Found Deceased VT - Kayla Wright, circumstances surrounding her disappearance are under investigation, Troy, 2 Feb 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
KW MISSING
The Vermont State Police Derby Barracks is investigating the report of missing person Kayla Wright. Wright was last seen in the Troy area in the early morning hours of Feb. 2, 2024. She has not had contact with family or acquaintances since and was reported missing to troopers on Feb. 3, 2024. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are under investigation and there are concerns for her welfare
*eta: Vermont State Police search for missing 29-year-old

Last edited:
Sweet-looking girl -- guessing she is still a teen or a young 20-something, although her age was not given in the news article I read.
Hoping she is just taking a couple of days with a friend, and not with someone she "met" online.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A bit about Troy, VT - -
Troy is a town in Orleans County, Vermont, United States. The population was 1,722 at the 2020 census. Troy contains two villages: the unincorporated village of Troy, and the incorporated village of North Troy. Wikipedia
[...]
Weather: 26°F (-3°C), Wind NE at 3 mph (5 km/h)

State police say Kayla Wright, of Derby, was last seen in the Troy area in the early morning hours on Friday and she hasn't had any contact with her family or acquaintances since then.

Wright was reported missing on Saturday. She is described as approximately 5'3 tall with a thin build, brown hair and brown eyes.

The circumstances surrounding Wright's disappearance are under investigation, and police say they are actively pursuing leads at this time

Sweet-looking girl -- guessing she is still a teen or a young 20-something, although her age was not given in the news article I read.
Hoping she is just taking a couple of days with a friend, and not with someone she "met" online.
A bit about Troy, VT - -
Troy is a town in Orleans County, Vermont, United States. The population was 1,722 at the 2020 census. Troy contains two villages: the unincorporated village of Troy, and the incorporated village of North Troy. Wikipedia
[...]
Very rural and less than 20 miles from where Brianna Maitland disappeared 20+ years ago. Let’s hope Kayla is found safely and soon!

A bit about Troy, VT - -
[...]
According to this article she's almost 30. I agree, VERY young looking. 29-year-old woman from Derby, VT, reported missing

Most of the people have lived there for generations. I have family there and know many of the families. Orleans County use to be a quiet rural farm area but in the past few years drugs, shootings, homicides and overdose deaths have taken over. Lot of drugs and dealers coming in from MA, CT and NY. Fentanyl and heroin mostly.

Kaylas phone was found at a couples home with multiple people present at the home when found. Her twin says her family started receiving texts from Kaylas phone on Friday night and they knew the texts were not Kayla. She stated the text were sick and distubing.

Unfortunately it was most likely people she knew and possibly some involved that she didn't. Everyone knows everyone or at the very least knows of each other..They all went to the same high school. Except for the out of staters coming in to deliver the drugs and pick up the cash

She was shot in the head...
This is not the first of the shootings/deaths in the area due to drugs...the police always say the shootings are not related..yet they all involve drugs. The

As of right now they have no suspects even though her phone was found and the home searched of her last known location. They have no suspects yet tell the community "no one is in custody, nor any suspects in the homicide.... believe this is an isolated incident and there is no threat to the community."
There is a huge threat in the community but the police avoid connecting them. Drugs, OD and shootings are rampant in the community. It affects every family there. A brother, a sister, a son, a daughter., a cousin, an uncle .chances are they all have a family member and defintely know someone in addiction...the NEK has about 7 or 8 unsolved murders since Oct...this has been going on for a while. 2 weeks ago a woman was found shot dead in her car in St. Johnsbury..in 2022 a mother and her son were shot in Holland VT..another persons trailer was burned down in Holland. targeted hits..

Mother and son shot Holland VT 2022

Man shot dead Newport VT a woman was shot at the same residence a week before allegedly self inflicted 2023

Woman found shot in car St. Johnsbury VT 2024

2 shooting deaths in 2 days NEK oct 2023

2 bodies found while investigating missing persons in Vermont Oct 2023

Unfortunately it was most likely people she knew and possibly some involved that she didn't. Everyone knows everyone or at the very least knows of each other..They all went to the same high school. Except for the out of staters coming in to deliver the drugs and pick up the cash

She was shot in the head...
This is not the first of the shootings/deaths in the area due to drugs...the police always say the shootings are not related..yet they all involve drugs. The

As of right now they have no suspects even though her phone was found and the home searched of her last known location. They have no suspects yet tell the community "no one is in custody, nor any suspects in the homicide.... believe this is an isolated incident and there is no threat to the community."
There is a huge threat in the community but the police avoid connecting them. Drugs, OD and shootings are rampant in the community. It affects every family there. A brother, a sister, a son, a daughter., a cousin, an uncle .chances are they all have a family member and defintely know someone in addiction...the NEK has about 7 or 8 unsolved murders since Oct...this has been going on for a while. 2 weeks ago a woman was found shot dead in her car in St. Johnsbury..in 2022 a mother and her son were shot in Holland VT..another persons trailer was burned down in Holland. targeted hits..

Mother and son shot Holland VT 2022

Man shot dead Newport VT a woman was shot at the same residence a week before allegedly self inflicted 2023

Woman found shot in car St. Johnsbury VT 2024

2 shooting deaths in 2 days NEK oct 2023

2 bodies found while investigating missing persons in Vermont Oct 2023
I live up that way...it has been totally heartbreaking to see what is happening to small town life in Vermont. Just excruciating. Beneath the deaths is rampant crime as well. Good elderly friends of mine were assaulted and shot at by a tenant. In jail now, but will probably be released too early. I am scared for my friends.

The medical examiner on Wednesday confirmed Wright’s identity and determined she was shot in the head, ruling her death as a homicide.

Investigators searched a home on Route 100 in Troy Wednesday afternoon looking for evidence that could be connected to Wright’s death.
Troopers were searching a home on Route 100 in Troy Wednesday afternoon in connection to...

I live up that way...it has been totally heartbreaking to see what is happening to small town life in Vermont. Just excruciating. Beneath the deaths is rampant crime as well. Good elderly friends of mine were assaulted and shot at by a tenant. In jail now, but will probably be released too early. I am scared for my friends.
I know some that were in that house and/or visiting that house. I have known them since they were in elementary school. Devastating to see what is going on there. I understand your fear for your friends. I still have family living in the area and every day I fear for them.

Bryanna Rooney and Thomas Rooney, of Troy, and another man, Jakiy Tramaine Corey Keith, also known as AB, are facing charges of possessing and conspiring to distribute cocaine base. They made their initial appearance in federal court in Burlington on Thursday.

Investigators have periodically surveyed the couple's property as part of a drug conspiracy investigation, according to the affidavit. It recently became the focus of the missing-person investigation of Wright, the agent wrote. No one has been charged in her killing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gknows
Back