Moo

http://www.caninesearchsolutions.org/uses.html

It doesnt mean he burns the victims at his residence. He could take them deep into the woods. I would think burning would be too noticeable anywhere though. I know when Im driving and I see smoke in the mountains I look over.

It doesnt mean he burns the victims at his residence. He could take them deep into the woods. I would think burning would be too noticeable anywhere though. I know when Im driving and I see smoke in the mountains I look over.
After doing a little google search on this, I am doubtful about this too.
It would take a hot fire 1200-1700degs F., (wood typically goes to about 800), consistently for about 3 hours. And still there is trace left. Plus think about the staging of this, dogs can trace this. I don't think it is impossible but highly improbable considering the speed at which he was caught this time.
I think they are taken & left deep in the woods, but not cremated. A fire would be far too risky, IMO, considering the attention it would draw with wild fires being the fears today.
(If this computer is ever seized, wow, I have some nasty searches in my history now)!

It would take a hot fire 1200-1700degs F., (wood typically goes to about 800), consistently for about 3 hours. And still there is trace left. Plus think about the staging of this, dogs can trace this. I don't think it is impossible but highly improbable considering the speed at which he was caught this time.
I think they are taken & left deep in the woods, but not cremated. A fire would be far too risky, IMO, considering the attention it would draw with wild fires being the fears today.
(If this computer is ever seized, wow, I have some nasty searches in my history now)!

You are in good company with the computer fears. Many of us have googled that same info before, and even more "incriminating" things due to cases. Oh my, we are all going down! :scared::scared::scared: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This is horrible to even suggest but with his fixation with cars and the many documented cases of victims being left either in the woods, in trunks of cars, etc, he could have set fire in either situation. Often the goal is just to destroy evidence and make identification difficult.

In following the Long Island case, there have been several cases in the last three years where women have been found burnt in buildings, woods, parks, dumpsters and in the trunks of cars as well as inside cars. It is possible that RAT has done this but there have been no stories of suspicious fires in that area. (Except for that salvage yard, of course---shrugs)

This is horrible to even suggest but with his fixation with cars and the many documented cases of victims being left either in the woods, in trunks of cars, etc, he could have set fire in either situation. Often the goal is just to destroy evidence and make identification difficult.

In following the Long Island case, there have been several cases in the last three years where women have been found burnt in buildings, woods, parks, dumpsters and in the trunks of cars as well as inside cars. It is possible that RAT has done this but there have been no stories of suspicious fires in that area. (Except for that salvage yard, of course---shrugs)
BBM: Agree but even if id is difficult, there are some remains, and to date nothing like this has happened. Even in the salvage yard, after the fire was put out, no remains were ever reported. After reading on this topic, (ugh), it seems many times this method is tried, but there are still remains that show as HR. And my other point is, in the process of transporting the body, if even one drop of fluid is trailed, a HR dog can find this. And he had about a week before he was caught and searches began... so the trail would be pretty good at first.
I don't rule it out however, as whatever is done, he's practiced at it. I keep thinking along the lines of previously disturbed ground, fence rows, old wells, cemeteries, and of course waterways. Driving a car into a body of water is popular too, and on one of the dog training runs HR's have been accidentally discovered like this. I too have had the feeling she'll be found, wishful thinking perhaps, but with hunting season upon us, it seems my next best hope.

IMO, asking hunters to keep their eyes open, investigators are as good as saying she's gone. For months they kept saying she was alive. Doubtful. Most likely something happened within a few hours. But daymit RAT, give the family their child back. I know he won't, but pisses me off, and IMO they should be able to do some type of torture like they would war prisoners. Make him give up the information! It's not fair that murderers can snuff out someone's life, and keep the information to themselves.

IMO, asking hunters to keep their eyes open, investigators are as good as saying she's gone. For months they kept saying she was alive. Doubtful. Most likely something happened within a few hours. But daymit RAT, give the family their child back. I know he won't, but pisses me off, and IMO they should be able to do some type of torture like they would war prisoners. Make him give up the information! It's not fair that murderers can snuff out someone's life, and keep the information to themselves.

Yes, I agree. I followed at least 2 other cases where hunters were asked to keep their eyes open. They pretty much knew to look for remains. :(

I believe the stolen ATV could have played a part in her disposal. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member