Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stryker explained upthread that searching the culvert was a result of the search party very methodically expanding the search area and that there was nothing fishy about it. (I too had wondered if "someone" had offered a tip, or moved the search there with a purpose. But no.)

ETA: deleting irrelevant paragraph

If any person, not even someone looking for her, or anything at all, just a person who wanted to peak inside the culvert, from the front that week, (not go exploring)...would they have been able to see "a body"...or just a plastic bag, that you wouldn't know was covering a head? and the body was under water? Was any arm, or foot exposed? Was anything visible from the front? If any part of the bag could be seen, would that just appear like it was a discarded plastic bag, nothing eye catching?

Good question. The water was described as 2-3 feet deep. Possible nothing much was visible at all until you were right there. Hmmm.

If u google how to make yourself pass out I am wondering if this could be how she fell over in the water.
What if Cheryl was upset and crying after walking around for a bit sees the culvert and enters. She dosent want to be found and maybe its raining.
they say if your in a kneeling position and breathing hard then go to stand up you pass out. I remember doing this as a kid.... As someone said maybe she did put the bag over her head because of the rain.

If this is the case its an accident.
She hyperventilated and passed out into the water and drowned.

Food for thought

Stryker explained upthread that searching the culvert was a result of the search party very methodically expanding the search area and that there was nothing fishy about it. (I too had wondered if "someone" had offered a tip, or moved the search there with a purpose. But no.)

If anyone had walked over by that culvert that week wouldn't there have been an odor?

What time did she take her lunch break at work? I hope not the precise time of 12:30? Restaurant plastic bag on head, at 12:30?

I'm beginning to think this was a tragic accident.

If anyone had walked over by that culvert that week wouldn't there have been an odor?

Except there was a plastic bad loosely secured over her head. What was securing it? We don't know. But I have a hard time thinking of how it could have been secured accidentally. Also there was the razor blade in her pocket and cuts on her fingers, her blood in the car (plus the animal blood). It seems like a very strange set of circumstances if they are unrelated to her death. Also weird for her to have chosen to enter that culvert if she didn't intend to take her life or was not forced by someone. I'm still thinking suicide or homicide.

It practically invites you over, once you take notice of it. So, everyone could have seen it all together at the same time...

Except there was a plastic bad loosely secured over her head. What was securing it? We don't know. But I have a hard time thinking of how it could have been secured accidentally. Also there was the razor blade in her pocket and cuts on her fingers, her blood in the car (plus the animal blood). It seems like a very strange set of circumstances if they are unrelated to her death. Also weird for her to have chosen to enter that culvert if she didn't intend to take her life or was not forced by someone. I'm still thinking suicide or homicide.

Hey I totally think suicide not murder and that culvert sure seemed a great place to hide if u didn't want to be found.

But if she tied that bag under her chin to keep her from the rain.
and hyperventilated from crying or breathing hard.
Fell in the culvert

IMO this could be suicide or accident!

If u google how to make yourself pass out I am wondering if this could be how she fell over in the water.
What if Cheryl was upset and crying after walking around for a bit sees the culvert and enters. She dosent want to be found and maybe its raining.
they say if your in a kneeling position and breathing hard then go to stand up you pass out. I remember doing this as a kid.... As someone said maybe she did put the bag over her head because of the rain.

If this is the case its an accident.
She hyperventilated and passed out into the water and drowned.

Food for thought

I was wondering if a person could have an episode like a stroke perhaps that would explain this bizarre set of circumstances and lead to her death unintentionally ???

Thanks for saying this better than I did. I show and breed cats. Some people hate me for it. People have been known to go to cat shows and poison cats. There are many extremist Animal Rights groups just as there are extremists in everything. Yes they hunt for food and my personal view is that I'd rather see and animal grow in freedom and provide food than in a horrible crowded situation. But again. There are extremes in everything. It was just a thought. I'm still trying to process that this has really happened. It still feels surreal.

I so remember hearing that story at a cat show in Temple Texas, I was shocked people who claim to care about animals think it better for them to die and slow horrific death via antifreeze then live a life going to cat shows. I bought a Ragdoll cat and loved him for 15 years. We didnt show him but he would have been A-Oaky with it if we did, he was so laid back, a typical ragdoll.

That was another weird case wasn't it?
Thing is though, she also had 4 blows to the head, they say she was rendered unconscious first.

WOW I didnt know about the head injuries how did they explain that away ? This is the upside down naked out the balcony with a weird phrase written on a door case isnt it ?

Hey I totally think suicide not murder and that culvert sure seemed a great place to hide if u didn't want to be found.

Fell in the culvert

It wasn't raining on Feb 8.

weather__.jpg

Fell in the culvert

I know a few people have mentioned the idea of Cheryl possibly putting a plastic restaurant bag over her head to protect her head/hair from the rain. I am wondering if this is something people do in the south or if it happens in the country? I have lived in cities all over the west coast and in Seattle for nearly 15 years (plus short times in NYC and Paris) and I have never seen a person tie a plastic bag over their head that I can recall. In Seattle we generally wear raincoats with hoods during the rainy months. Otherwise even the fussiest (Cheryl doesn't appear fussy) don't pay much mind to drizzle. Hair be damned.

That said, I just googled plastic bag tied over head and a pic did pop up of a woman who looked like she was protecting her 'do with a white bag, so I guess it happens. It looked ridiculous. (There was also a joke pic of a cat with a plastic bag protecting its head. If we weren't talking about a tragic case, I would share it because it was pretty funny looking.)

I was wondering if a person could have an episode like a stroke perhaps that would explain this bizarre set of circumstances and lead to her death unintentionally ???

A stroke would probably have shown up on the autopsy.

(edit) but other medical events may not show up

I guess I'm lost.....what is the 12:30 significance?

She was found at about 12:30, with a plastic bag from a restaurant she frequented on her head. Some people suggested it could have been a place she ate lunch at during some workdays. I was just thinking how I really hope she didn't take her lunches at 12:30.

:-/ (this is not supposed to be a joke..just how bizarre things are with this case)

If any person, not even someone looking for her, or anything at all, just a person who wanted to peak inside the culvert, from the front that week, (not go exploring)...would they have been able to see "a body"...or just a plastic bag, that you wouldn't know was covering a head? and the body was under water? Was any arm, or foot exposed? Was anything visible from the front? If any part of the bag could be seen, would that just appear like it was a discarded plastic bag, nothing eye catching?

If the body was floating, and the person was using a flashlight or waited for their eyes to adjust to the darkness of the culvert, she would have been seen. But also someone said she was found on the NW side of the culvert (or maybe they meant NW side of intersection?) -- it is possible that when LE/SAR searched she was fully inside it and over time the current moved her out. Without knowing the exact location of the body, difficult to know how visible she was at any given time. As I said, that's why I always carry a powerful flashlight during day searches.

There is a good question in all of this though - how long was she wandering around? Did she go directly to the creek/culvert? Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024