WA WA - Eatonville, along Mashel River, WhtFem 15-20, UP5706, clothes, shoes, cigs, Aug'78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm wondering who the seven confirmed rule outs for this UID were.

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female
  • Date of Discovery: August 29, 1978
  • Location of Discovery: Elbe, Pierce County, Washington
  • Estimated Date of Death: 1976 to 1978
  • State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
  • Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 15-20 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Hair Color: Blonde or brown, 13-17" in length.
  • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

• Dentals: Available. Mandible not recovered.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: Blue sweater with pink shoulders and a zipper in front, Pat, On The Back multi-colored striped T-shirt with button front. Colored stripes consist of red, yellow, white, green, two shades of blue, black, and lavender. Blue denim pants, green Sportscaster windbreaker jacket with inside pockets (size Medium), panties (size 7), and blue Trax tennis shoes with white chevron (Size 6).

• Jewelry: Unknown.

• Additional Personal Items: Marlboro cigarette pack.

Case History
Two fishermen found a skull southwest of Eatonville on the north side of Mashell River where it crosses Mt. Highway. Investigators found additional remains and clothing.

Missing persons cases were compared with the unidentified case without success.

It isn't clear what happened to the remains. There is no indication in the Sheriff's Office records and the Coroner's records on the case are missing. The remains and clothing were destroyed on May 10, 1985.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

• Agency Name: Pierce County Sheriff's Office
  • Agency Contact Person: N/A

• Agency Name: Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office
  • Agency Contact Person: Amber Midkiff

• Agency Case Number: 96U0000012; OCA 8241100; ME: 23-306
  • NCIC Case Number: U350023493
  • Former Hot Case Number: 1090
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

I never saw a thread for this Jane doe while researching her so I created this thread. If there is already an existing thread than this can be deleted but I have not seen one.

The dental records are available apparently so we could compare her to other missing persons. Too bad the Jane doe was destroyed.

This could be Andria Ann Bailey who vanished at some point between 1978-1979 in spanaway, pierce county, WA. She was most likely a warren Forrest victim.

I made estimates and I believe that some of the rule outs were other bundy victims like Georgeann Hawkins, Vicki hollar, And Rita jolly. They could have also ruled out warren Forrest victims like Martha Morrison and Laurie partridge.

Andria seems like a close match but they have to get her dental records so they can do a comparison.

I submitted Linda Adams as a possible for this UID, but now I read in this thread about the lack of remains I wonder whether it's a waste of time even trying to pursue this one.
Missing Person Case
WA - WA - Linda Adams, 15, Yakima, 1 June 1978
The dates and locations both line up.
Both women were white.
Age range matches.
Hair matches - long and brown
Height is out by 7 inches but in my opinion the other factors warrant this being looked into especially given the UID's remains were apparently not complete so the height estimation may have been incorrect.

I submitted Linda Adams as a possible for this UID, but now I read in this thread about the lack of remains I wonder whether it's a waste of time even trying to pursue this one.
Missing Person Case
WA - WA - Linda Adams, 15, Yakima, 1 June 1978
The dates and locations both line up.
Both women were white.
Age range matches.
Hair matches - long and brown
Height is out by 7 inches but in my opinion the other factors warrant this being looked into especially given the UID's remains were apparently not complete so the height estimation may have been incorrect.
It isn’t, if Linda has dentals then they can be compared and it will solve her case but the remains won’t be found.

I found this 1998 article about the connection to Donna Manson. It's interesting. But part of me does question if the remains belong to her. Donna was only 5'0" and the remains are stated to be 5'7." Quite a difference, if you ask me. The date of death estimated for the remains is between 1976 and 1978, where Donna probably died in 1974 Bundy also said he cremated Donna's skull and this Jane Doe's cranium was recovered.. Of course, he can't be considered entirely reliable. But at the same time, it leaves the possibility that a set of remains out there with recoverable DNA could be matched to Donna in the future.

Lost skeleton could be that of '74 Bundy victim

I found this 1998 article about the connection to Donna Manson. It's interesting. But part of me does question if the remains belong to her. Donna was only 5'0" and the remains are stated to be 5'7." Quite a difference, if you ask me. The date of death estimated for the remains is between 1976 and 1978, where Donna probably died in 1974 Bundy also said he cremated Donna's skull and this Jane Doe's cranium was recovered.. Of course, he can't be considered entirely reliable. But at the same time, it leaves the possibility that a set of remains out there with recoverable DNA could be matched to Donna in the future.

Lost skeleton could be that of '74 Bundy victim
I’ve seen so many cases now where there are discrepancies around dates, vital stats, etc that I’d never totally disregard any possible match.

@MadMcGoo Hi there....would you be so kind to check the rule outs on this case if you have time? :rolleyes::rolleyes: If there are any that's to say. Thanks upfront.

Mind you, I still believe this could be Cherry Greenman, but there isn't really a good way to check.

Thank you very much @victoriarobinson642 and I totally agree on the Cherry Greenman possibility. I was just updating her treath and tried to find out more. If there isn't anything left of this poor Jane Doe I don't see how they could ever make a match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back