WA WA - GARY RIDGWAY - Green River Serial Killer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if Ridgway could've murdered this girl in 1992 in Tacoma.
1645806-ScreenShot2022-07-22at4_28_22PM.png

Selena Willingham

Selena's death is listed as a suspicious death in Uncovered, though an initial theory was that this was an overdose. IMO, her being wrapped in a blanket matches that.

Selena seems to have gotten into trouble during her life, as she used drugs. There is no word about her being a sex worker.

I wonder if Ridgway could've murdered this girl in 1992 in Tacoma.
1645806-ScreenShot2022-07-22at4_28_22PM.png

Selena Willingham

Selena's death is listed as a suspicious death in Uncovered, though an initial theory was that this was an overdose. IMO, her being wrapped in a blanket matches that.

Selena seems to have gotten into trouble during her life, as she used drugs. There is no word about her being a sex worker.
When I posted this, I meant to say her being wrapped is a blanket doesn't match the initial theory.

There's one area in the timeline where I think GR murdered many more women. He has said that when he began dating his third and final wife, his "kill-rate" slowed down. He began dating her around 1985.

I'm very interested in the period between the last known victim's murder, Cindy Smith in March 1984, and when he began dating his third wife. From what I've read, there was nothing stopping him from killing again, and he didn't have a reason until around 1985, a year later. I'm almost certain there are more victims in that time-period.

Have no idea what this might mean... but something's going on.
Green River Killer Gary Ridgway booked into King County jail

To summarize the article: He's been transferred from Washington State Penitentiary to King County Jail on an "institutional hold". The spokesperson said in a statement that the sheriff's office has continued to investigate potentially related cases, but did not confirm why he was transferred.

9/10/24

SEATTLE — Loved ones of victims killed by Gary Ridgway, also known as the Green River Killer, expressed dismay and concern at the news that he was suddenlytransferred from the Washington State Penitentiary in Walla Walla to the King County jail in Seattle on Monday.

Ridgway, 75, is currently serving 49 consecutive life sentences for murder. King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office spokesperson Casey McNerthney said Ridgway was booked into the King County jail at 10:42 a.m. Monday on an “institutional hold” by the King County Sheriff’s Office.

While confirmed to be housed at the King County jail, the King County Sheriff's Office would not specify why Ridgway was transported across Washington state, marking his first time in Seattle in 21 years.

Did not have this on my bingo card. So strange. Had to reread, as I couldn't believe it.

SEATTLE - Gary Leon Ridgway, known as the Green River Killer, has been booked into the King County Jail, according to the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.

September 9, 2024 6:45pm EDT

I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent identification of Tammie Liles, which confirmed that he did commit murders outside of King County. As a reminder, he agreed to a plea deal that required him to confess and lead investigators to more victims in exchange for the prosecutor not seeking the death penalty. This plea deal only covered crimes committed within King County. Hence he never confessed to the murder of Angela Girdner, which he has always been suspected of, because she was abducted from Oregon.

Angela’s remains were found with some unidentified bones in Oregon (recently proven to be Tammie Liles). Here’s why that’s important — he confessed to killing Tammie, who was abducted from Seattle, years ago and led investigators to SOME of her remains in King County. He would sometimes revisit his victims and try to confuse investigators by taking some of the remaining bones and leaving them at another dump site, which is exactly what he did with some of Tammie’s bones when he left some of them in Oregon next to Angela. When those bones were identified this year as belonging to Tammie, it provided evidence that he did in fact also kill Angela, which he had previously denied.

This means that prosecutors in Oregon COULD choose to pursue the death penalty now. This could also mean that Oregon investigators could now be looking into cases that have yet to be connected to him.

Long story short, I have no idea what any of this has to do with him being transported back to King County, but LE has the power to reopen things since they can now officially tie him to crimes in another state. It certainly appears that something is going on behind the scenes.

On another note, I’m pleased to see he doesn’t appear to be doing well. Check out his booking photo:

Attachments

• IMG_3913.jpeg
    IMG_3913.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 8
On another note, I’m pleased to see he doesn’t appear to be doing well. Check out his booking photo:
Doesn't look unhealthy or unusual for someone in their midseventies. Does look like he's got a pillow behind his head, though, so he's not standing.

MOO

I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent identification of Tammie Liles, which confirmed that he did commit murders outside of King County. As a reminder, he agreed to a plea deal that required him to confess and lead investigators to more victims in exchange for the prosecutor not seeking the death penalty. This plea deal only covered crimes committed within King County. Hence he never confessed to the murder of Angela Girdner, which he has always been suspected of, because she was abducted from Oregon.

Angela’s remains were found with some unidentified bones in Oregon (recently proven to be Tammie Liles). Here’s why that’s important — he confessed to killing Tammie, who was abducted from Seattle, years ago and led investigators to SOME of her remains in King County. He would sometimes revisit his victims and try to confuse investigators by taking some of the remaining bones and leaving them at another dump site, which is exactly what he did with some of Tammie’s bones when he left some of them in Oregon next to Angela. When those bones were identified this year as belonging to Tammie, it provided evidence that he did in fact also kill Angela, which he had previously denied.

This means that prosecutors in Oregon COULD choose to pursue the death penalty now. This could also mean that Oregon investigators could now be looking into cases that have yet to be connected to him.

Long story short, I have no idea what any of this has to do with him being transported back to King County, but LE has the power to reopen things since they can now officially tie him to crimes in another state. It certainly appears that something is going on behind the scenes.
Agreed. Hope another family is able to get some answers about a loved one.

From the fox35orlando article:

In January 2024, the King County Sheriff’s Office announced the identification of the last known remains of Ridgway’s victims, originally known as Bones 20, providing the final piece of resolution for one of the most prolonged and disturbing serial murder cases in U.S. history.

The Department of Corrections oversees Ridgway’s custody. Any new cases involving Ridgway outside of King County could still result in the death penalty if pursued separately from the 2003 agreement.

This is a developing story; check back for updates.

Hoping for charges against Ridgway for the murder of Angela Girdner. It wouldn't make sense to charge him with Tammie's murder legally, as he's been convicted of her murder under Jane Doe B-20.

Hoping for formal charges against Ridgway for the murder of Angela Girdner. It wouldn't make sense to charge him with Tammie's murder legally, as he's been convicted of her murder under Jane Doe B-20.
This is what I hope, too. Her family has waited long enough. She was found in a cluster with other victims. I can't see it being anyone but him that did this to her.

MOO

Another potential theory has been highlighted by Lori Razpotnik's mother, that Ridgway may be helping police find remains of previously missing or unknown victims. As much as I'd like to think that's possible, I doubt it. Ridgway could've done this a long time ago, why do it now?

If Lori's mother's theory turns out to be true, maybe he's now cooperating out of fear of Tammie's identification? He knows the death penalty is looming, so he'd want to help police as much as possible to avoid it. Also, it would make sense to put him in King County for this as it'd be closer to any potential remains. Again, I'd say being charged with Angela's murder is more likely, but it's a possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannonrae102277
Back