WA WA - Bryce Herda, 6, Neah Bay, 9 April 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

HayLouise

Law Student
Reaction score
Re-creating a thread for Bryce Herda, the only one I could find had one post and was closed:

NCMEC: 803140

Bryce Herda

NCMC803140c1.jpg

Missing Since - Apr 9, 1995
Missing From - Neah Bay, WA
DOB - Jul 24, 1988
Age Now - 30
Sex - Male
Race - Am. Ind.
Hair Color - Sandy
Eye Color - Brown
Height - 4'0"
Weight - 60 lbs

Age Progressed:

NCMC803140e1.jpg

Bryce's photo is shown age-progressed to 19 years.

He was last seen hiking on the beach at the Makah Indian Reservation on the Olympic Coast of Washington.

He has a scar to the right of his forehead at an angle in the hairline, a freckle on his right temple, and a tan colored birthmark on the back of his upper leg.

Bryce was last seen wearing a white T-shirt, green pants, white socks, and red and black Power Ranger shoes with a lightening bolt on the side.

Have you seen this child? BRYCE HERDA

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6171

Bryce Florian Herda, Male, American Indian / Alaska Native

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Details of Disappearance:

Bryce was hiking with his family on Shi Shi Beach Trail at the Makah Indian Reservation on April 9, 1995. The reservation is located near Neah Bay on Washington's Olympic Coast.

Bryce was last seen when his family began walking up a trail to exit the beach. He was unable to follow them up the slope, so they agreed to meet him at the beach. He never showed up and has never been seen again.

Bryce's grandfather was chief of police in the area at the time he disappeared. An extensive search by the Coast Guard, divers, and tracker dogs failed to locate Bryce. Some footprints were found, but they seemed to go on for awhile, then stop, then start again. No further evidence was ever located. There are several trails to the beach besides the Shi Shi Trail. One, the Ozette Trail, leads to a homeless community.

Bryce's parents believe he was abducted, but police think he may have been swept out to sea and drowned. There is no evidence to support these or any other theories. Bryce remains missing and his case is unsolved.

Bryce Florian Herda – The Charley Project

Sounds like a rogue wave. I wonder if any marine science or weather science experts were consulted about this particular area of the beach. What was the weather before, during and after the hike? What is the seabed like right off the coast? Was the homeless camp area inspected thoroughly? Were the known homeless persons interviewed? Interesting that only the parents believe he was abducted.

Bumping up thread for Bryce.
This case is so incredibly sad.

By the way, I found that his page on Doe Network makes the events clearer.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bryce disappeared after a picnic with family members at Shi Shi Beach on April 9. He became separated from the group of eight children and one adult.
He was last seen hiking on the beach at the Makah Indian Reservation on the Olympic Coast of Washington. Bryce and family members were on the beach attempting to go up a cliff using a rope. He was not able to follow his family up a slope, so they agreed he would meet them on the beach. He never showed up.

The Doe Network: Case File 1168DMWA

[QUOTE = "PayrollNerd, post: 15134728, member: 217286"] Al leer sobre este sendero, noté que recomiendan una tabla de mareas y se requiere un pase para ingresar a la reserva.

¿En 1995 se requería este pase? Eso ciertamente reduciría el grupo de sospechas.

Me pregunto si ese día temprano en la tarde, la marea estaba subiendo o bajando.

Hike Shi Shi Beach to Point of Arches on Olympic Coast[/QUOTE]
I am from Chile and I have never seen a beach like this so beautiful, it hurts that this little one got lost there

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back