Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We will never forgive the act, we we can forgive him.” (James Wright)

Gaeta pled not guilt. He potentially faces life in prison if convicted of first degree murder with aggravating circumstances. He faces two counts of first-degree murder and one count of first-degree rape of a child. His next court appearance is Feb. 6 for a pre-trial hearing. The trail date has been set for March 9.

He was transferred from juvenile detention to the Kitsap County Jail on Dec. 23, which was his 18th birthday.''

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/287144871.html

scroll to end of ''people in the news''' GG is one of them and it speaks of the case

I'm thankful the Bremerton Patriot posted Jenise's image and referred to this as her case, and GG as the perp. Journalists / media aren't always so considerate or compassionate of crime victims. I can't tell you how often I've seen articles with images side by side or the victims as a small inset, or not even acknowledged. Those sorts of slights matter, especially to the family. Some are
od the opinion that it can have an affect on prospective jurors :moo:

I, for one, will remember Little Jenise, for all of her promise, that her precious smile and sparking brown eyes will forever represent.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We will never forgive the act, we we can forgive him.” (James Wright)

Gaeta pled not guilt. He potentially faces life in prison if convicted of first degree murder with aggravating circumstances. He faces two counts of first-degree murder and one count of first-degree rape of a child. His next court appearance is Feb. 6 for a pre-trial hearing. The trail date has been set for March 9.

He was transferred from juvenile detention to the Kitsap County Jail on Dec. 23, which was his 18th birthday.''

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/287144871.html

Can anyone explain what we should expect from Friday's pre-trial hearing?

Nothing new on the court record, and I could not find any media coverage?

I couldn't find anything on twitter.

A pre-trial hearing for Gabriel "Gabe" Gaeta is scheduled for April 3 at 1:30 p.m. according to the Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office. A trial date has been set at June 1.

http://www.centralkitsapreporter.com/news/292503301.html

Hopefully there won't be any delays. The article says he pleaded not guilty in an earlier hearing - maybe that was the February 6 hearing?

A pre-trial hearing for Gabriel "Gabe" Gaeta is scheduled for April 3 at 1:30 p.m. according to the Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office. A trial date has been set at June 1.

http://www.centralkitsapreporter.com/news/292503301.html

Hopefully there won't be any delays. The article says he pleaded not guilty in an earlier hearing - maybe that was the February 6 hearing?

bbm: they sure kept that out of the news didn't they? -- grrrrr

thank you for the update!

Yes, but this doesn't prove he wasn't physically abused at home. Where did his wrestling violence come from? To me, it shows even more evidence that he had aggression in all areas of his life.

I recall that GG had a brain injury. TBI can cause violence in people. That could be the cause. I still think he was maltreated (NOT an excuse, just speculations on how a sweet baby can become a monster). I wonder if there were noticeable differences in his behavior -on or off the mat- after the brain injury...

Yes, it could be that he watched his older brothers tussle around, and as he got older they may have brought him in & he had to be tuff to tussle with them/him. They may have been encouraged by their father or the oldest brother, etc., etc. It may well have been a paternally dominant family where sports and other activities that were ruff & tuff were encouraged & possibly rewarded. There were four brothers in my neighborhood that were always wrestling, rough-housing, playing backyard football, etc., and they turned out to be very good student-athletes in school, were good young citizens, and none of them ever got in trouble for being mean-spirited, unfair, too aggressive, or cruel. I think a lot of the aggressiveness depends on what one hears and experiences at home. This is not to say that GG experienced abuse in the home -- we may never know about that angle, but I hope we'll get a glance or a flavor of it, at least -- maybe just aggressive brothers who were encouraged to be "winners" in a good healthy way or perhaps in an overly aggressive and "die-hard" way. It could be a coach or a trainer. Or not. Again, who knoze? And there certainly can be exceptions no matter how things go at home.

Yes, it could be that he watched his older brothers tussle around, and as he got older they may have brought him in & he had to be tuff to tussle with them/him. They may have been encouraged by their father or the oldest brother, etc., etc. It may well have been a paternally dominant family where sports and other activities that were ruff & tuff were encouraged & possibly rewarded. There were four brothers in my neighborhood that were always wrestling, rough-housing, playing backyard football, etc., and they turned out to be very good student-athletes in school, were good young citizens, and none of them ever got in trouble for being mean-spirited, unfair, too aggressive, or cruel. I think a lot of the aggressiveness depends on what one hears and experiences at home. This is not to say that GG experienced abuse in the home -- we may never know about that angle, but I hope we'll get a glance or a flavor of it, at least -- maybe just aggressive brothers who were encouraged to be "winners" in a good healthy way or perhaps in an overly aggressive and "die-hard" way. It could be a coach or a trainer. Or not. Again, who knoze? And there certainly can be exceptions no matter how things go at home.
I appreciate your diplomacy, but I believe abuse has to be a factor. I simply cannot believe that a boy -in a loving and supportive home- could rape and murder a 6 year old. I find it VERY hard to believe, but if there is/are examples of a person who came from a happy, loving home where he never experienced abuse yet ended up raping and killing children, I would be very interested in reading these cases.

I appreciate your diplomacy, but I believe abuse has to be a factor. I simply cannot believe that a boy -in a loving and supportive home- could rape and murder a 6 year old. I find it VERY hard to believe, but if there is/are examples of a person who came from a happy, loving home where he never experienced abuse yet ended up raping and killing children, I would be very interested in reading these cases.

You make good points there, themom -- as you always do. It does make sense that if a child is raised where he sees from the beginning of his life that his parents have an affectionate & loving relationship (within healthy bounds,certainly), and that he sees his parents be good and loving counselors to all of the children in the family in a fair and impartial way, that he or she should grow up to be the same. Church, synagogue, or temple attendance helps, but children do grow up to be good citizens without a spiritual core (although I feel that it does strengthen all parts of a family).

Seeing disrespect and abuse by the father to the mother and other family members, especially if it has always been there, is not healthy and it indeed does shape a young individual as he or she grows up to see it as a regular routine. It certainly also engenders that way of life in some or all of the children who see and are a part of it. It's the way family life is supposed to be, they think; we imitate our elders. We do see, sometimes and certainly, those children who grow up to hate & fear it, so they make their way as far away from it as they can get. But if you are right, we are not seeing that with this case. There also could be some rage going on with this young man...and the source of the example could be very near. Unhealthy examples of extreme rivalry and competition probably shaped GG as well. Coaching such negative competition can come from several sources.

I hope we will find out more as time goes along...

It does not mean that abuse happened in the home, though. We have gently discussed the possibility of Gabe having anger towards Jenise and her family for a reason. I am not accusing anyone of anything, just to be clear. Just that if abuse existed (which is highly likely) it could have been a family friend, neighbor or even a coach that was responsible.

I don't have any stats in front of me to say that X percentage of rapists/murderers come from perfectly stable, loving homes but from everything I've read, been told, and heard about the Gaeta family, there was no abuse. Or at the very least, no abuse anyone is willing to admit to.

Was this in the same mobile home parked where Jenise lived?

No, but they are managed by the same people. Both are quiet parks...so it's shocking. The women who owned the home had recently had a child from what I hear. Child was not there.

No, but they are managed by the same people. Both are quiet parks...so it's shocking. The women who owned the home had recently had a child from what I hear. Child was not there.
These two cases plus the Noah Thomas case makes me come to the conclusion that no good comes from mobile home parks. :(

Even though I haven't been there in years, Kariotis was always known as a really nice park. My late hubby's grandmother lived there and we visited often. I do hope this case is solved quickly and justice served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member