Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scenario 2
Because the POI list starts with the people closest to the victim and moves outward, after the family is removed from the list, the next people who would have seen her consistently would be the people who live on the street where she parked. Maybe some sort of confrontation, with one of the people living on that street, occurred after Cheryl parked that morning and it escalated.
I have been commuting to Seattle for 30 years. As the Seattle area grows I see more and more hostility on the streets by drivers but also by people walking and riding bikes. There seems to be a real power struggle going on between these three modes of transportation.
I am sure people do not like having tons of cars show up every day to park on their street. I would be really curious to know the backgrounds of everyone on that street as well as any reports of problems on that street with commuters and the people who live there. I also think canvassing that area by police doing knock and talks would possibly be beneficial.

Scenario 3
From what little I know of abduction cases, it seems like the abductor is often someone who has watched the person for a while. Someone in an apartment complex or neighbor. In Cheryl’s case, someone in that neighborhood, someone with a pickup, car or van. Or someone who was visiting someone along that street at that time...a relative of someone who lived on that street. I would be doing knock and talks along that street and side streets.

I have mentioned using bloodhounds and I don't know if LE have exhausted that idea or not, or if it is even a good idea. I remember a documentary where a bloodhound tracked a car carrying an abducted person all the way down a freeway. I would think it would be interesting to go over every inch of that whole block/neighborhood with dogs that are adept at tracking scent. If there is nothing found, it would lend credence to the idea she was taken by someone in the street. Of course, if she parked their regularly, maybe dogs would just reveal past paths she traveled.

I think the toxicology report is to rule out Cheryl being under the influence of something that would have created a scenario where she is wandering in a confused/drugged state in that area and ended up falling into the culvert or being hit by a car and thrown into the culvert.

RSBM.

Up until this post I have not considered someone who lives in that neighborhood. Maybe someone was outside, asked to use her phone, turned it off, then forced her by gunpoint into their home/vehicle. Or she for some reason went willingly into their home or vehicle. In this case, her body was disposed of after dark that night.

I don't understand why anyone thinks it's reasonable to believe that someone like Cheryl would commit suicide in a drainage ditch. That's seems absurd to me. If anyone is suicidal, surely they would want the last memory to be something better than 2 feet of dirty water running under an busy intersection.

I agree that some suicidal people choose water as a last memory, but doesn't that water involve rivers or oceans rather than drainage ditches?

BBM.

Best memory for whom? Suicidal people are quite often filled with self loathing. If that were the case, a drainage ditch would not surprise me for Cheryl or anyone else. Getting the job done before anyone finds you is the goal.

I only know a handful of people who have committed suicide, but none of them chose a locale that was "special" to them.

When I first started reading about this case, I was one who thought suicide. Then when she was found and finding out the location, I changed my mind.

I think when people choose a river, they choose it because of the swift current, they're deeper and they're more difficult to get out of. Ever been in a pool under water for too long? You start to panic and do everything in your power to get to the top for air. If you're in a river, you can't necessarily do that easily. In a drainage ditch that's only a couple feet deep, it would be easy to come up for air when your body and brain are telling you to breathe.

I also don't believe she took pills and then walked all the way there to drown herself. Sadly, I have had the experience of dealing with my child trying to overdose twice. The first was Motrin and the second was a combination of her antidepressant and anxiety med. Both times she started vomiting within a half hour of taking them and that continued for hours anytime she moved, even after receiving fluids through IV. Plus, if she'd taken a prescription drug, her family would be able to tell if a large amount were missing. I suppose there is always the chance she bought some illegally, but I just don't see CD as one who would break the law.

When I first started reading about this case, I was one who thought suicide. Then when she was found and finding out the location, I changed my mind.

I think when people choose a river, they choose it because of the swift current, they're deeper and they're more difficult to get out of. Ever been in a pool under water for too long? You start to panic and do everything in your power to get to the top for air. If you're in a river, you can't necessarily do that easily. In a drainage ditch that's only a couple feet deep, it would be easy to come up for air when your body and brain are telling you to breathe.

