Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lady Cheryl got her cat from stated that Cheryl had waited to pick the cat up until recently as she didn't want the cat to be alone while they were gone. Not exact words.

Do we know anything about this trip/vacation Cheryl took recently? How long was she gone? Where did she go? Was it a trip with her husband?

When did Cheryl get back from this trip?

With her just picking the cat up, is it safe to assume she had only returned a few days prior to the pick up of the cat?
If so, what happened on that trip??!!

This trip has not been discussed, it may not be anything. But then it could be everything! Something has bothered me from day 1 of Cheryl missing. It is like there is a major piece of this puzzle missing. JMO.

Below is the post from the lady Cheryl got her new cat from. I copied and pasted it as it was in a closed thread. Figured one of you would ask for a link.

I am new here. Cheryl got her kitty from me on Friday night. This is her third kitty from me in about ten years. She and her husband work magic with kitties that need lots of love and patience. Her first kitty died of old age in September and she contacted me and asked if I would be willing to hold this kitty until February. She had a vacation planned in January and wanted to be sure she would be home long term to help him acclimate. This is how I know it's not a suicide. Why wait months for a cat and then kill herself?
I picked up the cat on Wednesday after she was taken and he was his normal happy self and not traumatized or injured in any way. Her son carried him out to the living room and he was completely calm. This is a ten year old cat who is very sensitive.
Also she was an avid hunter and carried a 357. If she was going to kill herself that would be a much better way. This was not a suicide.
Also the cats I raise are raised on raw meat from the butcher shop down the road. It's a custom blend. Maybe she was trying some different foods. I saw both cats and neither had any injuries nor did they seem traumatized at all."

Her glasses were folded.

Every picture I have seen of Cheryl, she is wearing glasses.

Does anyone know if she wore her glasses always?
I have seen one picture of Cheryl standing outside with her husband where she was not wearing glasses. Not sure if I can link it because it was a Facebook post.

The lady Cheryl got her cat from stated that Cheryl had waited to pick the cat up until recently as she didn't want the cat to be alone while they were gone. Not exact words.

Do we know anything about this trip/vacation Cheryl took recently? How long was she gone? Where did she go? Was it a trip with her husband?

When did Cheryl get back from this trip?

With her just picking the cat up, is it safe to assume she had only returned a few days prior to the pick up of the cat?
If so, what happened on that trip??!!

This trip has not been discussed, it may not be anything. But then it could be everything! Something has bothered me from day 1 of Cheryl missing. It is like there is a major piece of this puzzle missing. JMO.
She went to Bermuda with her husband and son, not sure if the son's daughter went with (but I assume so.) She would have gotten back the week prior to the Monday she disappeared. I don't know if I can link to the source because it's on Facebook. But Stryker would be able to confirm this.

If anything leaving the blood in the car (animal blood + her own from cuts not at the time known to be self inflicted) completely changes the search. LE is less likely to do an immediate search with SAR (it isn't clear how safe the immediate scene is, given the blood) and also changes the search parameters/probabilities.

In my opinion, the animal blood, and possibly CD's blood were an attempt to stage the scene to make it look like she'd been abducted or was in distress. I think you can also argue that just disappearing completely and leaving no trace makes it even harder to locate her (because we may think she is fine and it was a deliberate decision to just walk off), but if someone is committing suicide not all the choices are rational one.

We got a LOT of cases that are deliberate "dropping out of contact". At the point we locate the person (and that's more LE than SAR, typically) the case is closed providing we are sure they are an adult, healthy and the choice to "run away" is their own. I know I'm arguing against myself a bit here, but I'm trying to give some context. Finding the blood makes it a more urgent search, but will definitely change the scope and nature of the search to some degree.

I would think leaving blood in the car would make the search much more active. Its something like 95% of missing person cases - the person turns up fairly quickly. If she had been missing without the blood, I think her husband and LE would think that she must have gone to work but for some reason didn't actually go in and would return and wouldn't get serious about a search until the next day.

I'm curious about what you come up with in terms of numerology. From 7AM Feb 8 to 12:30 Feb 14 is 125.5 hours.

