WA WA - Bellevue, bones found in wooded area, been there for several years, May '22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
BELLEVUE, WA — Bones discovered in a wetlands area of Bellevue prompted a large police response Wednesday morning, and investigators said an initial review suggested they were human remains.

The police department said a city maintenance employee called to report the bones just after 8:30 a.m. while working in a wooded area located near the 500 block of 150th Place Northeast. Detectives and officers responded to the call and said the bones appeared to have been there for several years.

Police called in the medical examiner and a state anthropologist to help determine if the bones were from a human or animal, and a police presence remained in the area into the afternoon. In a brief update, police officials said an anthropologist who reviewed photos of the scene believed the bones were, in fact, human. A full investigation into the discovery is underway.

bvue-1___18183803032.jpg

Now on NamUs as #UP100033

ME/C Case Number 22-1496
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White/Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years) 27-61
Estimated Year of Death --
Estimated PMI --
Height 5' 7"-6' 1"(67-73 inches), Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found May 18, 2022
NamUs Case Created February 7, 2023
ME/C QA Reviewed --
Location Found Map
Location Bellevue, Washington 98007
County King County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) --
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found during a sanctioned brush cleaning of a swampy area in Bellevue. The decedent was partially submerged in vegetation and held in deep saturated mud.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

Clothing
Long-sleeved sweatshirt with "WELLS BEACH"
Sweatpants
Fruit of the Loom underwear
Socks x2

Now on NamUs as #UP100033

ME/C Case Number 22-1496
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White/Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years) 27-61
Estimated Year of Death --
Estimated PMI --
Height 5' 7"-6' 1"(67-73 inches), Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found May 18, 2022
NamUs Case Created February 7, 2023
ME/C QA Reviewed --
Location Found Map
Location Bellevue, Washington 98007
County King County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) --
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found during a sanctioned brush cleaning of a swampy area in Bellevue. The decedent was partially submerged in vegetation and held in deep saturated mud.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

Clothing
Long-sleeved sweatshirt with "WELLS BEACH"
Sweatpants
Fruit of the Loom underwear
Socks x2
Added July 19, 2023
UP100033 crop.jpg

Sorry, I'm not following. Can you explain how that relates to this case?
The unidentified person was wearing a Long-sleeved sweatshirt with "WELLS BEACH" according to NAMUS. Post #3 in this thread has that information; I copied the phrasing above. That suggests he may have visited that area. It may also be a possibility that he's from or lived in Southern Maine. BBM

The unidentified person was wearing a Long-sleeved sweatshirt with "WELLS BEACH" according to NAMUS. Post #3 in this thread has that information; I copied the phrasing above. That suggests he may have visited that area. It may also be a possibility that he's from or lived in Southern Maine. BBM

Got it, thank you! Maine is quite a distance from Washington.

There is also the beach at Point Wells, roughly 30 minutes north of Bellevue. I don't know if it's ever been referred to or marketed as Wells Beach, but there's an interesting Shoreline city council memorandum available from 2023 that describes it as a remote but well-known nude beach that's been around for over a century. The same memo also links to a 2001 print editorial alleging that gays were unwelcome there at the time. Collectively, it's not much, but the proximity to the Doe and unusual circumstances seemed worth mentioning. Someone local to the area may know more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back