I also don't believe she took pills and then walked all the way there to drown herself. Sadly, I have had the experience of dealing with my child trying to overdose twice. The first was Motrin and the second was a combination of her antidepressant and anxiety med. Both times she started vomiting within a half hour of taking them and that continued for hours anytime she moved, even after receiving fluids through IV. Plus, if she'd taken a prescription drug, her family would be able to tell if a large amount were missing. I suppose there is always the chance she bought some illegally, but I just don't see CD as one who would break the law.

Not if she kept them in her missing purse.

I'm sorry you have experienced that twice with your daughter :(.

In case folks are looking for it, beginning in thread #3, on 3/4/2016 at post #916 and on, you will see comments from Stryker57, a verified family member. Some of the inquiries here can be addressed by reading his comments.

She might say "probably" if she had not yet decided.

I think it's a reasonable assertion, that her decision to drive/not drive would have been made when she returned from fetching her badge at home:

1) Heavy traffic, she'd catch the bus and "probably" ride home with her carpool;

2) Heavy traffic, she'd catch a ride with someone else (either another carpool situation, OR perhaps she knew of someone else driving into Seattle) and "probably" ride home with her carpool;

3) Light traffic, she'd drive herself to/from work

IMHO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Agree. It was a fluid situation. Sounds like she was keeping her options open.

Stryker57 is a verified family member. He spoke about this, not sure exactly where. He joined this forum at thread #3 on 3/3/2016, comment #916. You can also see his comments at his profile.

Snipped. How can they tell? Curious because this comes up in lots of cases.

Because even when your cell phone is turned off it is still active. Data is sent to the tower in the process of powering it down. Data to the tower is cut-off when the battery is pulled out of it.

laptop? wedding ring?

The only jewelry/accessories I have seen CD wearing was an occasional necklace. It doesn't appear that her or her husband wore wedding rings.

CD did wear glasses, though, and I'm curious if those were found yet. And if so; where.

why would the carpool person be concerned with losing their spot if most members are there by that time and cheryl was running late? maybe carpool driver had all carpoolers in car besides cheryl and they could just go on to work after picking cheryl up. not saying i suspect carpool driver at all..

If I'm not mistaken (and Stryker57 can chime in here); the carpool driver worked with Cheryl.

I don't think the carpool driver would care if they lost their spot so much as they waited until they were almost late to work, so they went on ahead like Cheryl asked them to do.

And agreed - you can really catch up a lot if you read through Stryker57's comments via his profile. (Very grateful to him for all of his input.)

RSBM:

And agreed - you can really catch up a lot if you read through Stryker57's comments via his profile. (Very grateful to him for all of his input.)

I agree....we are very fortunate to have Stryker joining us here, as difficult & heart-wrenching as it must be for him. Stryker, you have more friends here than you will ever know......all wishing you well and sending prayers to you, your dad and to your mom in heaven.

I so agree, that would be me. I would hate to inconvenience anyone and I would definitely have said, "just go without me, I'll see you at work".

and this is just another reason why I thought suicide was near impossible , why get ready for work, take out food for dinner, get dressed leave ,park your car and then say F -it and jump in a culvert? No way Jose women usually take pills, if she was suicidial I would think she would call in sick stay home and take pills or whatever...

BBM.

Best memory for whom? Suicidal people are quite often filled with self loathing. If that were the case, a drainage ditch would not surprise me for Cheryl or anyone else. Getting the job done before anyone finds you is the goal.

I only know a handful of people who have committed suicide, but none of them chose a locale that was "special" to them.

I have not known someone who committed suicide, so my knowledge of this mental illness is purely academic. Having said that, Cheryl did not suffer from mental illness. The "suicide theory" seems to spawn from an inability to understand how she ended up in a drainage ditch, rather than a coherent set of facts that imply that suicide is a likely explanation for her death.

