VT VT - Matthew Houskeeper, 59, last seen getting a haircut, car missing, phone inactive, missed work, Manchester, 14 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Read his Facebook, sounds like a really cool guy who values friendship and family. Has a way with words, I couldn't stop reading his posts. His dad passed away on August 16, 2021. I wonder if that is somehow a catalyst for his absence.

I hope those fishermen explained how they found the kayak. Was it just at the shoreline floating aimlessly or had it been pulled up to the shore to keep it there? MH was a prolific photographer. Did he carry his camera or phone with him all the time? Could he have seen something while kayaking and decided to take some pictures? The fact that the phone is inactive sounds like it's in water.

I hope those fishermen explained how they found the kayak. Was it just at the shoreline floating aimlessly
I've been wondering if the paddles were found too. Kayak paddles almost always float. Along with MH's cell phone, perhaps a water bottle, hat, and perhaps a small cooler for a snack. As best I can tell, there are no amenities nearby the reservoir, so may have even brought a lunch.

They found it on the 15th, so many days were unfortunately lost. A pity they did not alert LE right away.
This also shows how important media are to inform the general public.

100% agree on the importance of getting information to the public quickly.
I am not sure my first thought when randomly finding a kayak would be something dangerous happened. My first thought might be it become unmoored from a dock, tbh, and it floated away.
Agree. Living in a town with multiple bodies of water, unattended watercraft are found a handful of times a year, often after storms. Tends to be people don't secure them correctly. When reported, the police look into the matter, and make public request for the owner of the specific vessel to come forward. The police also ask residents to put identification stickers on the watercraft, so that the police can easily identify the owner of a found watercraft.

IMO, the fisherman who found Matthews kayak probably took the opportunity to score a free item, not thinking it was related to a missing person. I am very glad they came forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611
Back