Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting where the live feed will be. I cant wait to hear what they say!

Hoping for good news but it seems that the lack of media tells that it's not her being found alive...
:(

While waiting for the conference I was just thinking.....why didnt Samantha Clarke's case get any attention? I never heard of it until AM went missing.

There were a bunch of charges. I didn't catch them all. Will have to wait for a news article.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 2m
Randy Taylor has been indicted on 1st degree murder and 1st degree felony murder for the murder of Alexis Murphy....

Nadine Maeser ‏@nadine_maeser 38s
A special grand jury indicted Taylor on 1st degree murder, abduction with intent to defile and unrelated grand larceny. #AlexisMurphy

NBC12 WWBT Richmond ‏@NBC12 53s
#BREAKING: Randy Taylor indicted on 1st-degree murder of #Alexis Murphy

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 51s
Nelson Commonwealth's Attorney announced that Randy Taylor has been charged with first-degree murder in relation to #Alexis Murphy

Just signed on , did I miss the news conference? The live stream link says unavailable.

Here are the charges

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 27s
#BREAKING: here's the new charges Randy Taylor faces after special grand jury indictment in #AlexisMurphy case pic.twitter.com/HYm1gReosw

BdTjTs-IEAA9Rm2.jpg

Thanks everyone, gonna try and watch the replay!

That replay link is working fyi, thanks!

intent to defile T_T

Question -- how can they indict without a body though? Insurmountable evidence? Confessions from the accused?

intent to defile T_T

Question -- how can they indict without a body though? Insurmountable evidence? Confessions from the accused?

Intent to defile would mean have sex with her? They must have lots of stuff/evidence.

I wish he could have said more, do gag orders usually stay in place until the trial?

Doesn't this suggest that they found something HUGE within the last few days? There was basically a secret grand jury trial where some kind of evidence was presented on Thursday 1/2 enough to make those very serious charges stick. I'm certain we won't get any other information until the trial begins in February.
This is only 30 minutes from me and I drive by all of those places regularly...it's awful.

And they SAID nothing about a body...not if it was found or not. The news is reporting that a body has not been found but in the press conference there was no reference to the body.

No Body Cases -

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body"]Murder conviction without a body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Someone upthread asked about indicting without a body being found. In Virginia there's precedent in the Gina Hall case from Radford University several years ago. Her body was never found but her killer was indicted, tried, and found guilty of her murder nonetheless. Also here in my county in West Virginia, Samantha Burns has been missing for over 12 years and Chadrick Fulks is serving a life sentence for her murder-although technically he is in jail for killing Alice Moore of South Carolina (whose body was found)-he has admitted to killing Samantha as well. I can't imagine how hard this news much be for Alexis' family.:please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668