VT VT - Roberta Martin, 82, neigh went to check on her and didn't find her at home, suspicious, Enosburgh, Franklin County, 16 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, that post tells me he’s almost certainly the guy (coupled with him already wanted for questioning and what he was caught doing). Innocent people don’t generally make suicidal threats in a situation like this.

This guy’s life seems to revolve around marijuana, and it doesn’t seem like he’ all there to begin with.
What caught my eye was, “Detectives encountered Martell at approximately 12:00 PM, on a public path in a wooded area between the St. Albans Town Educational Center and the 55+ community located on Gricebrook Road. As detectives approached Martell they observed him masturbating”
Did he have an obsession for older women? Was this path frequented by seniors?

Initially I suspected this was a robbery gone wrong, but now I'm wondering if perhaps there was a sexual component based on what officers observed him doing.

My thoughts exactly. I do hope we're wrong. I can't imagine losing a family member to violent crime, but her age and what was done to her make it so much worse.

I believe this is likely the guy, but I will always allow some skepticism until we know more. Clearly DM is a troubled young man and needs help. And, yes his behavior is bad. It would be easy to pin this on him since he clearly has mental health issues and he was next door. I am going to stick with 'presumed innocent' (or rather I am not presuming he is guilty) for now.
It is difficult to overlook his proximity to the crime and his recent lewd behavior though. I would really like to know what LE knows regarding how Ms. Martin was murdered and anything that might have happened to her. Hopefully we will hear more from them soon.

Sending hugs and love to Roberta's family, friends and community. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Initially I suspected this was a robbery gone wrong, but now I'm wondering if perhaps there was a sexual component based on what officers observed him doing.
I did too, I couldn't wrap my head around the ? of, why do this to her if the person was going to rob her. Apparently I didn't allow my mind to go down this disgusting path. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back