VT VT - Paula Jean Welden, 18, Glastenbury Mountain, 1 Dec 1946

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping this thread up.

Yes yes... yes. this is a forever 'bump' for me...
It is always eerie when driving the few roads that even exist in Glastonbury... Population: 8 (2018)
And how amazing the influence this case of Paul had here.

so am am adding just a few memories of both Paula and the town of Glastonbury..

I almost bought a house in Glastonbury a couple of years ago... Really happy that didn't happen now! I like living near all the history, but not in it. Too much spooky.

BEWARE: These 50 Strangest Unsolved Mysteries of All Time Are Seriously Spooky!

42. The Disappearance of Paula Jean Welden

"On December 1, 1946, a sophomore at Bennington College, 18-year-old Paula Jean Welden, told her roommate, Elizabeth Parker, she was going for a long walk but failed to return back to the shared space."

The Bennington Evening Banner Mon, Dec 09, 1946, Page 1: "According to Elizabeth Johnson, the missing girl's roommate, Paula had been in their room all morning. Elizabeth was brought to the conference last night and questioned for an hour by the authorities and newsmen.

She stated that it was possible for Paula to have left their room without her knowing it because she was studying with her back turned to Paula."

The article went on stating that Paula was a good hiker and could cover good distances. Paula knew that there were shelters along the Trail and that there were many camps which would offer shelter.

Page 6 states that Rose Michaels, who also has a camp on the Long Trail, while passing the Fay Fuller camp, observed a new late model, dark brown in color with a reddish tinge, sedan there that had been shining a spot light into the woods Sunday night. Sunday afternoon, Dec 1, Elnora France, who lived near the Michaels' camp, saw a similar-described sedan with occupants that included a good-looking blonde. She said the license plate was large and silver with dark numerals.

I believe the Rose Michaels Camp is next to the Fay Fuller camp. The article also lists other witnesses and clues that might interest researchers. A man and woman had been staying at the Fay Fuller Camp that night. I don't know whether they had anything to do with the disappearance of Paula.

A random 1946 Conn license plate, black on silver:

1946 conn license plate.png

Here's a
Bennington Banner Tue, May 02, 1972, Page 6 news article showing the Fay Fuller Camp.

Some history on the Fay Fuller Camp, who built it, when, description, etc.:
The Bennington Evening Banner
Tue, Nov 11, 1930, Page 1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member