Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still of the opinion its someone she knows.
Wouldn't the bag have fingerprints?
I am so very much in agreement with you.
This was extremely personal and they wanted her to suffer.
I also am now 70/30 on it being a woman perp.

Sharing what Mountlake Terrace police Commander stated today:

Investigators will continue to look for answers, Mountlake Terrace Police Cmdr. Doug Hansen said Monday afternoon.
“They just don’t know,” Hansen said. “They aren’t able to say how her death occurred.”
That lack of certainty is difficult for everyone, from investigators to loved ones.
“It leaves a lot of unanswered questions for the family,” he said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160321/NEWS01/160329796

This is all I can find about what the police have said regarding the Medical Examiner's report.

I wish we could create a list of "Absolutely Known Facts."

I thought perhaps she was left for dead with the bag tied around her head and when she was put in the culvert then she drowned.. wouldn't her hands have be tied?

If she was unconscious, she wouldn't have been able to remove the bag.

Sorry to post so much - really, I just keep finding these pieces...

Now, WHAT???

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2937413/M...-died-of-drowning-had-plastic-bag-on-her-head

I don't want to keep posting just to agree, but this is what is bothering me most! I just read this quote, and what?!

There is "nothing to suggest" it is homicide?!

And does that mean they're saying they have nothing & unless the tox screen & phone/pc records come back with some new & conclusive evidence, they're at a standstill?

Hi folks. I've just been reading so far but now..OMGoodness. What kind of ? would do this to another person? I have been thinking that she parked her car, got distracted and someone opened her passenger door to rob her. Nobody gets out of a scuffle without injuries, even the winner. She may have hurt her fingers fighting for her purse (straps). What was in it? If she was armed they may have just taken it during the scuffle and ordered her into their own auto. She may have fought all the way and I hope she did some damage. Oh that poor woman. Gosh.

Now, WHAT???

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2937413/M...-died-of-drowning-had-plastic-bag-on-her-head

I just read that in the article, catching up, and am scrolling to see if anyone else read that.

WHAT now??!?

Edited to add the quote which disappeared from the quote box: "“At this point in the investigation, there is nothing to suggest DeBoer’s death was the result of an act of homicidal violence,” Police Chief Greg Wilson said in the statement."

{{{Cheryl}}}}

What terrible, terrible news. So very sad. My prayers are with her family and friends. May whoever did this be found soon.

Now, WHAT???

""At this point in the investigation, there is nothing to suggest DeBoer's death was the result of an act of homicidal violence," Police Chief Greg Wilson said Monday."

That suggests to me that although police have been investigating this as a homicide, the alternate theory is that she contacted her friend about the badge, deliberately powered down the phone after telling the friend it would take 10 minutes to collect the badge, cut her fingers, put blood on the passenger seat and interior passenger door, and then she started walking to Lyon Creek. After walking 1.6 miles, she put a plastic bag over her head, and lay down in the shallow water near the entrance to the culvert. Her body traveled to the other end of the culvert, where she was found a week later.

There's something absurd about this theory.

It's homicide, and they can't admit it. She disappeared too close to their PD Department.

That suggests to me that although police have been investigating this as a homicide, the alternate theory is that she contacted her friend about the badge, deliberately powered down the phone after telling the friend it would take 10 minutes to collect the badge, cut her fingers, put blood on the passenger seat and interior passenger door, and then she started walking to Lyon Creek. After walking 1.6 miles, she put a plastic bag over her head, and lay down in the shallow water near the entrance to the culvert. Her body traveled to the other end of the culvert, where she was found a week later.
I agree with this fully except...why bother driving nearby to the transit center at all? If she wanted to commit suicide outside of her home, then why not just leave and drive to the place where she was going to do it?

<modsnip>I was on 58th every morning after she went missing. Very low traffic volume until about 8 when the carpool lot filled up.

I agree with this fully except...why bother driving nearby to the transit center at all? If she wanted to commit suicide outside of her home, then why not just leave and drive to the place where she was going to do it?

I can see how police would look at this as an alternate theory, but I don't really believe it. It leaves her carpool friend hanging (wait 10 minutes, or leave?), which is not nice. Someone should have seen a woman walking along the road at that time of day, but we haven't heard of any witnesses who saw that. I could understand choosing a fast moving river for drowning, but not a drainage ditch. It would require that Cheryl was depressed about something in her life. It seems farfetched to me, but only those close to Cheryl would know whether this seems logical.

I mentioned a month ago that they could be waiting on the tox reports, because an exit bag could have been used:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12382282

We still don't know everything that was found at the scene of the body. What if this was a suicide and she used the exit bag method, and they recovered a helium or other inert gas tank at the scene?

To everyone saying, why a culvert, why this time/place, remember that suicidal people are not thinking rationally. Not saying that what happened, but to dismiss it is premature.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Meth head and his buddy, superbowl sunday.. drinking, partying evolves into doing dope. Driving around in a van. Early morning, out of money and dope. Spent the last few hours parked in the park and ride. Desperate for more. Hatch a hazy plan to rob someone. Drive around 58th. See CD standing in the road, next to the car testing. Pull up, door slides open, try to grab the purse, she comes with it in the van. Everyone's, freaked out CD and perp. She keels over. Panic ensues. Driver drives. First available spot, on the corner of 205th and Cedar. Pulls over, door slides open, body rolled into the culver. Van drives off to I-5. Enough sense to not use the cards or phone since there is an assault (at least). CD incapacitated in the culvert, drowns. ME trying to figure out if heart caused the drowning or drowning cause the heart.

Meth heads watch Super Bowl? Plausible?

Ugh, Stryker, don't read this post; I hate typing it. But I can't understand. Is it more effective to take someone's life by fighting to get a plastic bag over their head and holding it there, vs mannual strangulation?? Or would it be strangulation at the same time, in which case why bother with the bag? Perhaps if the victim were first rendered unconscious. I am struggling with this new information. Dear Cheryl. What horror you experienced. I am so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71