WA - 3-year old child overdoses on methamphetamine - May 6, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

When police searched the mother, identified as Summer Justice Ward, they found a plastic bag containing a white powdered substance and foil hidden in her clothing. The powder field tested positive for methamphetamine, the department said.

SMH. It never stops. At least the "mother" probably won't be "mothering" for a while. Hoping the dose of meth didn't permanently hurt the little one. Interesting, to say the least, that the grandmother knew to use Narcan to probably save the little one's life.
Just dammit. <sigh>

SMH. It never stops. At least the "mother" probably won't be "mothering" for a while. Hoping the dose of meth didn't permanently hurt the little one. Interesting, to say the least, that the grandmother knew to use Narcan to probably save the little one's life.
Just dammit. <sigh>
Narcan doesn't work for meth overdoses, only opiod/opiate overdoses. I'm concerned that neither the police department, or the reporter, is aware of that important bit of information. Either the meth had fentanyl in it, or the child just coincidentally responded at the same time the narcan was given imo

Narcan doesn't work for meth overdoses, only opiod/opiate overdoses. I'm concerned that neither the police department, or the reporter, is aware of that important bit of information. Either the meth had fentanyl in it, or the child just coincidentally responded at the same time the narcan was given imo
Thanks for the info re the overdoses, @KooshBall -- I didn't know that. Maybe grandmother somehow knew what to do. Keeping positive thoughts for the 3-year-old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90
Back