Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I read the article it says the buzzards cant tell the difference from human from animal dead corpse, most dead have the same scent almost.. I think they shouldn't not allow that to be a burden the whole point too moot, to find dead in the area. I'm thinking hawk might or parrots might can be trained they have great sense of smell. I had friend of mine tell me crows "ravens" can be trained to tract a scent, or find the dead.

I'm actually think very hard here. They need a animal with great sense of smell that can cover a large area. Scent is important here. I'm really wondering if they lets the dog go with cam on them and follow them and camp with them, I think dog would be on every criminals list to deter a bird would not be. In that area bears and wolves are kind of rampant. So I think you cant just lets dogs go.

I was just checking in to see if there had been any new revelations in Alexis' disappearance.

On the topic of vultures, there's an ongoing study I read about a while back. Unaltered human corpses (whose bodies were and still are being donated for scientific research) are placed in fields and other areas shortly after their death to study the effects of decay, decomposition and environmental factors. One of the studies showed it can take over a month for vultures to be attracted to the scent. But once the vultures began to swoon in, there was nothing left of the body after just a few hours. It was completely skeletonized.

Based on decomposition alone, investigators would have easily labeled the body as having been there much longer than it actually was. I believe I read it would have been labeled as having been there between six months to two years based on the physical state when in fact it had only been a matter of weeks. Also, the birds jumped on the ribs causing trauma to the bones which could lead investigators to speculating trauma prior to the death.

I just thought that was worth mentioning in case any remains are found that have the appearance of some kind of brutal attack or appear to have been there for a long time.

Although I understand the likelihood of Alexis being found alive slowly diminishes as the days pass on, I find it hard to accept. I continue to hope and hold to a belief that she will be found alive. I really don't that's too unreasonable.

After reading that article, I have to wonder if they have been feeding the vultures. I imagine if humans are feeding them, then they become lazy and don't hunt for food. This could affect the experiment.

Also, there are different species. I wonder if any species would be smarter or less stubborn than the ones they used.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/texas-body-farms-vultures_n_1330782.html

(I'm sorry, I know this is O/T, but I thought others might find it informative and don't know where else to share it)

Another predator that has recently infiltrated central VA, but I don't know about the Lovingston area is the coyote. They have become quite a problem in some areas.

Pray the fall brings new answers for Alexis and her loved ones.

Thinking of Alexis and family this morning. :rose:

The Dept of Homeland Security is studying the use of crows for face recognition... which I think is pretty cool... they apparently are able to pass it along from generation to generation... I'll have to find the link... it was on pbs... Coyotes have been a long standing issue in Nelson, there has been a bounty on them in Nelson for decades... the newest predator in the Nelson area is the Fisher.. thank you all for your continued prayers and thoughts for Alexis and her family... <3

Also, been meaning to say this for a while, but gets lost in the mix... if someone else can maybe go back to the very very beginning... there is a post that has been twisted up a little in the mix... about Randy T being spotted at the movie theater a couple of weeks prior to alexis going missing... but the original post about that... by the person stating she saw him at the theater... was stating that she saw him at the one in LYNCHBURG, not Ch'ville... I wanted to point that out, because it has since been reposted and reposted as the one in Ch'ville when it wasn't... and I wanted it to be clarified because I wanted people to know that he also spent a lot of time hanging out in Lynchburg too... and there are people missing south of nelson as well.. like cassandra morton, wendy francis, tashaunda clarke, etc... I am so running late, I have to go... i just wanted to put this out there so it could be looked at... sorry to drop and run... :)

Also, been meaning to say this for a while, but gets lost in the mix... if someone else can maybe go back to the very very beginning... there is a post that has been twisted up a little in the mix... about Randy T being spotted at the movie theater a couple of weeks prior to alexis going missing... but the original post about that... by the person stating she saw him at the theater... was stating that she saw him at the one in LYNCHBURG, not Ch'ville... I wanted to point that out, because it has since been reposted and reposted as the one in Ch'ville when it wasn't... and I wanted it to be clarified because I wanted people to know that he also spent a lot of time hanging out in Lynchburg too... and there are people missing south of nelson as well.. like cassandra morton, wendy francis, tashaunda clarke, etc... I am so running late, I have to go... i just wanted to put this out there so it could be looked at... sorry to drop and run... :)

Yeah this whole time I thought it was the Cville theater. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks MoxieThyme. Trying to catch back up to speed and refresh my memory...was any information ever released about what was or wasn't on any tapes from the area of the theatre in C-ville where her car was located?

