DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1127c8b941b0cefa9fc8a328073c2d3d.jpg
f7709aab08370e204be3bbebd6b79429.jpg
d2286dbe13ebedae0d0544dc36f004ac.jpg
6f795a2afff364301b22b91a51655c25.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Please note: 2nd photo from top is taken on west side of culvert. On north side of culvert, I knelt down and held camera to capture where water flows, after it travels under Cedar Way (east to west), then curving under 205th (south bound).

I guess MLT LE only declares a death to be a murder if they are called to a bloody scene and find a victim with wounds that could not possibly have been self-inflicted. Gosh, that must really bug them because they have to do some real police work. Otherwise, they are all "we dunno so we will call it undetermined and close this investigation".

If you want to get away with murder, take your victim to MLT, wrap their head in a bag and drop them in a culvert. LE will be befuddled and give up on the investigation in a few short weeks.

I am infuriated and feel so sorry for Mrs. DeBoer's family.

They haven't given up, per Stryker's previous post.

Please note: 2nd photo from top is taken on west side of culvert. On north side of culvert, I knelt down and held camera to capture where water flows, after it travels under Cedar Way (east to west), then curving under 205th (south bound).

Being from West Texas, it's dry, blowing dirt & sand everywhere & not many trees unless they're in someone's yards. I love all that pretty green grassy area, seems even more green than it previously did.
I know it's a culvert & all, but I could see how this could be a peaceful place, to me anyway, well unless there was a bunch of traffic, then probably not so peaceful.
Btw I don't buy the suicide theory.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

This photo, was taken on north west side of culvert. Camera held down to capture west-east view under culvert.

1fad34faee22876abfa8b21b25516fe6.jpg

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I had thought about the menopause/mood swings thing.

Can I ask you if you can make any sense of putting animal blood on a car seat before a suicide? It seems to me that if Cheryl was brilliant enough to make her death so mysterious and convoluted that a suicide wouldn't be obvious and might even be murder, she'd be smart enough to realize that animal blood would quickly be identified as not human and wouldn't support the murder theory. If she put that blood there purposefully, why not just use her own blood? Her body was full of it!

This animal blood REALLY has me perplexed. As does the missing personal belongings, although those wouldn't be hard to throw in 3 separate areas on a walk to the culvert.

Thank you for your kind words, TTF!

Again, speaking for myself and myself only, the use of animal blood as a red herring of sorts makes sense. For me, it would serve two purposes:

1. It would buy me time. Being found too soon, thus not being able to complete suicide and possibly becoming an even bigger burden to my family (e.g., if I were to be left with a severe brain injury due to a prolonged lack of oxygen and couldn't take care of myself) has always been my worst fear. I would assume that if I were to be absent from work without an explanation, someone would start looking for me eventually. If my car were to be found early in the search process with blood visible to the naked eye, I would also assume that the "ruse" would at least create a degree of confusion, likely causing a delay.

2. It would make suicide appear less likely. I realize that the blood would be determined as being of non-human origin fairly easily, but the possibility would still exist (again, for the sake of my daughter, in particular, since I would not want to set a "bad example" for her in my mind) that those investigating the case would conclude that the blood had come from poorly-packaged meat, fish, etc., and thus the evidence was not relevant to determining the manner of death.

I would be extremely careful as to the disposal of personal items such as wallet, car keys and phone, so as to ensure that they would not end up in the hands of a criminal and possibly creating a major headache for my family. I have always locked my car doors, so that is one thing I might still do just out of habit.

So she walked to this specific place, put a bag over her head, sat in the cold rushing water and waited for death?

Jmo but again, I think LE is doing everything they can, but they can't find evidence of a perp, or of a crime, if none exists. Maybe I have been on WS too long but there have been suicides in recent years that seemed so unlikely, many could not believe it. Three I can think of, but I only remember first names, Leann, and two Jennifers. LE sounds to be looking at every possible angle to me. I do not believe a murder was committed but that is my opinion only, in part because a person almost always leaves some clues, in part the lack of defense wounds or signs of struggle. Also, the putting off of the co-worker. It seems too coincidental that she texted/called (?) about not having her badge. LE does not consider (imo) calling a death a suicide the easy way out. They often receive much more criticism and disbelief than if they say any other manner of death. As is happening here. And they are still investigating. So how are they taking the easy way out, as many seem to imply?
Jmo

We need Joypath to read this case. Maybe she can convince me that this was a suicide?????

