WA WA - Cristina Ase, 61, Vancouver, 26 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm so very sorry. It's such a tragedy that LE doesn't take this more seriously.
I wish there was a different database of missing persons, especially the ones in the street life where the police refuse to take a report. At least then we could have something ...anything...but since we are not allowed to file, that means it cannot become a post here or really, anywhere.

I'm so very sorry. It's such a tragedy that LE doesn't take this more seriously.
I think the tragedy is in the reality of the person having disappeared. Family and friends are the ones left behind with broken hearts and tears. What they need, maybe, is some type of spiritual support or counselling.

Police officers as individuals may or may not feel things deeply, but on the job they are simply employees, they follow their employer's policy and procedures, as we all do if we work for large bureaucratic/ professional organizations. I'm sure they have general rules about what kinds of cases they investigate, what tools they use, how they invest their resources.

IMO if people in a community want their police to get involved in certain cases, or types of cases, they need to contact their political representatives, because it's about the allocation of money, and that comes from taxpayers.

In Christine's case, there were suspicious circumstances that have been investigated. If there is evidence of criminality, then normal police procedure everywhere is to investigate the leads, to see where they lead. Just because there aren't updates from police means nothing. In particular, it doesn't mean police have simply lost interest and don't care anymore.

JMO

I think the tragedy is in the reality of the person having disappeared. Family and friends are the ones left behind with broken hearts and tears. What they need, maybe, is some type of spiritual support or counselling.

Police officers as individuals may or may not feel things deeply, but on the job they are simply employees, they follow their employer's policy and procedures, as we all do if we work for large bureaucratic/ professional organizations. I'm sure they have general rules about what kinds of cases they investigate, what tools they use, how they invest their resources.

IMO if people in a community want their police to get involved in certain cases, or types of cases, they need to contact their political representatives, because it's about the allocation of money, and that comes from taxpayers.

In Christine's case, there were suspicious circumstances that have been investigated. If there is evidence of criminality, then normal police procedure everywhere is to investigate the leads, to see where they lead. Just because there aren't updates from police means nothing. In particular, it doesn't mean police have simply lost interest and don't care anymore.

JMO

I should have specified that my response was specific to @AislingGray18's BIL, however I do agree with you otherwise. I realize the circumstances of both cases are not related so I will just leave my reply at that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back