Video of KC and Baez Crying together to be released UPDATE BAEZ THREATENS TO SUE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brings him big bucks as an attorney?:confused: I can't imagine anyone hiring this nut case after this fiasco! Now if he goes off and sales the Casey Anthony story that might net him a few bucks but at what price...then he would not only be the least thought of attorney in the legal field...he would be the most despised man alive. No, I think unless he literally pulls a rabbit out of a hat, he is done for after this case.

I agree. I don't think he can walk away now...his reputation would be permanently tarnished. I think the only way he can save himself is to finish off the case and hope for some miracle to happen in the meantime.

We all know what she's writing on that pad...

Casey Baez
Mrs. Casey Baez
Mrs. Jose Baez
Casey & Jose Baez

'cept she's probably misspelling his name!

Too funny....sad but probably true....she seems to always have to have a man... :razz::razz::razz:

It amazes me. Even when he has a valid arguement, such as "please don't release video of a private discussion between lawyer and client", he gets it so wrong. he really doesn't know what he is doing.

As much as I hate JB, there really is no valid reason for video of he and KC crying during a meeting when Caylee's remains to be found to be released. The SA gets their point across with the public area footage of KC reacting to the TV. Publicly releasing any video showing JB and KC together dances dangerously close to violating privelege to no good public purpose. It would be one thing if they had video of improprieties such as the loosely rumored "sharing a twizzler", or the touchy feely moments that JB was warned about. But this particular video serves no purpose except to fed the news shows and give JB something else to grandstand badly about.

I think counsel has shot himself in the foot again. He is making a big deal of this tape, drawing attention to it that it might not otherwise have had, just as he did when he instantly claimed A/C privilege as to D. Casey's search of the remains site. I agree (not having seen it, of course) that it might get close to treacherous ground, since KC and JB are together, and they are attorney and client. So what if it shows, as a follow-up to her hyperventilating, public moment, that JB is upset and/or crying, and she is all angry, with folded arms, just a few moments later, instead of a devastated mom. Maybe the judge will review the tape and say it can't come out. JB won't be able to make any representations to the contrary, at least. Like about how sad and upset she really was.

When you are in jail there is NO "invasion of privacy."

If you don't want your life experiences exposed in jail, then DON'T do the crime so you don't GO TO JAIL. Really simple.

Florida has FOIA and anything related to a case video taped is subject to release to the public.

I was talking about the innocent bystander witnesses whose very private info is being released to the public, not KC. She deserves whatever she gets.

I think the release of this video is horrible, if the vid we speak of is the discovery of Caylee's remains. What if Casey is innocent and the reaction that we will all salivate over is actually her honest reaction to the discovery of her child's remains? It makes me terribly uncomfortable and I for one, will not watch it. I have no desire to watch any mother come undone, regardless of her involvement. Casey's pain triggers absolutely no delight in me as I imagine it pales in comparison to the pain she has caused others. I live in FL and think the sunshine act needs to be repealed or changed. I feel it is unfair to both the incarcerated and her prosecutors.

Here's my problem withher reaction. It was never CONFIRMED that it was Caylee when it was found. Did she have a similar reaction when any other POTENTIAL evidence was found. Did she react like this when Padilla was combing the Little Econ? Why this INTENSITY, THIS time? Because she knew her goose was cooked with this particular discovery. She could have cared less at any other discovery which shows she KNEW this was Caylee, even though it was not confirmed when she reacted. How could she KNOW if she wasn't involved? Did she react the same when other bodies of water were examined or during the searches near the airport? No she only reacted to THIS particular search. WHY?

Watching this whole thing...I really just am waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out and say "Punk'd" or similar.

I really can't believe that she is going to get adequate representation with JB. It is sad, because it will just open up grounds for appeal later. By not getting information for his client's defense (basically wanting the SA to do everything for him), etc., it just screams 'incompetent representation'.

Ineffective counsel is a difficult appeal to win. You have to provethat the atty did basically NOTHING. He can even be drunk during the trial and that's not enough. Baez has hired experts. That alone, plus all his other attys will keep an ineffective appeal from being used.

Casey Baez
Mrs. Casey Baez
Mrs. Jose Baez
Casey & Jose Baez

I shamefully admit that I used to do that in the 7th grade...LOL

This is something to think about for the skeptics! Casey use to PLAY or do whatever she did in the area where Caylees remains were found. She buried dead pets there. Not many people knew she hung out there. If Baez wants the old boyfriends computer/whatever to pin the murder on him, what happened to ZANNY.
Baez knows shes guilty but as a lawyer hired by KC he has an obligation to represent his paying client no matter what! Why does he stay with the case? Its gone nationwide- everyone knows of KC the A's and little Caylee. It brings or will bring Baez big bucks in the future. The Anthony case is his gravy train.

This may be the only case in history where an attorney is rewarded for sheer stupidity.

Casey Baez
Mrs. Casey Baez
Mrs. Jose Baez
Casey & Jose Baez

:floorlaugh: Thanks, I needed that.

Wow I am completely shocked by this! I was unaware that the judge had made a ruling on this. Good grief I miss out on all of the good stuff....

You could hear the surprise in the voice of WESH-Channel's Bob Kealing as he relayed the news today.
Earlier, Kealing reported that Baez's spokeswoman did acknowledge that Anthony has sold licensing rights to photos and video.
WKMG-Channel 6's Mike DeForest reported that prosecutors are about to release a videotape of Anthony's reaction at Orange County Jail on the day Caylee's remains were found. DeForest also reported that Baez plans to file sanctions against prosecutors, who are going to release a tape of the lawyer with his client.
Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...y-case--4.html

Thanks to Angel Who Cares for the updates!