I have not known someone who committed suicide, so my knowledge of this mental illness is purely academic. Having said that, Cheryl did not suffer from mental illness. The "suicide theory" seems to spawn from an inability to understand how she ended up in a drainage ditch, rather than a coherent set of facts that imply that suicide is a likely explanation for her death.

That is how I see it
Family knows cause and mechanism
They don't know manner
It seems that whatever ended Cheryl's life, could have happened in more than one way

in the presser prickard said she traveled on gravel path, so no

And then later the media said She May Have…., not that she did.

So, again, is it interpretation and semantics of what one would think she would do, if she were on her way(walking) to the park and ride area? I haven't read anywhere that she was actually seen walking on that gravel path.
If she were to walk from where her car was parked, it is then thought about well she would have to walk through that gravel path to get to the park and ride, or walk around that park. Short cut is to walk on the gravel path.

IMOO.

One more scenario, thanks to Eileen730.
Cheryl gets out of her car, and soon realizes she forgot her badge. She texts her friend and her cell phone battery dies.
She then decides, much like I do, to change her mind and probably thinks that she can get into work without a badge because they know her. She now cannot contact her carpooling friend, she walks over to the park and ride but gets on the wrong bus. She realizes this too late and ends up getting off at the bus stop near the culvert. Maybe to catch a bus back...( I don't know the bus schedules or routes).
She is either attacked there or she is hit by a car and is thrown into the culvert.

Here are the local bus schedules
http://www.soundtransit.org/
and
https://communitytransit.org/

Thw "wrong bus theory is highly unlikely IMO. It would be virtually impossible for an experienced commuter to get mixed up.

At that park and ride, you catch the bus to Seattle takkng a walkway to a platform between the northbound and southbound lanes of I-5. Only commuter buses stop there. The local that goes within 8 blocks of the culvert doesn't stop there.

Also, the two types of buses look very different. The local is almost a "short bus." In fact, I think they are even operated by different companies: Sound Transit for the commuter bus and Community Transit for the local. CT runs commuter buses too, but I don't think they stop at the MLT freeway stop.

why would elizabeth pham (who committed suicide in washington state) decide to leave her car with the keys inside at a rest stop, walk with no shoes in her pjs to a truck stop, ask for a ride, go into a restaurant, and later decide to commit suicide by going into the river after being at an underpass? people who are upset do things randomly, with what seems like not a lot of logic to others. sometimes **** just hits the fan and they say theyre done. if you have a mental illness on top of it, it can make you do what seems like irrational things.

I know you're right about the irrationality in these situations. But wasn't Elizabeth known to have some mental health issues previously? Can't recall for sure. Cheryl apparently didn't. But I was thinking mainly about the convoluted way Cheryl would likely have had to reach the culvert under her own power. If she had planned suicide, I just can't imagine it playing out this way. There were other easier spots for her to get to.

It was probably fairly easy for Elizabeth to get into the river, and perhaps she hoped to be swept away. That makes a kind of sense to me. The culvert - ugh.

I know anything is possible but this scenario just doesn't add up for me. IMO of course

Thw "wrong bus theory is highly unlikely IMO. It would be virtually impossible for an experienced commuter to get mixed up.

At that park and ride, you catch the bus to Seattle takkng a walkway to a platform between the northbound and southbound lanes of I-5. Only commuter buses stop there. The local that goes within 8 blocks of the culvert doesn't stop there.

Also, the two types of buses look very different. The local is almost a "short bus." In fact, I think they are even operated by different companies: Sound Transit for the commuter bus and Community Transit for the local. CT runs commuter buses too, but I don't think they stop at the MLT freeway stop.
279f96ee7ce65031e45e1fa390349b9c.jpg

1) This is platform Stripehaven speaks of.

40de2844cff8dee4492b6c1abeab5b4f.jpg

2) View of platform connected to parking structure

177a1e5f3173855cd70d0fcf23c71056.jpg

3) Close up of parking structure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors