UK Victoria Taylor, 34, last seen at home 9am, Malton North Yorks, 30 Sep 24.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

In Monday's briefing, North Yorkshire Police shed light on one aspect of Victoria's movements but have inadvertently raised further questions. Closer to piecing the puzzle together, authorities confirmed that after departing the BP garage, Victoria appeared at the bus station within 18 minutes.

A quick check with Google Maps shows that it takes approximately eight minutes to walk from the garage to the bus station, leaving a ten-minute window yet to be explained.
BBM

Perhaps sat down to have a drink.

A quick check with Google Maps shows that it takes approximately eight minutes to walk from the garage to the bus station, leaving a ten-minute window yet to be explained.
BBM
Snipped by me for focus.

There is a small chance that the barriers were down on the level crossing to allow a train through. This would have delayed her progress, though probably not by 10 minutes. The police will have been able to check this via the CCTV that covers the crossing.

The drink might explain the 10 minute window mentioned above though.
Yes it could do. Surely they'll know from CCTV pics, like Nicola, if she didn't leave the area walking or get in a car or on a bus. Seem to be sure she's in the river. The cops will know a lot more than us ie her state of mind, where she may be going etc etc. Wonder if she called or texted anyone after leaving home. They'll know that too.

In Monday's briefing, North Yorkshire Police shed light on one aspect of Victoria's movements but have inadvertently raised further questions. Closer to piecing the puzzle together, authorities confirmed that after departing the BP garage, Victoria appeared at the bus station within 18 minutes.

BBM

Not sure what they mean by "Why was Victoria found at a bus stop on an October Monday morning?". Is this just badly worded meaning she was seen on cctv near the bus station? The bus station is also next to the train station.

Obviously we don't know exactly what items were found, but I think I've only seen mention of the hat,the bag and the drinks? Makes me wonder if the bag was found empty and maybe she could have had a change of clothes in there or other items that she took with her, maybe doubling back up to the bus/train station with a slightly altered appearance?

Yes it could do. Surely they'll know from CCTV pics, like Nicola, if she didn't leave the area walking or get in a car or on a bus. Seem to be sure she's in the river. The cops will know a lot more than us ie her state of mind, where she may be going etc etc. Wonder if she called or texted anyone after leaving home. They'll know that too.

Think you're probably right about cctv , certainly regarding trains and buses. There doesn't seem to be a lot of places for footage on the route she took, other than the bus station. Hardly any houses for doorbell cams either.

ETA: The camera at the bus station seems to be pointing inward into the bus station (makes sense) so wonder if she did indeed go in there.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't know how to attach stuff (not computer wise oops) but sun online reporting police saying she MAY HAVE changed clothes which goes along with my own theory that she's not in the water and has left the area on her own accord for what ever reason. People may ask but how would she leave her 2 year old child behind. If you have ever suffered from postnatal depression (and I'm not saying this is the situation here) as I once did when my youngest was the same age I came pretty damn close to leaving both my kids with their dad because I couldn't see any alternative. Luckily I didn't leave them just took them away from a crap marriage and never looked back. We don't know what is going on in people's lives but please I hope this lovely lady is found safe and well asap

Sorry I don't know how to attach stuff (not computer wise oops) but sun online reporting police saying she MAY HAVE changed clothes which goes along with my own theory that she's not in the water and has left the area on her own accord for what ever reason. People may ask but how would she leave her 2 year old child behind. If you have ever suffered from postnatal depression (and I'm not saying this is the situation here) as I once did when my youngest was the same age I came pretty damn close to leaving both my kids with their dad because I couldn't see any alternative. Luckily I didn't leave them just took them away from a crap marriage and never looked back. We don't know what is going on in people's lives but please I hope this lovely lady is found safe and well asap

Interesting. Had a quick look myself but not found that article. To put in a link - if you can copy the address of the link, then click the Insert Link button (looks like a linked chain) and then you can just paste it in there. If you're on a phone it tends to be a bit more fiddly than on a computer though IMO. Or alternatively just paste the link straight into a message and we can copy and paste it ourselves into another tab.

A long time though from leaving home/in laws, virtually most of the morning. Wonder how much of her morning they have tracked on CCTV. If she met someone or called at someone's house.

I meant the time gap between the petrol station and the bus station..the supposed 8 minute walk which took 18 minutes. I think the difference in time is easily accounted for if Victoria sat down at some point and had a drink.

I agree with you re the earlier timings. The gap from 9am when she left home, to the 11.35 hrs garage sighting. Hopefully the police have more info than we do for that interval.

Interesting. Had a quick look myself but not found that article. To put in a link - if you can copy the address of the link, then click the Insert Link button (looks like a linked chain) and then you can just paste it in there. If you're on a phone it tends to be a bit more fiddly than on a computer though IMO. Or alternatively just paste the link straight into a message and we can copy and paste it ourselves into another tab.
I assume its this article

It's saying that if she's still alive she may have changed clothes since she was last seen rather then implying she changed on the day as some kind of disguise I believe

I think I they mean don't get hung up on the clothes on the CCTV which is a general warning I guess is any case of a missing person

Sadly I don't think there will be any outcome when they dont find her in the water

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back