VT - Suspicious deaths in Pawlet under investigation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Very detailed article about the crime scene, amd the suspects behavior and mental health.

Seems like the firearms all came from within the home:
"In a “gun room” adjacent to the bedroom, officers found “one firearm safe and two firearm cabinets and numerous other firearms.” "
My word that was hard to read.

He never should have been staying with his dad. I think it's very telling that his mother didn't want to leave him home alone when she went out of town. He is an adult and so clearly there were major concerns and he hadn't stayed over night at his dads house in years.. likely because he's an adult. His step mom was afraid to be alone with him. His dad worked a job where he was on call and was called out several times leaving his son alone with his wife and step son. Then when the mother was asked if he could do something like this, she said yes and he's proficient with firearms. He had just had a mental breakdown a month ago.

So a few things I noted were he said he went for a walk about 12 Dad is called out just after 12 for a call.. so did he kill his step mom and step brother while his dad was on that call? I don't even want to think about why his step mom was naked. I know some people sleep naked, but I think with an adult son of your husband staying at the house, likely not going to do that. Sheets were off the bed and she's killed and naked on the bed. Then dad is killed downstairs.. so did he kill step mom and step brother and then wait for his dad to return and confront him in the doorway or in the kitchen.. WHAT is up with the chainsaw and the wagon?

What was he trying to do?

I think if we know what time his dad finished that call he went to around midnight then we might have a better idea. If he killed the other 2 just after dad leaves and then dad arrives home at say 2am.. he didn't call police till 345 so was he trying to clean up? Was he trying to stage a murder/suicide so people would think his dad did it while he was off walking?

Decades ago, JeanMarie Oakman served as Brian Crossman’s teacher and principal during her tenure at Wells Village School.
She said Crossman was a “humble, sweet, gentle boy,” the kind of kid who made others feel at home at the small, rural school.
“He looked after all of his cousins and relatives. He was so kind to his sister,” Oakman said, noting that Crossman was part of a large “salt of the Earth” family.
After falling out of touch, she said, she caught up with Crossman at a wedding in recent years, and she “beamed with pride” to see how well he was doing.

“Imagine, he wanted to sit with his old teaching principal,” she recalled. “I remember leaving that wedding thinking, ‘what a remarkable human being’.”

Sooo unbelievable...

1727566062947.png

In a brief court appearance at the Warren County Courthouse, Brian Crossman Jr., 23 of Granville, sat slumped in his chair, his face expressionless as he nodded yes to the judge that he understood his rights, choosing not to fight extradition from New York to Vermont.

The judge set a control date of October 23rd to determine if the transfer to Vermont had occurred.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ickyyyy
Back