@ aero Someone parked the car in the back of the movie place. Not in the front , because they have cameras in the front view area a good distance for safety measures, it didn't have any camera's in that area of the back..

When I 1st heard of the C'ville movie place. My 1st thought as of the camera's. But it seem who ever parked the car took south entrance/exit. So this says they knew the place. Because a long time movie go'er would not park in the back like that unless its morning hours. Even If your going to the movie's alone you would most likely park in the front. Its just better parking. Faster in and out

I still do think there is camera on one of those stop lights leading up and exiting the C-ville theathre. Im 100 % sure there is one because that is norm for movie places and shopping outlets.

@ moxie I think that's mixed up. He saw her at car wash place. / walmart parking lot one or the other the 1st time and he was smoking drugs(weed) and he sparked a convo to her as she was leaving the area. He parked near her to do so.

This where its said from that conversation he told her to find him a dealer, to lead to last conversation. He said they met by chance the second time ? On the 3rd of august he asked her to find him "that dealer". They claimed she said "I know a guy"? and they went to this guy and they all rode up to his house or w/e and talked drug dealing making mutual friendship or drug dealing appointments with one another. the deal was 60$. Again no phone number was shared between the 3 of them ,from my understand of information released.

Now from the timeframe ,it does not match correctly nor does this story hold ups// What prevented her from finding this dealer the 1st time they met.? Why did she want to find him a dealer on basic conversation with perfect stranger to lead to the second time and didn't give him a number to contact her the 1st time or this dealer.

To my understanding he says "they met by chance the 2nd time in liberty parking lot".

Now how did she contact the 3rd guy( if there is one) if they drove to where he lived then why his he following them and they don't the deal when they met ( which the norm in drug transactions) He said they did the deal at his house. That's a long drive from where they are starting its was about 30 mins. the time frame does not allow 30 mins , only about 10-12 mins. from his story claim. They have to find this dealer together for awhile, then all 3 drive back to his house.

So this leads to phone call of sort because again the dealer don't know she is coming. I highly doubt the dealer just up and jumped at a $60 deal with a perfect stranger and went directly to his house. He say they left before it was dark and in that area of Virginia dawn in 6:45 or 7;15 in the fall. She was last seen at 7;15-20pm ish or so which only give them 1-12 minutes to ride to find this guy . Maybe the dealer was suppose to meet them at his camper by his own claim to her. I honestly think he flipped the story. Because the time frame don't allow 30 minutes+ of driving from 3 cars. That's where I'm doubting his in this story.

Because she is the one fascinated by the drugs not him. In the 1st convo in his (rat)own words. Now all of sudden in the second meeting she is suppose to find him a dealer? Most dealer have friends and we all know they would have seen him and her to meet this guy. So I'm confused on that part. The time frame don't allow 30mins+ of driving by 3 cars. By the time they get back it to his camper would be about 8:30 - if not 9. That's not before dark/dawn

@ aero Someone parked the car in the back of the movie place. Not in the front , because they have cameras in the front view area a good distance for safety measures, it didn't have any camera's in that area of the back..

the video they were supposedly pulling was coming from the business, ACAC, IIRC from across the street, pointing at the movie theater... not the theater's cameras, themselves... but going off memory, so you would have to go back and double check that to be sure...

@ moxie I think that's mixed up. He saw her at car wash place. / walmart parking lot one or the other the 1st time and he was smoking drugs(weed) and he sparked a convo to her as she was leaving the area. He parked near her to do so.

This where its said from that conversation he told her to find him a dealer, to lead to last conversation. He said they met by chance the second time ? On the 3rd of august he asked her to find him "that dealer". They claimed she said "I know a guy"? and they went to this guy and they all rode up to his house or w/e and talked drug dealing making mutual friendship or drug dealing appointments with one another. the deal was 60$. Again no phone number was shared between the 3 of them ,from my understand of information released.

Now from the timeframe ,it does not match correctly nor does this story hold ups// What prevented her from finding this dealer the 1st time they met.? Why did she want to find him a dealer on basic conversation with perfect stranger to lead to the second time and didn't give him a number to contact her the 1st time or this dealer.

To my understanding he says "they met by chance the 2nd time in liberty parking lot".

