Found Deceased VT - Roberta Martin, 82, neigh went to check on her and didn't find her at home, suspicious, Enosburgh, Franklin County, 16 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From your quote:
"He was also ordered not to have any contact with his partner, who is the mother of his children pending the bail review hearing."

Asking the general WS group: Is that a usual thing to be stipulated?
Not to my knowledge. Was she somehow involved or is there a DV history? Curious who all was living next door.

I'm not familiar with people having so many FB accounts. Maybe 1 very public and 1 more private w/family photos or something. Seems odd. This case is so very sad.
Were all the FB active at the same time, or was it one after another over the years? (I am not on FB.)

I'm wondering if starting a new FB account falls under what I saw in @Gabry L's summary upthread - what looks like a recurring theme of wanting to "start over" (and then messing up again).

jmo

It is odd for DM to have so many FB accounts, and I can't make sense of why he has so many. It's not like each one is for a different "side" of him, or to communicate with different people. It's not at all organized like 'one for school, one for family, one for role-playing games, one for work,' or anything like that. He does not seem at all devious, crafty, intelligent, or calculating.

It's possible that he clutters up ten different public accounts with junk to hide talk of criminal matters in other accounts that he keeps locked down, who knows... But it seems to me that he just hops from one account to the next in a chaotic way. Sometimes he seems to get blocked by an ex and then creates a new account to publicly send messages to her. At least once, he apparently started a new account because he couldn't remember his previous username or password.

He doesn't seem to have much self-insight or a filter. He blathers on all kinds of personal stuff most people would be embarrassed to be saying publicly. In fact, when he was being held on lewd and lascivious conduct charges, and we were waiting to see if the murder charge would follow, I had a tiny bit of doubt because it seemed unlikely to me that he could manage to keep his mouth shut on FB if he'd committed a murder. He can't seem to think a thought, eat a meal, or have a conversation without posting about it on FB! He can't help telling on himself. And then he sort of did, finally, posting a not-so-cryptic post about how he was going to unalive himself so the police couldn't frame him. Obviously, he didn't follow through, because he's in custody.

Were all the FB active at the same time, or was it one after another over the years? (I am not on FB.)

I'm wondering if starting a new FB account falls under what I saw in @Gabry L's summary upthread - what looks like a recurring theme of wanting to "start over" (and then messing up again).

jmo

That's a good point! Your post inspired me to organize the info a little better. The FB accounts weren't all active at the same time (at least not publicly), and were created one after another. I put them in reverse chronological order here, with the start and end dates for the public posts:

Darren Martell - October 2023 to July 2024

Darren Martell - April 2023

Darreb Martell - August 2022 to March 2023

Darren Martell - March 2022 to June 2022

Darren Martell - December 2021 to January 2022

Darren Martell - September to November 2021

Darren Martell - July 2021

Darren Martell - July 2021

Darren Martell Jr. - May to July 2021

Darren Kaitlins Boo Martell - August 2016 to March 2021

(Edited because I missed one. It's easy to do!

Last edited:
Oh jeez. Our worst fears.

St. Albans man charged with aggravated murder of Enosburgh senior
Police say Martell had been living in a trailer next door to Martin’s home when he broke in, sexually assaulted Martin, killed her, dumped her body in the woods, and tried to dispose of the remains by burning them. Investigators were able to obtain Martell’s DNA from Martin’s body, linking him to the crime.

WCAX cameras captured video of Martell talking with investigators the day after Martin was reported missing and he became an immediate person of interest in the investigation. The affidavit points to a police interview with Martell’s girlfriend, where she told them he was abusive. Others also told police they believed Martell was “for sure capable of killing someone.”

So vile and so depraved. This guy just gives me strong feelings of disgust. I feel my heart hurting for Roberta.

I also can’t help but to think of his 2 kids as well. What a tragedy to have him as a father…

Also, he’s just a year younger than me. A lot of us Gen Z don’t even have Facebook, much less 10+ different accounts. His comment history is like watching a circus (stay away from drugs, kids).

He seems clearly mentally ill. His excessive drug use probably doesn’t help much. I don’t know what exactly went down and why he decided to target Martin, but I hope there was no abuse involved.

Local newspaper, St. Albans Messenger:

Martell charged with aggravated murder; Evidence connects neighbor with 82-year-old’s disappearance
Police found Duct tape at both Martin’s house and near Martell’s residence, as well as a green shopping cart that matched wheel tracks leading away from the house.

According to police, Martell had been living in a camper at the residence just up the road, but subsequent interviews with neighbors and those who knew him revealed he had been exhibiting suspicious behaviors.

Subsequent investigations into his actions also ended up helping police ultimately find Martin. Martell had allegedly used a nearby spot as a place to grow marijuana plants, according to police, and a subsequent search by detectives revealed Martin had been buried at the pull-off spot, located on Sand Hill Road about three quarters of a mile away from her residence.

There is more information in the article...

From your quote:
"He was also ordered not to have any contact with his partner, who is the mother of his children pending the bail review hearing."

Asking the general WS group: Is that a usual thing to be stipulated?

I've never seen that. Maybe she requested it?

Can we express lane him?

I'm devastated for her last minutes and for her loved ones.

Stoner.

JMO

This is so heartbreaking!! Omg, this poor woman :(. And her family members having to picture her last moments.
Cases like this have me hoping and praying that something supernatural - angels or something - happens in moments like this to spare these victims actual pain :(.

What a sick man :(. This can't be his first SA.

RIP, beautiful lady.

jmo

I think it's mostly just dumdums who don't realize how easy it is to reset a password if you know your email password.

(Dumdums not applicable to @MassGuy's great aunt or any other elderly person :) )

Devastating news. What a depraved human he is. It sounds like he carries a lot of rage.

Sending support to Roberta's family, hearing all this. And to her friends and community also. Such shocking (and somehow not shocking) details.

The community is surely breathing a sigh of relief that he's locked up.

MOO.

I've never seen that. Maybe she requested it?

Now that more details have come out, I can agree that might be a possibility. Or LE/the courts put it in place after her statement to them.

Either way, I am glad he cannot communicate with her for her safety and well-being as well as for their children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back