UK Victoria Taylor, 34, last seen at home 9am, Malton North Yorks, 30 Sep 24.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Notwithstanding that she was said to be looking forward to the wedding, the fact that the family had just returned from their first holiday together makes me wonder if something happened on that holiday, eg a major row or a confession by her fiance, that called all of that into question.
I wondered if something had happened on the holiday too.
This doesn't sound good, I hope she's found soon for her family's sake.

Looking at her pictures on social media she looks so happy so I'm puzzled. Beautiful little daughter who she clearly loves.
Hope this isn't crime related.

A lot of people's lives aren't how they appear on social media, so you can never really go by that.
I wonder if it was known that she was struggling with her mental health? (If she actually was of course)

The Mirror article posted above states this
It is believed she was last seen in Commercial Street, Norton, heading towards the library. CCTV in a local Marks and Spencer where she bought a "bottle of soft drink"

There is one photo that touched me, with her family, quoting sth like “my whole world in one picture”.

I don’t know what to think honestly. I think at this point nothing should be excluded (including foul play)

ETA her known whereabouts:
The CCTV was captured at 11.35am on Welham Road, also in the Norton area.
1727971081054.jpeg

Last edited:
The Mirror article posted above states this
It is believed she was last seen in Commercial Street, Norton, heading towards the library. CCTV in a local Marks and Spencer where she bought a "bottle of soft drink"

There is one photo that touched me, with her family, quoting sth like “my whole world in one picture”.

I don’t know what to think honestly. I think at this point nothing should be excluded (including foul play)

ETA her known whereabouts:
The CCTV was captured at 11.35am on Welham Road, also in the Norton area.
View attachment 535101
For them to have started checking the river pretty much straight away suggests to me they had some evidence that she was struggling.

This is slightly different to Nicola (whose last confirmed sighting was next to the river) and Gaynor (where there was substantive CCTV which showed her heading there)

TIMELINE
Monday (September 30)

9am

Victoria Taylor is last seen at her home in Malton, North Yorkshire.
She is understood to have been going towards the library in Commercial Street.

11.35am

She goes into a BP garage on Welham Road.
Sister Heidi Baker claims she is also seen heading towards the River Derwent at some point.

Tuesday (October 1)

The search efforts for Victoria ramp up, with a police presence in the area she was last seen and a Facebook search group is set up.

Wednesday (October 2)

The search expands to focus on the river after Victoria's belongings were found on the riverbank.
Drones are spotted at nearby Malton & Norton Golf Club.
Members of the Facebook group arrange to meet at the train station.

Thursday (October 3)

Police release a CCTV image of Victoria at a BP garage at 11.35am on Monday and confirm her belongings were found on the river bank.
Volunteer searchers from the Facebook group arrange to meet outside a pub at 1pm.
The admin of the Facebook page advises searchers not to go near the river, after being warned off by cops.

There is no longer a warning not to search by the river, just to be cautious as the water is high and North Yorkshire police have also shared photographs of other clothing found near the river on the Facebook page that have been left in situ and have said no need to report those items either. Whilst withholding a lot of information- they are trying to address anything the public needs to know, without disclosing personal information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back