Now how did she contact the 3rd guy( if there is one) if they drove to where he lived then why his he following them and they don't the deal when they met ( which the norm in drug transactions) He said they did the deal at his house. That's a long drive from where they are starting its was about 30 mins. the time frame does not allow 30 mins , only about 10-12 mins. from his story claim. They have to find this dealer together for awhile, then all 3 drive back to his house.

So this leads to phone call of sort because again the dealer don't know she is coming. I highly doubt the dealer just up and jumped at a $60 deal with a perfect stranger and went directly to his house. He say they left before it was dark and in that area of Virginia dawn in 6:45 or 7;15 in the fall. She was last seen at 7;15-20pm ish or so which only give them 1-12 minutes to ride to find this guy . Maybe the dealer was suppose to meet them at his camper by his own claim to her. I honestly think he flipped the story. Because the time frame don't allow 30 minutes+ of driving from 3 cars. That's where I'm doubting his in this story.

Because she is the one fascinated by the drugs not him. In the 1st convo in his (rat)own words. Now all of sudden in the second meeting she is suppose to find him a dealer? Most dealer have friends and we all know they would have seen him and her to meet this guy. So I'm confused on that part. The time frame don't allow 30mins+ of driving by 3 cars. By the time they get back it to his camper would be about 8:30 - if not 9. That's not before dark/dawn

Ummmmm... okay, Im really tired, sleepy, etc... so please dont take any of my comments to be terse.. they are not meant that way, I promise... but I'm confused by a few things... first, what are you mixed up about? I was discussing a post about RAT being seen at a lynchburg movie theater a few weeks prior to Alexis going missing... that's all... but that's okay, I can go with the flow, its all good :)... going from there... I will say, there is not a walmart in Lovingston... it is a Food Lion... I live here, been living here for almost all of my forty+ years, never had a walmart in Nelson county, probably never will... sorry... :) The gas station/carwash you are referring to is called the chicken coop, and if I'm not mistaken, (but could be wrong) RAT worked there as a cashier in the store part, not the fried chicken part, so anyone who came in to pay cash for gas, buy a soda or get quarters for the spray it with a hose car wash would know his face... Again, could be wrong but I seem to remember him working the register in there with a metal earring shaped like a feather and a leather vest on over a tee-shirt once when I stopped in there... anyway, i digress.... your thoughts on time lines is confusing to me completely... you could walk to his house from both the chicken coop and from liberty in thirty minutes... you could drive it in less then 3 if you were going slow... and either one of them could have dropped a quarter in a payphone and called someone else or RAT could have used his own cell to call someone... or maybe someone was sitting over at the chicken coop... either way, does it matter? RAT got her.. we know this... there is enough evidence to indict him on the abduction... I don't know if she is still here in Nelson, or if he handed her off, or where she is .....I just want her home with her family where she belongs... I don't know if he acted alone or with someone else or with lots of others... its 50/50/50/50 and a thousand more 50/50's and we won't know until they either tell us something or something comes out in February... sorry... its past my bed time... i guess that probably didnt clear anything up... but I hope at least it helped a little... with the whole, there is no walmart and it would only take a couple of minutes to drive to his house. :)

I don't think she met him in Lovingston the 1st time. It was said a car wash or walmart parking lot something of that nature by taylor claim.

Your mis-understanding me somewhat .. I'm sorry I confused.. Im using a nature time frame to the actual time frame( be we dont actually have a valid statement of them beyond of 7pm of A Murphy) . I'm debating his time frame with nature. In that area of Virginia dawn is 6.45-715pm in the fall, its get dark very quickly some day later than others. I'm saying if they where to drive to find a dealer, that would take time way from his claim of before dark.. if they where to drive at those times which I assume is normaly busy with traiffic , it would be around late rush hour there ( everyone coming home from work or to 8pm job) , its about 10-15 mins, then you have drive back to where he lives with all three 3 assumingare close by ,if not. thats another 1o-15 mins which around 30mins. If this dealer lived near were she lived, it about 10 mins away from the gas station to his home which is 20+ mins

Again this depends on where they drove to meet such person.

