Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cheryl DeBoer case update: Additional electronic devices were delivered to the Everett Police Department Computer Forensics for processing. There was no update from the Washington State Crime Lab in regards to crime scene evidence and reports. The Snohomish County Medical Examiner is still waiting for results from tissue tests. A Mountlake Terrace Police Officer, who
has been on limited duty, has worked through the majority of the computers and has transitioned into viewing remaining surveillance footage acquired from Community Transit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So still nothing on the "animal" blood testing?

Additional electronic devices..cell phones, computers? Interesting

Not related but under car prowls....from same report......I found it interesting.....

..."While the responding offices processed the vehicles for evidence, they identified what appeared to be blood evidence inside the vehicles. Using appropriate equipment and procedures consistent with handling genetic evidence the samples were collected. The samples were sent to the Washington State Crime Lab for processing, but were initially rejected. After realizing the number of crimes perpetrated, the Washington State Crime Lab agreed to move forward with testing."
After realizing the number of crimes perpetrated, the Washington State Crime Lab agreed to move forward with testing. On 4/18/2016, the tests indicated a positive CODIS match of a known career criminal who was on active probation with four felonies and a vehicle prowl. The same suspect was later arrested by Mountlake Terrace Police Detectives with the assistance of a probation officer. A warrant was also served for confirmation of DNA via swabs. Upon arrest and advising him of his Miranda Rights, the suspect admitted to the crimes. Ultimately the cases listed were able to be closed with a clearance of an arrest rather than remaining inactive.

Not related but under car prowls....from same report......I found it interesting.....

..."While the responding offices processed the vehicles for evidence, they identified what appeared to be blood evidence inside the vehicles. Using appropriate equipment and procedures consistent with handling genetic evidence the samples were collected. The samples were sent to the Washington State Crime Lab for processing, but were initially rejected. After realizing the number of crimes perpetrated, the Washington State Crime Lab agreed to move forward with testing."
After realizing the number of crimes perpetrated, the Washington State Crime Lab agreed to move forward with testing. On 4/18/2016, the tests indicated a positive CODIS match of a known career criminal who was on active probation with four felonies and a vehicle prowl. The same suspect was later arrested by Mountlake Terrace Police Detectives with the assistance of a probation officer. A warrant was also served for confirmation of DNA via swabs. Upon arrest and advising him of his Miranda Rights, the suspect admitted to the crimes. Ultimately the cases listed were able to be closed with a clearance of an arrest rather than remaining inactive.

Wait...what? This cannot be a coincidence.

So was this known career criminal's blood in Cheryl's car or just other random cars that have been broken into recently??

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Yeah... I'd like to know more about the blood found in the other vehicles. Was it a puddle or a couple of drops/smears? I sure hope they checked what kind of blood it was... nice of them to mention that. :poke:

I assume it was his human blood since there was a match to him on CODIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So still nothing on the "animal" blood testing?

Additional electronic devices..cell phones, computers? Interesting

What the heck?!?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Me too. Weird for sure, but I doubt the prowler/felon leaving his blood behind in vehicles he prowled is related to animal blood being found in Cheryl's car. But good to know that LE has his blood identified so that, in the case they found unfamiliar human blood in Cheryl's car (that sure would be news to us) they would be able to rule him out.

Right but I still hope they check the 'mixed animal' blood for traces of this guy's blood. Just so they can say they did it and no match.

I just can't imagine a criminal purposely leaving his blood behind. I think it's more likely he was bleeding from an injury or illness and that's why there was blood everywhere. The animal blood is still the weirdest part of Cheryl's case to me.

I just can't imagine a criminal purposely leaving his blood behind. I think it's more likely he was bleeding from an injury or illness and that's why there was blood everywhere. The animal blood is still the weirdest part of Cheryl's case to me.

Agreed. Surprised no results were released yet.

Same here. You'd think someone in MLT LE is sitting there writing about this guy leaving blood in cars (and I'm sure it's not more than some drops/smears from an injury, but still) and thinks "Oh, let's give people an update on the blood in mrs. DeBoer's car, I know there's many of them waiting to hear about it". But no. :shame:

If you ever want to commit crimes and get away with it, do it in Mountlake Terrace, Washington.

You'll die of old age before the test results get back from the lab.

I wonder if the slow results reflect LE's theory that this was suicide - that they are giving the processing of her case lowest priority....?

If you ever want to commit crimes and get away with it, do it in Mountlake Terrace, Washington.

You'll die of old age before the test results get back from the lab.

You know they don't have their own lab, and they're using other shared agency resources like the WSP crime lab in Spokane?

I wonder if the slow results reflect LE's theory that this was suicide - that they are giving the processing of her case lowest priority....?

The lowest priority would be to do nothing. Why do you think it is being given the lowest priority?

We know from their MLT newsletter update there are still 4 things going on:
1. Additional electronic devices were delivered to the Everett Police Department Computer Forensics for processing.
2. There was no update from the Washington State Crime Lab in regards to crime scene evidence and reports.
3. The Snohomish County Medical Examiner is still waiting for results from tissue tests.
4. A Mountlake Terrace Police Officer, who has been on limited duty, has worked through the majority of the computers and has transitioned into viewing remaining surveillance footage acquired from Community Transit.

re 2: it is possible the WSP crime lab has a scoring system, like is there a known suspect at large. TV shows give people the perception that these crime labs deliver instant results. I know we have cases that go over months and years. There are always backlogs at each lab. The situation has to be exceptional to jump the queue (like maybe an abducted child or something). The delay at the FBI lab has improved. I am not sure why they chose the Spokane WSP lab but maybe it isn't as busy as the others. In any event, the MLT PD has no control over how long the WSP lab takes to process the evidence.

re 4 someone on limited duty is someone who is not out on patrol due to medical or some other situation, so they do have time to review the footage and not be interrupted by higher priority calls like 911 calls about assaults etc.

MLT PD has 28 commissioned officers, when you think they have to cover patrol 24 hours, 7 days a week, people on vacation, plus investigations, they are not a big agency. And they have to give priority to 911 calls.

What else do you think they should be doing on this case?

I didn't mean MLT specifically but the other labs - animal blood specifically. I agree there is a priority system for processing, and Cheryl as a suspected suicide is probably far down the list. I don't know why this specific officer or officers are on limited duty but MLT has repeatedly had PO's on limited duty because their misconduct history is so terrible they can't even testify in court. I'm talking numerous officers over a short period. What else can you do with PO's who can't testify in court? LOL!

I didn't mean MLT specifically but the other labs - animal blood specifically. I agree there is a priority system for processing, and Cheryl as a suspected suicide is probably far down the list. I don't know why this specific officer or officers are on limited duty but MLT has repeatedly had PO's on limited duty because their misconduct history is so terrible they can't even testify in court. I'm talking numerous officers over a short period. What else can you do with PO's who can't testify in court? LOL!

I see here on the WSP request form there is checkbox for "rush".
http://www.wsp.wa.gov/forensics/docs/crimelab/request_for_laboratory_examination.pdf

I can't see any reason they need to rush it... no one saw a suspect, there's no evidence anyone else is in danger, there's no identified suspect at risk of flight...
It isn't anything to do with whether they think it is a suicide or not, just the absence of any reason to rush it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back