WA WA - Heidi Peterson, 4, Seattle, 21 Feb 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You are correct. See the note I just wrote. My Dad and many other Capitol Hill Dads searched the entire area. They divided up all of the overgrown bushy areas near the freeway, around the neighborhood and my Dad’s section was where they ended up finding her nearly a year later. “I combed the entire area - she was NOT there” my Dad said someone put her there much later.
Thank you for the information and bless your Dad for helping. I was a kid in Seattle then too and remember the Heidi kidnapping like everyone.

I was a child when Heidi Peterson was kidnapped living not even a mile away on Capitol Hill. My father and many many area fathers went looking for Heidi down in the Ronoake area. The police divided up the areas near by to search. My father was given a section - his was the area where Heidi’s body would later be discovered nearly a year after her kidnapping. I heard my father say over and over “I combed that area - she was NOT there.” So whoever the crazy nut who said ‘I told them where she was and that’s where they found her a year later’ is full of *advertiser censored*. My Dad - a father of many children was certain that he checked every inch of the area. There was an article in The Capitol Hill Times that had a priest from nearby St. Patrick’s, a Rabi and other faith leaders asking whoever took Heidi to come in and speak with them as they must be in pain. I heard a rumor that someone went in and confessed.
Do you remember if any suspects were mentioned? In Ann Rules “Kiss me Kill me” she said that they had a suspect but ….. and adolescent age boy(s) were questioned and their stories didn’t add up. Etc.
Most likely The killer of Heidi is still out there and someone (or more than one) knows who it is.

Due to the distance between her neighbourhood and the disposal site, I wonder if there is a connection to Lindsey Baum. the cases are 35 years apart, but it is still probable. I always had my suspicions with the Emery brothers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow
Back