But Nature in that area doesn't work that way , By the time they get to this dealer its dark regardless of where they went, Even if they do arrive at his home its dark. Its still dark maybe around 8- 9pm. Dawn in that area of Virginia is 6:45- 715. she was seen around late 7. So his claim in a nature way is not making sense in the time frame. He said before dark. But with nature it already dark if they going meet someone and drive back . I highly doubt it was 5 mins because she lived 10 mins away,

no one meets a new person they don't know and goes running they sit and talk for awhile ( drug dealer usually go in groups if a business deal like he is talking). Its just how drugs deal work, they are going ask him what he wants, how much he want what kind of dope how often etc, etc.. Then this drug person goes to get it. That takes time away from his story line. Even if the dealer had it right there, why didn't he sell it to him right there( which is the norm). In Taylor own words he didn't know the man never met him before. Drug deals don't work the way he is claiming they do in this scenario , because nobody actually knows each other( most African American drug dealers are cautious of 1st time white customers not being racist alot them think 1st time white customers are police officer , if they never served you before they are even more cautious) also they wont sell to him directly . He would have asked alexis to buy for him because they who the drug dealer trust and knows in this senario. If he knew or they knew one another, his claim make sense but he said "he didn't." Alexis didn't know him( taylor) because he says in own words they met by "chance" the 2nd time which means random .

I don't think she met him in Lovingston the 1st time. It was said a car wash or walmart parking lot something of that nature by taylor claim.

Your mis-understanding me somewhat .. I'm sorry I confused.. Im using a nature time frame to the actual time frame( be we dont actually have a valid statement of them beyond of 7pm of A Murphy) . I'm debating his time frame with nature. In that area of Virginia dawn is 6.45-715pm in the fall, its get dark very quickly some day later than others. I'm saying if they where to drive to find a dealer, that would take time way from his claim of before dark.. if they where to drive at those times which I assume is normaly busy with traiffic , it would be around late rush hour there ( everyone coming home from work or to 8pm job) , its about 10-15 mins, then you have drive back to where he lives with all three 3 assumingare close by ,if not. thats another 1o-15 mins which around 30mins. If this dealer lived near were she lived, it about 10 mins away from the gas station to his home which is 20+ mins

Again this depends on where they drove to meet such person.

But Nature in that area doesn't work that way , By the time they get to this dealer its dark regardless of where they went, Even if they do arrive at his home its dark. Its still dark maybe around 8- 9pm. Dawn in that area of Virginia is 6:45- 715. she was seen around late 7. So his claim in a nature way is not making sense in the time frame. He said before dark. But with nature it already dark if they going meet someone and drive back . I highly doubt it was 5 mins because she lived 10 mins away,

no one meets a new person they don't know and goes running they sit and talk for awhile ( drug dealer usually go in groups if a business deal like he is talking). Its just how drugs deal work, they are going ask him what he wants, how much he want what kind of dope how often etc, etc.. Then this drug person goes to get it. That takes time away from his story line. Even if the dealer had it right there, why didn't he sell it to him right there( which is the norm). In Taylor own words he didn't know the man never met him before. Drug deals don't work the way he is claiming they do in this scenario , because nobody actually knows each other( most African American drug dealers are cautious of 1st time white customers not being racist alot them think 1st time white customers are police officer , if they never served you before they are even more cautious) also they wont sell to him directly . He would have asked alexis to buy for him because they who the drug dealer trust and knows in this senario. If he knew or they knew one another, his claim make sense but he said "he didn't." Alexis didn't know him( taylor) because he says in own words they met by "chance" the 2nd time which means random .

yeah, okay... i gotcha... i understand where your coming from... I guess I just view it a bit differently... I mean, your looking at it from the outside looking in... I view it from being smack in the middle of it... just different perspectives... different views... like... theres no such thing as rush hour here... and they wouldnt have gone back to her place or anywhere near there... believe me, no teen would go back toward her parents house to buy weed... they woulda just stayed in lovingston probably by the car wash... besides, the car wash and the mcdonalds across 29 are the two big hubs of activity in lil' ol' nelson, its the social center for all teens... she wouldn' have left there if she was trying to score... not saying she was, just IF she was, then she wouldn't have left the one place she mighta most easily run into someone she coulda gotten some from... you have to understand, its nelson... she could sat at the car wash or the chicken coop or the mcdonalds and waited for five minutes on a saturday night and within those five minutes run in to a couple of kids from or a couple of older friends and gotten a bag of weed... theres nothing else to do in nelson! that being said, I don't think she had to do that for RAT... I think RAT is more of that persona... that cool older guy all the kids know they can go to get weed from.. part of his many masks... thats why he always hangs with younger crowds... just like with samantha... and the two at the bar before she disappeared... and just like the ones in his truck the day after alexis went missing over by crabtree.... and another thing... I think taylors full of Bull Schloopie... imo... I'm pretty sure he knows the guy with the corn rows... don't think he and RAT were strangers at all, I think their buds... but again, just my opinion... so... anyway, I appreciate your perspective, and I know you are looking at things in your own way, and I respect that... sorry if I sounded disgruntled... was just really sleepy thats all :) again... sleepy, up too late.... grumble grumble, smile smile... going to bed... thank you for your patience and your thoughts... they are respected and appreciated! :)

RAT is no stranger in that town. He has a extensive criminal history. He's lived there a long time. If anyone had connections to get weed, he would. An adult who is a frequent smoker would know just where to go to get some pot. There would be no need to ask a teenage girl to get him some weed.

