Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, in other suicide cases, does the person chuck their phone? I know each case is different, but wondering about the stats on this, or other cases...

whats the explanation for her own blood being found in the same area?

I read somewhere that she just adopted a cat. Maybe she used this car to transport the new cat home and maybe the cat was stressed out from the car ride and bit or scratched her on the fingers and she bled on the seats. If so, there would probably be a mixture of human blood from the scratches and cat saliva, both of which contain DNA. If this is the case, then the blood has nothing to do with her disappearance at all

Animal blood...possibly taunting LE by perp?

(I really hate to speculate on all this stuff when LE says suicide, the worst would be to create something that is not, but one must wonder....)

Question, in other suicide cases, does the person chuck their phone? I know each case is different, but wondering about the stats on this, or other cases...
google has been my friend today. :blushing:
I just haven't decided WHICH statistical article to post , Yet....

I read somewhere that she just adopted a cat. Maybe she used this car to transport the new cat home and maybe the cat was stressed out from the car ride and scratched her on the fingers and she bled on the seats. If so, there would probably be a mixture of human blood from the scratches and cat saliva, both of which contain DNA. If this is the case, then the blood has nothing to do with her disappearance at all

Stryker said the blood was fresh. I doubt someone would leave blood on their seat for 2 days after getting a cat, or that it wouldn't be dry by then.

If this is suicide, maybe she cut her fingers to get blood out of them to plant, but didn't get enough/wasn't coming fast enough so she used her back-up plan, a vial of blood. Did she have access to vials of blood from work?

Stryker57, do you know if LE has subpoenaed your mom's medical records?

Different location, and consistent with cuts on her hands. When I mention hands two fingers were cut. The cuts were on opposite hands.

Sorry if this has been answered already, how deep were the cuts, how long, and where exactly on the fingers? I'm still not understanding this self inflicted theory by LE with the cuts...

Was Cheryl taking any medications?(again sorry of already answered.)

The "Lab" should be able to tell exactly what type of animal that blood came from. But, of course the police have to request the testing of such.
SMH

I wonder if the cat Stryker57 mentioned (the one CD just adopted that weekend) came from a shelter or personal ad, friend, etc.? Not that it's related in any way but maybe the person lured her with an animal and was semi-known. I thought the blood was old so I originally suggested it may have come from hunting but after re-reading - it sounds like the blood could ave been fresh.

Being that there are probably zero experts about animal blood on this board, I don't think these are silly questions at all!

Strangely enough, I am sort of an expert on animal blood. I worked for many years as a veterinary technician at a veterinary emergency hospital and I can tell you that if this was bird or fish blood (i.e. from chicken or fish bought at the grocery store), the ME would know that immediately by looking at a smear of the blood under a microscope because birds and fish have nucleated red blood cells and mammals do not. If this blood came from a non-human mammal, it would be difficult to determine the species without a DNA test.

Stryker said the blood was fresh. I doubt someone would leave blood on their seat for 2 days after getting a cat, or that it wouldn't be dry by then.

If this is suicide, maybe she cut her fingers to get blood out of them to plant, but didn't get enough/wasn't coming fast enough so she used her back-up plan, a vial of blood. Did she have access to vials of blood from work?

Stryker also said his parents transport their pets in carriers, not loose in the car, and that there was no blood on the carrier.

I read somewhere that she just adopted a cat. Maybe she used this car to transport the new cat home and maybe the cat was stressed out from the car ride and bit or scratched her on the fingers and she bled on the seats. If so, there would probably be a mixture of human blood from the scratches and cat saliva, both of which contain DNA. If this is the case, then the blood has nothing to do with her disappearance at all

I feel that the blood may not be relevant as well and maybe be causing unnecessary distraction. I wish at least one piece of her personal items is found. What would be the purpose of someone keeping the car/house keys? I would think these would have remained on CD or be quickly discarded. If CD did not carry a purse, did she typically put them in her pocket could they have fallen in the culvert?

This might be silly but did they do any animal testing at the place CD worked? The blood made me think about those animal rights activists that like to throw animal blood at people.

If someone picked up her phone and changed out the card, would anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member