WA Wa - Brittany Marie Walker, 19, Tacoma, 11 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DDK1979

Reaction score
TACOMA, Wash. – Tacoma police are asking for help finding a 20-year-old woman who hasn’t been definitively seen in over a year.

The last confirmed sighting of Brittany Walker was April 2, 2017 at the Jack in the Box in Fife, and her last post on social media was two days later. She was reported missing Sept. 20.

There have been reports she was spotted recently in West Seattle near the Westwood Village Target store, and there have also been possible sightings in Tacoma in the S. Hosmer St. area.

Police said she has substance abuse issues, and that while there’s no confirmed foul play, “it has been suggested” that it’s a possibility.

Walker is 5-foot-4 and 125 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair.

If you know where she might be, call either 911 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS, or submit a tip using the P3 Tips app on your phone.

Brittany Marie Walker – The Charley Project

Mom of missing woman hopes billboard will help bring daughter home

Tacoma police asking for help finding woman who’s been missing for a year

Brittany was last seen by her mother on April 2, 2017 in Tacoma, WA. Brittany lived with a roommate in White Center area of Seattle. She often stayed with her boyfriend for several days at a time. Brittany video chatted with a friend on April 11th 2017. She was with an unknown man. The friend never saw this man, only heard him yelling in the background. Brittany's boyfriend told family and friends he has filed a missing persons report several days after the 11th. When family contacted Seattle Police Department to follow up, they were told they had no record of a missing person report filed. Neither did King County Sheriff. Brittany's family filed a missing person report with Tacoma PD in September of 2017 since Tacoma was the last place they had physically seen her.

Last edited by a moderator:
My hat is off to you for your effort in starting the process of searching for her. I really commend you.

I’ve got a couple questions; for me some of the info in the news articles you linked conflict a bit. And, not a lot of solid leads to grasp ahold of;

-Regardless of her having a roommate, friends, social media friends, and even a boyfriend who claimed he filed a police report.
—-Was there a reason her immediate family did not question her disappearance and not contact the police until 5 months after they last saw her?
Especially with no text messaging, no social media activity, no word of mouth. No contact with anyone. She has been gone along time. I hope the info becomes more clear as the search moves forward.
Never give up hope!

Brittany had left with her boyfriend to California once before and didn't tell anyone for some weeks. It was not uncommon for her to not contact family for a few weeks. She was an adult and she spent a great deal of time with her friends. Her family was not immediately aware she had not been seen or heard from by anyone for some time.
When her best friend/roommate was asking questions and realized a lot of stories did not add up, she became concerned and contacted Brittany's family.

April 2, is the last day she was seen by anyone in person. She video chatted with a friend on April 11th. No one knows where she was when she did that chat. It wasn't at her house. I called the detective to clarify what was on the MP report and he says the missing date is April 11
Hi DDK,
I'm curious if you have a personal connection to Brittany, or if the information you're sharing has all been published in mainstream media?

Hi DDK,
I'm curious if you have a personal connection to Brittany, or if the information you're sharing has all been published in mainstream media?

I don't know Brittany. Her mother contacted me last week and asked me to help her get attention drawn to the case as she is desperate for answers. I have spoken to the mother, sister, best friend/roommate and detective to gather as much info as possible.
The detective had little info outside of the report. I've shared with him everything the family and friend have told me. A lot of that he said he had never heard. Hoping he will be looking into some of the oddities in this story.

I have been thinking of one option I might use so I checked with the Washington State Court Records. I found 1 Court appearance on April 6, 2017 in Fife Municipal, another on September 25, 2017 in Fircrest Municipal, and another on September 29, 2017 in Tacoma Municipal. If your local to the area you can walk in and get copies of the hearings and what address she gave to the Court. These Cities are all located short distances from each other.
https://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.namelist

Attachments

• 39CFB455-5042-482C-8853-3F51D1DA3E18.png
    39CFB455-5042-482C-8853-3F51D1DA3E18.png
    374.9 KB · Views: 20
Substance abuse huh ? Well in my opinion this most likely pans out into a couple scenarios. First ( and I guess best ) scenario is that she’s on some kind of drugs road trip . What I mean by that is that she got totally hooked in the weeks leading up to her last confirmed siting and is now just traveling around getting high or whatever with some new poetentially dangerous “ friends “ . Second scenario is similar in the sense that it’s almost exactly the same except she OD’D somewhere and is now dead . Probably in a run down area . Third scenario is that she had some kind of unspecified drug debt to one person but more likely to a group of people . As a result of this debt not being paid
they kill her and dump her somewhere . Now this is all conjecture regarding her relation with drugs , but if the drugs are the key to this then I think I’m in the ballpark. Would like some more info on her “ habits “ .

How is the Brittany Marie Walker case coming along? Have you been able to get more attention from any investigation team or media coverage? I’ve been looking but haven’t seen anything. Just checking.

How is the Brittany Marie Walker case coming along? Have you been able to get more attention from any investigation team or media coverage? I’ve been looking but haven’t seen anything. Just checking.

I've been in touch with her Aunt who is the woman who had custody of Brittany since she was two. She gave me a little more insight into the situation. Also I have been in contact with a local PI that is working on her case pro bono and she seems really motivated to dig into this.
There is a reporter at one of our local news stations that has agreed to to do 3 segments on 3 different missing girls in the area and I hope Brittany's story get in. There are a lot of missing girls around here so this being an older case, and the lifestyle makes it tough.

So far, I'm really encouraging the family to contact detectives daily and just stay in contact with him so he knows they are concerned and motivated to get answers. It's tricky sharing her story because right now all the details are just hearsay and gossip amongst friends. I'm not sure how much effort LE will put into digging but, I'm feeling confident with the PI.

Thank you for the update! I am glad you were able to get a PI involved. Really in my own experience that’s the only way I’d go. Especially since the case is older. But regardless that’s a good move!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back