IMO, the whole story is bogus.

[@moxie.. I went to school up there. So I know that area as well maybe not as the everyday folks today. But I do remember the traffic from my time unless it changed in past few years.

I'm working in his claim with a nature based time. If he said they left to find a dealer with alexis then . Then lets lead with his lie (lol).. I feel its a lot things we do not know. what kind of driver was alexis murphy. That's play a factor in time. Just because it estimate to take 5mins to get some where does not 'mean it takes everyone that amount of time. If she is slow driver then its 7-8 mins to get to same exact spot..

This all play a factor in a nature time way. I like how you say the hang out was right where she already based. So this let me build 2-3 alternate scenarios.

1. He told her he found he a weed dealer and meet him around the corner. He can subdue her( she is sitting around being silent because she does not want to be hurt and obey'd in those moment ,he fake a deal / he gags her ties her up and take her car keys inside. The dealer don't know he's out side waiting and him and this guy leave together and he tell him he dropping the car off for her father or whomever and he needs a ride back and she is sleepy/staying. This would put two cars leaving his property and gives him ride back.

2. this weed dealer as already there and they take advantage of ms murphy while she in the camper the camper( a fake drug deal). they make her tell detail of where she worked. But again they are high and drunk and mis interpid what she says. They put the car in the movie lot, when she might have said I work near the movies. in both scenario taylor has a ride back. In both his car is still on property as both leave this area( so he assumed home). But the time is nature bases, so its dark which is the perfect thing. Also the before dawn claim which could me 5am in the morning the net day. I think he meant before dusk which is before night." I just caught that part"

The 3rd one is he did this alone. Which I think he did, maybe drove/towed a car there before hand and left it near in the night hours, then drove her car to movie lot( because he is drunk and high and misheard information) and just walk to his towed car he left. People seem to forget he tow truck cars and repo'd them this give excess to cars. They know the area better than anyone at night. It would be normal for him to do that none would suspect that. All he has to say is. I"m a repo man dropping of a car or tow man

Those are just time based example. I do it feel it was out attack and Ms murphy was never into drugs.

Those are just time based example. I do it feel it was out attack and Ms murphy was never into drugs.

I think her online SM persona was the polar opposite to her real life one. I think she embraced the drug culture especially on twitter but from her family and friends reports she was studious and sporty and a typical popular 17 year old girl.

STILL PRAYING she's found soon. I imagine her parents pain is tremendous with Thanksgiving approaching.

Yes .. I feel the same way . I saw the profile a lot things she says are a song writer lyrics "wiz khaldefi" who is very popular among teens today and his music a lot weed reference. Her fashion look is about as the same as his wife amber rose.

I was just playing devil advocate here, I think its good to build scenarios, its give another angles of the mind. Taylor wording is very off, its called "flipping the facts", what he says sound nothing like a 17yr old female from that area or this time frame of youth. Its very dated. Once you flip what he says you can figure the truth because he is his using his own voice and thought.

FYI: Sunset in Nelson County was at 8:23 pm that day (2023). Sunrise was at 6:22am and dawn is before sunrise.

I know these things before hand not to sound rude.. This why I said lets debate this in a nature way. His story claim of sorts in a nature time way. Because either way it night time in nature for the season. The fall season night time hours come sooner than summer and.. It does not have to dark to be night time. Nor does it have night to be dark.

This where im leading it to , because a predator works a on time, if this was planned.. he would need to know what time of day it is. This why he said before dark or dawn to steer away fear. But thing is none of those match nature. Because either way its night time. Does not matter what exact time the sun sets that day, because those will always vary depending on where you are in lighting or the areas of town. Only thing that matter is season time estimates. which is the exact time I said for the fall.

That can not be disputed by me or Taylor nature doesn't make a mistake with time.. It was already dark and it was already night time. Just because that area had some light does not mean its before dark. So what I showed you right there was he planned and he had a time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member