UK Victoria Taylor, 34, last seen at home 9am, Malton North Yorks, 30 Sep 24.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to a close friend and an admin of the find Victoria group, this is incorrect. She did not leave her home at 9, her partner and child did.

I think we just need to bare this in mind when reading anything. Note they don’t show any evidence of her leaving at 9, and indeed she isn’t seen on cctv before the BP stop at 11:30.
But tbh, this is coming from the police press release..it's not just some random newspaper.

IMO it's strange that the police and family are in a disagreement of this.

NEW TIMELINE

• 09:00: Victoria was last seen at her home in Malton.
  • 11:35: She was captured on CCTV at a BP garage on Welham Road, purchasing items.
  • 11:53: Further CCTV showed Victoria with her bag of items at Malton Bus Station but she is not believed to have boarded public transport.
  • 12:30: Footage recovered shows her heading towards a riverside playpark, where her purchased items were later recovered.

via Victoria Taylor: Police press conference on missing Malton mum

I'm not convinced that Victoria left her house at around 0900 hours, but if that is what the police are saying, then I'll have to accept it. What did she do for the next 2.5 hours?
I'm not sure they did say she left at 9? I remember them saying that she was confirmed at home around 9 as she did some video chat with her sisters around that time.

I think the point here is that in the first couple of days the 9 am confirmed sighting at home was the last confirmed time. Then we had some unconfirmed reports of going over the bridge and then going by the playground.

Now we have the confirmed with CCTV sightings at the BP/M&S shop and then walking through the bus station. Then we can add on the presumed playground sighting as her bag and cap were found by the river, presumably further down than the playground.

I'm not convinced that Victoria left her house at around 0900 hours, but if that is what the police are saying, then I'll have to accept it. What did she do for the next 2.5 hours?
Makes more sense if she didn't leave at 9 and just dad and kid did. Yet police say she left at 9. Something about these timings seems off. Family saying one thing and police another.

Ah, at press conference it's now "last seen at her home" so when he left then. We know she left her home cos she's on CCTV at the other places. Even though many on Twitter say that is not her, family and police say it is. Who are we to argue. Wonder if she said she was going out or had any plans for the day. Obviously not working that day, why she didn't go with her man and child to his parents' home.

Last edited:
From the latest police statement.... ( hopefully the media will now amend their info regarding VTs height. )

We have a further confirmed sighting of Victoria, which was captured at 11.53am on the Monday at Malton Bus Station on Railway Street.

Additional witness evidence supports the fact that Victoria did not enter the station and we have no reason to believe that she used public transport at that time.

In the last 24 hours we have also recovered further CCTV footage which shows Victoria walking towards the play park on Riverside Walk at 12.30pm

Victoria is described as 5ft 2

I'm not sure they did say she left at 9? I remember them saying that she was confirmed at home around 9 as she did some video chat with her sisters around that time.

I think the point here is that in the first couple of days the 9 am confirmed sighting at home was the last confirmed time. Then we had some unconfirmed reports of going over the bridge and then going by the playground.

Ah, at press conference it's now "last seen at her home" so when he left then.
Both posts snipped by me for focus.

In the press conference today (09 Oct 2024) Chief Superintendent Fiona Willey says that Victoria left her home at 9 a.m. (see here at around 51 seconds into the video). Despite this, I still have my doubts. Perhaps I need to be less focused on detail. Looking at the bigger picture, sadly, I don't think this possible discrepancy in the timings is going to be significant.

Both posts snipped by me for focus.

In the press conference today (09 Oct 2024) Chief Superintendent Fiona Willey says that Victoria left her home at 9 a.m. (see here at around 51 seconds into the video). Despite this, I still have my doubts. Perhaps I need to be less focused on detail. Looking at the bigger picture, sadly, I don't think this possible discrepancy in the timings is going to be significant.
Doesn't take 2.5 hours to walk to the BP garage so where was she in the meantime. CCTV must be able to tell them this.
So the last sighting was 12.30 walking towards the playpark. Can't see any way really that she's not in the river.

NEW TIMELINE

• 09:00: Victoria was last seen at her home in Malton.
  • 11:35: She was captured on CCTV at a BP garage on Welham Road, purchasing items.
  • 11:53: Further CCTV showed Victoria with her bag of items at Malton Bus Station but she is not believed to have boarded public transport.
  • 12:30: Footage recovered shows her heading towards a riverside playpark, where her purchased items were later recovered.

via Victoria Taylor: Police press conference on missing Malton mum

Those timestamps suggest she is really dawdling along. From the fb page, people are saying it takes 5-10 mins to get from BP to the bus station, and then the bus station to the park isn’t far at all either.

It doesn’t sound like walking with a purpose, imo.

Google route planning corroborates this too. If you take the beginning and end points (so BP and Riverside playground) that entire journey is a 10 min walk, and google usually overestimates too.

Those timestamps suggest she is really dawdling along. From the fb page, people are saying it takes 5-10 mins to get from BP to the bus station, and then the bus station to the park isn’t far at all either.

Google route planning corroborates this too. If you take the beginning and end points (so BP and Riverside playground) that entire journey is a 10 min walk, and google usually overestimates
How about home to BP garage, assuming she didn't stop on way?

Google route planning corroborates this too. If you take the beginning and end points (so BP and Riverside playground) that entire journey is a 10 min walk, and google usually overestimates too.
I suppose there’s a chance that the time stamps on one or both of the CCTV are inaccurate, if one was running a bit late and the other a bit early then that could account for this. My personal experience is that CCTV timestamps can be wildly inaccurate if not maintained or synced properly. I would hope that this is something that the police would have looked at (but who knows!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back