Also, OT, but watching a show now where the victim was not found for five months, yet LE could determine how she died and even that she had been sexually assaulted. So it seems like any injuries or bruising should have been visible. Jmo

c95ae63b1d796ad82d829e79a9b46fd1.jpg

Mountlake Terrace monument on east side of culvert.

db54d9b711279368026c23025c2d4791.jpg

Side view of monument and surrounding area. It's marshy, doesnt look so much like a vehicle can park here without getting stuck. Anyone who's been here, comments please.

226468798f215f161457c9263b4d559a.jpg

Left side of monument

c09910d51e30c4177dd40706f2b2b90b.jpg

Southeast side of culvert.

07654e0c5d54c48d10ede065f05ce5ec.jpg

Eastside of culvert, facing north on Cedar Way.

If the blood is found to be deer or elk, mixed with Cheryl's blood, it could have come from a thawed steak or roast from their own freezer, since she and her husband hunted. Which suggests someone put it there, since it's unlikely an injured deer or elk was in the car. But who? This is so weird. I feel so badly for Cheryl, whatever happened.
Perhaps the prepped dinner before she left that morning?

I am SO P***** off for the family. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Stryker57 I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind,

Did your mom ever take frequent walks, and if so was the area of the culvert one she would have walked by, to, around?

Regarding the "bag", because I live in Portland, I know of the green re-usable bags that are required in downtown Portland and
its kind of a fad (for lack of a better word) in the county I live in. Was the "bag" true plastic or of the re-usable type?

I 100% believe you and your family need to seek outside help. Ex: private investigator etc.

I am just beside myself for you and your family. This is beyond words. THIS WAS A HOMICIDE BY A PROFESSIONAL, MOO!

Can you elaborate on why you feel this was professional?

Someone posted earlier that they thought a woman could have murdered Cheryl. I read an article that stated that female killers use the least minimal contact to commit the crime and use the asphyxiation method. When you have a set routine each day, that can make a person a easy target for a crime, such as this case.

If Cheryl left her window down overnight, an animal could get inside.
Perhaps she and unknown animal had a tussle which caused her to be distracted/vulnerable?

I find it really odd that her son said she wouldn't lock her car at home, but the police found her car "locked and secured" ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've thought about this case all day after reading last night that there was nothing to indicate a homicide.

Could it be we have a murderer that has outsmarted the police department? He's smart enough to wear gloves to leave no DNA, Cheryl was apprehended outside her car and the perp walked Cheryl to the culvert. To passing commuters, they would look like a couple out for a morning walk, raising no questions.

Several items that came up in my mind:

I thought Stryker57 said his mother did not lock her car doors. However the car doors were locked when hubby found Cheryl's car. Why?

Did Cheryl carry a personal laptop with her? If so, was it recovered?

Stryler57, are you a tech whiz who knows how to go into the depths of the computer
To recover things that are deleted? You found nothing on what she had been searching for? She had to search this subject somewhere to carry it out if that proves to be the case.

These hand cuts that are discussed, were they deep enough to cause severe damage? I am a bit confused as to the thinking that cutting ones fingers would be successful in a suicide attempt. Why did the blood not drip and leave a trail as Cheryl walked, if she indeed got to the culvert that way?

The way I see it, there are just as many troubling factors pointing to murder as LE claims point to suicide. Go with your gut instinct, it won't lead you astray! I don't see suicide, it was murder.

I find it really odd that her son said she wouldn't lock her car at home, but the police found her car "locked and secured" ...

I thought the same thing. Things just don't add up! IMO

I don't always lock my car when it is at home in my driveway. But I always lock it when I am out somewhere, like a huge parking lot, and am leaving it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14