VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

IMO, I surmise that she was abducted and placed in the trunk by someone who left their vehicle near the scene of the abduction, The Black Lantern Inn. Whoever did it backed her vehicle up to the door to prevent her from escaping. They then tied her up to keep her from escaping the abandoned building and walked the mile back to where he/they left their vehicle. They then drove back to the abandoned building and picked her up. End of IMO.

Thinking as a 17 year old now...I've moved out of my parents home, working, dropped out of school but going for GED, prob feeling pretty mature for my age and hanging with people who party and are prob older. Would they have been hanging out at the abandoned barn to party? Did she interact with other people at work? Maybe they saw her talking with people or making plans after work? Were there other tire tracks at the same location? I believe the car was found the next day and towed, just wondering how extensive the barn was searched? Were there other signs of activity? Was it a known hang out? Teens love hanging at abandoned structures to party. I'm sure the investigators explored this, but I haven dug that deep into the background.

Unfortunately, age isn't a factor for making poor choices and trusting people you think are friends, but befriending people who are trouble usually leads to trouble. Jessica Hildebrand's story sounds similar, wondering if Brianna also befriended some really troubled folks.

Brianna had some serious enemies - maybe because she had been fronted drugs or money; people routinely get murdered for failing to repay even $50 from drug dealers or sharks. There is one pic of her where she has a black eye and some facial injuries that indicate she was beaten hard. I suspect that was a warning to her at the time. Her killers are most likely local to that area, and people who were involved in her social circle. And no, I seriously doubt she's alive. As far as her killer being related to Maura's case, I just don't see any connections at all - even though many people want there to be some. For whatever reason, maybe the drama of it all, I find that here at WS and in the True Crime community always want to relate cases together - most often because of geographical location. I think if we followed that ideology there would be like, tens of thousands of serial killers in America. The reality is that human beings are complicated; murders are usually something personal (i.e, "you cheated on me and now YOU want a divorce? I'll show you divorce!" - even gang shootings can be personal too) - serial killers are a rare breed. As for Maura, I would love to check the forest of the area that she was last seen in; I used to be a Park Ranger and to be able to follow tracks etc in the winter you have to know what you're doing (they said her tracks suddenly disappeared - I have serious doubts about this) - and when I used to work nights in the winter I'd often be assigned to 'foot patrol' (I had an ATV or a snow machine that I would drive into the woods and then park and walk) someone who is drunk and cold and inexperienced could get lost very quickly and die a mere hours later. I loved working those *advertiser censored* because the woods were so peaceful (I knew the area so well I didn't need to use my Streamlight), but I had a heated vest, heated gloves, heated socks, special boots for military use in the Arctic, a jacket that protected me to -35 degrees F, plenty of high-energy snacks and Gatorade, multiple light sources (some could light up the woods like it was daytime), redundant communication equipment in case I needed to call my dispatcher or police/fire, etc. Maura was drunk, probably confused and scared of getting arrested, it was freezing, at night, and in the middle of nowhere. I'd be willing to place a bet that her remains are there someplace, and that she passed away from hypothermia (which is common in people who had been drinking).
That fight with the broken nose had nothing to do with drugs. It had to do with a jealous girl and her boyfriend nothing to do with drugs it was over petty *advertiser censored* with teenage girls unfortunately nothing to do with the disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelseydeec
Back