Found Deceased VT - Mary 'Pat' O'Hagan, 78, Sheffield, 10 Sept 2010 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was afraid of this news. It really is very sad when someone lives 78 years, and then is taken from their own home and murdered. Hopefully the sick monster who did this is found soon and brought to justice before he has another chance to prey upon someone else. :furious: MOO

Rest in Peace, Pat :rose:

A local? Whoever did this sure seems to know the area well. "He" didn't take her car, so I guess that would mean he brought his own if he AND Pat both left her residence. She lives on Rt 122 so it looks to me as though he knew being seen at her residence wouldn't be a problem. "He" took her, at some point, and dumped her in an area that, according to the map is "seasonally closed" and it's a back road WAY off the main highway....but there are houses/structures there. It looks like "he's" awfully comfortable in that area to me. I kinda wonder if she knew "him." JMO.

I'm so sad to hear this news, yet I feared it would turn out this way, since they seemed to know early on that there were signs in her home of an abduction. I'm so sorry for Pat's family, and the many in her community who loved her.

Rest in peace, Pat.

So sad -- she was so vibrant and generous! Yet another elderly person who liked to "help others" murdered this way. Lately I've read so many stories of older women who've opened their homes or hearts to people down on their luck, only to have their bank accounts emptied or been murdered. I wonder if that's what happened here?

In any event, it's a good argument for being a selfish old recluse...

Rest in peace, Pat!

She was loved by many...and the eulogy her son wrote sounded so beautiful.....what a tragic loss. RIP Pat.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...1007/Police-update-public-Sheffield-homicide-

Police to update public on Sheffield homicide

To mark the one-year anniversary of the last time Mary "Pat" O’Hagan was seen alive, the Vermont State Police have scheduled a news conference to update the public about the investigation into her killing.

The briefing is scheduled to take place at 2 p.m. Friday at the Sheffield Town Hall. Investigators and relatives of O’Hagan will make statements, police said.

Can't find any report of the press conference today. Anyone see anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back