I wonder if this could be the licorice incident? I can't figure out what else it could be? Maybe the hugging incident? Hmm... Whatever it is it has to be interesting. It sure has my interest up!
My apologies that I have not had time to read each post in this thread and some of what I'm about to say may already have been addressed - if so I apologize.

1) I don't see where a suit or sanctions against the prosecution could be appropriate. Doesn't FL Sunshine Law say such information must be released if request is made by the press if a judge does not intervene to say don't release it? And wouldn't it be released by jail officials rather than prosecutors anyway? Isn't his beef with whether or not it was lawful to record the meeting with his client and wasn't that done by jail officials? But since it was done, isn't it required to be released to the public? I agree that if it is determined that it shouldn't have been recorded then he has grounds to keep it from being used at trial would that also mean it wouldn't be released to the public? Isn't part of the Sunshine Law's purpose so that the public can know if their officials are operating lawfully? Why then would it be withheld on the basis that it wasn't lawful?

2) I would not expect any video of Biaz and his client to be presented by prosecutors at trial - whether it's of them crying together or eating licorace or whatever. What possible weight would it have on determining Casey's guilt or innocence in this case?

3) Regarding the video of Casey's reaction to news that remains had been found off Suburban Dr, I would also not expect it to be introduced by prosecution at trial to show that she "knew" these remains were Caylee's. Didn't everyone of us also know that the moment we heard the news? Did anyone really have to wait to get the autopsy results to "know" this was Caylee? If the video comes into the trial the defense will say that she only concluded the same thing the rest of us did and her reaction was not one of "uh oh, I've been caught" but one of "omg my daughter has been killed" so I think if it comes into the trial it will more likely be introduced by the defense as the prosecution has little to gain with it, in my opinion.

4) I think much of the information that has been and will be released will not be presented by the prosecution at trial because it really doesn't go to proving the case against Casey. I also think that the release of this information has nothing to do with trying to influence the jury pool - though I acknowledge that it may do so. I think that they are just following the law and the law says the public has a right to have access to the information they have obtained - it doesn't say the public has a right to have access only to the information they intend to use at trial.

5) If I was the defendent, the defense lawyer, family or friend of the family of the defendent or of the victim, I might not want to see these videos or any of the other information released either.

6) I am not in the potential jury pool and I am none of those mentioned in #5 and even though I do sometimes think that things are released that shouldn't be - I admit it, I will read all the docs and watch all the videos and listen to all the recordings that are released. As they say, inquiring minds want to know!

Hey Momtective - first let me say thanks for your professional job on NG show.

Don't be so sure...there have been some very marginal folks who end up as TV pundits. Nothing surprises me. I'll bet Jerry Rivers will give him a correspondence shot after this. Geragos has LOST and embarrassed himself, imo, but he's still on TV. Perper is a nut and can't understand a question - had one high profile case and then...there he is in his uneven dome glory on the NG show selling his book???

OT: There is something about Baez that resembles Pee Wee Herman and I just can't shake it.

Is it his smirking smile? I can't stand it, personally.

You can't help but think JB's students are walking out of that class and may be laughing at their instructor during their study groups and are probably getting an education in what not to do when presenting a motion.

Hi, Karen,
ITA, it must be difficult for his students...I've always learned best when I respect and admire my instructor. It would be hard for me not to roll my eyes at him :crazy:

(QUOTE)3) Regarding the video of Casey's reaction to news that remains had been found off Suburban Dr, I would also not expect it to be introduced by prosecution at trial to show that she "knew" these remains were Caylee's. Didn't everyone of us also know that the moment we heard the news? Did anyone really have to wait to get the autopsy results to "know" this was Caylee? If the video comes into the trial the defense will say that she only concluded the same thing the rest of us did and her reaction was not one of "uh oh, I've been caught" but one of "omg my daughter has been killed" so I think if it comes into the trial it will more likely be introduced by the defense as the prosecution has little to gain with it, in my opinion.(QUOTE)

i am not sure that I entirely agree with you. I think that the video would be extremely telling. She was seen in a video stating that she felt in her gut that Caylee was ok. She was professed that the nanny took her...why would someone who has babysat for Caylee for 2 years, apparently loved her dearly kill her and throw her away like trash? It doesn't make any sense. Look at all the people on this website and others that have fallen in love with her and we/they have never met her. No, I think the video is very telling and JB knows it. KC knew that they had found her...because she put her there and that part of her defense was over. IMO

Hey Momtective - first let me say thanks for your professional job on NG show.

Don't be so sure...there have been some very marginal folks who end up as TV pundits. Nothing surprises me. I'll bet Jerry Rivers will give him a correspondence shot after this. Geragos has LOST and embarrassed himself, imo, but he's still on TV. Perper is a nut and can't understand a question - had one high profile case and then...there he is in his uneven dome glory on the NG show selling his book???

OT: There is something about Baez that resembles Pee Wee Herman and I just can't shake it.

It's the hairline and forehead.

Here's my problem withher reaction. It was never CONFIRMED that it was Caylee when it was found. Did she have a similar reaction when any other POTENTIAL evidence was found. Did she react like this when Padilla was combing the Little Econ? Why this INTENSITY, THIS time? Because she knew her goose was cooked with this particular discovery. She could have cared less at any other discovery which shows she KNEW this was Caylee, even though it was not confirmed when she reacted. How could she KNOW if she wasn't involved? Did she react the same when other bodies of water were examined or during the searches near the airport? No she only reacted to THIS particular search. WHY?

Exactly!

Besides, she kept saying that she knew Caylee was okay. Therefore, it seems to me KC would hold on to the hope that the remains were not those of Caylee. Isn't the first stage of grief denial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back