GUILTY WA - Amber Coplin, 30, brutally murdered in her Port Orchard home, 3 Nov 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did not know the victim personally as we have close to 1000 employees in Tacoma but according to the Facebook linked above she was a coworker. Praying for her family and friends that justice is served. I feel sick to my stomach that he would not only murder her in cold blood but would brag about it online.

Amber's sister Patti posted on her FB that Kalac is now on Washington's 'Most Wanted' list.
LE has pretty much confirmed that the pictures on 4chan are legitimate. Which we knew already, but that puts any doubts to rest.

Amber's sister Patti posted on her FB that Kalac is now on Washington's 'Most Wanted' list.
LE has pretty much confirmed that the pictures on 4chan are legitimate. Which we knew already, but that puts any doubts to rest.

:sigh: Wish they were fake.

Can I ask what photos? I have not see any links about photos? Or have I missed something? [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the first time 4chan has had issues with stuff like this as well as child *advertiser censored*. Amazed that site is still around

And not sure how the charges are second degree? This screams pre-medititation

Can I ask what photos? I have not see any links about photos? Or have I missed something? [emoji20]

David Kalac (allegedly) strangled Amber Coplin to death two days ago. At around 2:54PM, Kalac posted three images of Amber's body to 4chan, a very popular message board. You can read the text from that thread in post #2. Basically, he was showing off what he did and saying he was leaving the body there for Amber's 13-year-old son to find. And the poor kid did find her when he got home at 3:30.

The pictures are fairly easy to find, but I highly highly HIGHLY recommend you do not look at them if you are squeamish or have kids in the room. I'm rarely bothered by postmortem images ... but IMO there's something especially jarring and haunting about these, and I'm not going to be ''un-seeing'' them for a while. I think it's knowing that someone apparently hated this woman so much that he not only killed her, but posted pictures of her body online to further degrade her (and show off his 'handiwork') and then topped it off by leaving it for the poor kid to find when he got home from school.

David Kalac (allegedly) strangled Amber Coplin to death two days ago. At around 2:54PM, Kalac posted three images of Amber's body to 4chan, a very popular message board. You can read the text from that thread in post #2. Basically, he was showing off what he did and saying he was leaving the body there for Amber's 13-year-old son to find. And the poor kid did find her when he got home at 3:30.

The pictures are fairly easy to find, but I highly highly HIGHLY recommend you do not look at them if you are squeamish or have kids in the room. I'm rarely bothered by postmortem images ... but IMO there's something especially jarring and haunting about these, and I'm not going to be ''un-seeing'' them for a while. I think it's knowing that someone apparently hated this woman so much that he not only killed her, but posted pictures of her body online to further degrade her (and show off his 'handiwork') and then topped it off by leaving it for the poor kid to find when he got home from school.

Yep, I think the pictures are particularly disturbing because he was showing off what he did. Posting the photos on the net was part of the thrill for him and by viewing them you kind of feel like you're almost complicit in the crime. And that's a very jarring feeling.

So, it would seem his "suicide by cop" plans never came to fruition. Apparently, he turned himself in.

I hope they find a way to upgrade those charges. 2nd degree hardly seems to be enough.

How horrible! I hope her poor family don't see those horrible pics [emoji20]

Well he's in custody. Since suicide by cop fell through I'm hoping shanked in prison will be his next news blurb. :thumbup:

The evolution of technology is a beautiful thing, but the downside here is it enables sick people to be even sicker. Those photos basically went viral before police and family even knew, now not only are they preserved by the internet they will forever be etched in the mind of her poor teenage son who found her.

It's bad enough to kill someone but to totally desecrate them like this...no one deserves that. I feel terrible for the family.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like charges could be upgraded to "aggravated first degree" at some point, which includes premeditation, at least from what I am finding. Even that carries a max of 45 years? Not sure, very confusing. Jmo

Hopefully he'll also be facing more charges regarding the theft of the victim's vehicle, evading arrest, dangerous driving and hopefully a charge regarding the pictures he posted online. I'm not too "in the know" about US laws but I'm hoping this will be the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho
Back