Well I have 144 from 7.02 Monday, to Sunday. Then 6.5 hours from 7.02 on Sunday to 12:30..so 150-151?

For those who believe the animal blood was staged - when/how was this done in you opinion? She was a hunter so I was wondering if family knows if she was unaccounted for on Sunday. Arranging blood in the car, to me indicates planning and if she planned her death then I can't reconcile why she wouldn't have a preconceived excuse for the driver of the carpool versus risking running into them. Why walk to the culvert instead of driving further away where it could have taken much longer to find her? The conflict I have is that I can't fathom she would plan this elaborate smokescreen but limit herself to the transit area because it was walkable to the culvert.

All I know for sure is I want this blood tester's job. They've been out of town for how long now?? :angel::D

Would be nice to know if we're talking 'meat juice' or squirrel blood or what. Not that I think it would clear up much, but who knows!

For those who believe the animal blood was staged - when/how was this done in you opinion? She was a hunter so I was wondering if family knows if she was unaccounted for on Sunday. Arranging blood in the car, to me indicates planning and if she planned her death then I can't reconcile why she wouldn't have a preconceived excuse for the driver of the carpool versus risking running into them. Why walk to the culvert instead of driving further away where it could have taken much longer to find her? The conflict I have is that I can't fathom she would plan this elaborate smokescreen but limit herself to the transit area because it was walkable to the culvert.

Yeah, and use some thin used bag to boot!

Well I have 144 from 7.02 Monday, to Sunday. Then 6.5 hours from 7.02 on Sunday to 12:30..so 150-151?

Maybe I'm doing funny arithmetic.

24 hours Feb 8-9
24 hours Feb 9-10
24 hours Feb 10-11
24 hours Feb 11-12
24 hours Feb 12-13
24 hours Feb 13-14 at 7 AM
5.5hours 7AM - 12:30

24x6= 144
Add 5.5 hours =149.5

I do have a degree in math, but it doesn't help me with arithmetic.

Does that work? ... 149.5?

24 hours Feb 8-9
24 hours Feb 9-10
24 hours Feb 10-11
24 hours Feb 11-12
24 hours Feb 12-13

24x6= 144
Add 5.5 hours =149.5

I'm guessing it could just be rounded up to 150? She was seen at home before 7?

The distance of 1.5 miles bothers me.

Even looking at your layout. It starts n order starting with the text.

:stop:

The rudeness and talking about other posters needs to stop now. If you have an issue, alert the post or scroll and roll. The ignore feature can be your BF.

Thanks!

What is the distance from her home to 244th for those who remember?

What is the distance from her home to 244th for those who remember?

It depends on the route. I mapped one route at 1.5 miles, and the other at 1.58 miles.

Actually, that distance is car to culvert. Her home address should not be put on a forum, in my humble opinion.

I would think leaving blood in the car would make the search much more active. Its something like 95% of missing person cases - the person turns up fairly quickly. If she had been missing without the blood, I think her husband and LE would think that she must have gone to work but for some reason didn't actually go in and would return and wouldn't get serious about a search until the next day.

If her phone had been turned off (and the exigent phone search can determine that quickly) the search would still have been active. This whole "missing 24 hours" thing that people talk about is bunk (at least in WA). Unexplained/concerned family is enough cause to do the phone search -- but a medical condition would certainly add some urgency. The blood is something that (outside of a car crash) would cause LE to *possibly* not deploy SAR resources, if they thought it was some kind of active homicide deal. So, more urgency, but perhaps fewer resources.

It depends on the route. I mapped one route at 1.5 miles, and the other at 1.58 miles.

Actually, that distance is car to culvert. Her home address should not be put on a forum, in my humble opinion.

What about her home to her work?

I just did from the ParknRide and that is 11.5.

I'm wondering if it's 12 from her home?

24 hours Feb 8-9
24 hours Feb 9-10
24 hours Feb 10-11
24 hours Feb 11-12
24 hours Feb 12-13

24x6= 144
Add 5.5 hours =149.5

Exactly my calculation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads