GUILTY WA - Jamie Drake, 19, Spokane, 23 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hinebaughs said:
I've never posted before but read websleuths everyday. This video was on our local news channel website this morning. Mom and dad are on the video. I also have a 19 year old daughter and worry (and pray) for her every day.

http://www.krem.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=73573&catId=218
Welcome to websleuths! We look forward to your posts. Thank you so much for the link. There are moments in certain cases where something clicks within me and makes it more personal, and seeing the poor girls car roll into the DNA testing place and knowing she was not in it and probably never will be again really done it for me this time. :(

Welcome to WS. I have a 20 year old daughter out on her own too. When I watched the video of her car rolling back, my goodness, I had to grab my chest and take a breath. I hope they find her soon.

Hinebaughs said:
I've never posted before but read websleuths everyday. This video was on our local news channel website this morning. Mom and dad are on the video. I also have a 19 year old daughter and worry (and pray) for her every day.

http://www.krem.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=73573&catId=218

http://www.kirotv.com/news/9456125/detail.html

This is a sad ending, now that her body has been found how does the thread get moved to the correct forum?

SPOKANE, Wash. -- A body believed to be a missing 19-year-old woman has been located with the help of a man arrested in her disappearance, sheriff's deputies said Friday.

Jamie Lynn Drake of Mead had been missing since last weekend.

Deputies from Spokane and Stevens counties were told by Kevin Wayne Newland, 20, to look beneath the floorboards of a cabin near the town of Addy, the sheriff's offices said in a press release.

Newland, 20, was arrested in King County on Tuesday evening while in possession of Drake's car.

Newland was returned to Spokane on Thursday, and under interrogation, he directed deputies to the cabin, which is reportedly owned by his mother, the press release said.

After Drake was reported missing last Saturday, detectives learned that Newland had been seen driving her car, and also found that someone was using her debit card at various locations throughout the state.

More at link.
Old Broad

I just logged in to see if there was any new news about her. I prayed that she would return home safe. I sit here now numb and in tears and just so confused as to why her life meant so little to him... and jail for the rest of his? for a car? I read her comments on myspace, her friends writing goodbye messages, it's just so horribly sad. My prayers are now for her mom and her family.

Prayers for Jamie,her parents and friends this is just unreal. Why couldn't he just take the d... car. I am glad she was found though.

Such a sad ending. I absolutely can not wrap my mind around the way some people think. My sister lives in Spokane and she had called to tell me they had found her body up at a cabin in Addy, WA. I haven't read the entire thread or the articles but my sis told me he wanted to date her and she didn't want anything to do with him. So this is the answer? He won't be dating anyone other than the ones at WA State Prison in Walla Walla.

She was a beautiful young lady and my heart goes out to her family and friends.

I am so numb right now. The tears will come later when I try to close my eyes im sure. That poor baby and her family! Please keep us updated on this case. So sad

Gidgette said:
Such a sad ending. I absolutely can not wrap my mind around the way some people think. My sister lives in Spokane and she had called to tell me they had found her body up at a cabin in Addy, WA. I haven't read the entire thread or the articles but my sis told me he wanted to date her and she didn't want anything to do with him. So this is the answer? He won't be dating anyone other than the ones at WA State Prison in Walla Walla.

She was a beautiful young lady and my heart goes out to her family and friends.

This has really taken me by surprise for some reason. There is just no excuse for that killer. So now it is "if you won't date me...I'll kill you!" I think it all came down to her car. He probably wanted to drive it and she said "no." Either way I hope he gets the death penalty. Talk about one big stupid azz.
He takes her car and drives it all over hell and creation. Did he think no one would see him! He murders Jamie and puts her under the floor in his mother's cabin. Then he turns right around and tells LE where she is. Now just what did he accomplish by murdering Jamie.....he got to drive her car...OH WOW. And his reward will be either spending the rest of his life in Walla Walla or on death row. My daughter's killer is in Walla Walla. Maybe they can get together and keep each other happy :D

I think that when one person takes the life of another the killer should have to serve the number of years that the victim probably would have lived if the victim isn't an elderly person. Jamie probably would have live until she was in her late 70's or 80's depending on her family history. That seems fair to me.

I am so sorry to hear the news on Jamie. I was just logging in to check on her. Prayers and love.

I wonder why LE want to talk to those 4 people? Do they think that they are somehow involved in Jamie's murder or can they just verify something that the killer said to be true? You would think that if they are fine upstanding citizens that they would have contacted LE and told them they saw the killer that day and that at some point two of them dropped him off at Jamie and her roommates place. It will be interesting to see how they fit in.

Hinebaughs said:
http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_071106_newlandcharged.2e5e2a1.html

Autopsy revealed that Jamie Drake died of suffocation due to homicidal violence, Medical Examiner Sally Aiken reported.

Second degree murder?

That little creep. I hope he ends up in prison for the rest of his life. Jamie's poor parents knowing that is how their little girl died. I just feel so bad for them. She was so young and such a beautiful girl. Jamie's roommate is no doubt just sick as this creep used to be her boyfriend. I still think it all comes down to that killer wanting Jamie's car. He sure won't have to worry about driving anything where he is going.

Why would it be second degree? I think it should be 1st degree.

I wonder why, after supposedly drinking with those four people and getting into an argument with them, did he decide to go to Jamie's apartment? And why did he end up getting in an argument or angry with her? Did he need a ride somewhere and wanted her to drive him or borrow her car? What made him so angry with her that he strangled her? It's just so sad and such a waste of a beautiful life that I'm just angry beyond belief. She seemed like an awesome person and very well liked. Her myspace page was respectful and clean, meaning I've seen my own daughters and her friends and the language there as most of them I've seen are full of disrespect, foul language, etc. Obviously he took her car to hide her body, but for goodness sakes to keep driving it around town for a week? Shows what frame of mind he was in... how did he think he would not get linked to the crime. Thank God he was stupid and justice will be served quickly for her and her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back