DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Next Court Date: 01/15/2016 1:30PM Docket #: 141007866 Court: Superior Court
Cause Number Fel/Misd Charge Bond Amount Bond Type
141007866 F MURDER 1 $1,000,000 Cash or Bail Bond
141007866 F MURDER 1 $0 Cash or Bail Bond
141007866 F RAPE OF CHILD 1 $0 Cash or Bail Bond

http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/jailwebsecond.asp?charges=700099903

I can't seem to find anything in the local news - so - what exactly is this court date for today? Anyone? Actual trial or something else, again?

I can't seem to find anything in the local news - so - what exactly is this court date for today? Anyone? Actual trial or something else, again?

Whatever it is is supposed to start at 1:30 - four and a half hours from now. I can't find anything in msm so far.

Maybe to discuss bond? Or discovery issues?

The first-degree murder trials for Gabriel Gaeta, 19, and David Kalac, 34, are currently scheduled for March. Although a prosecutor says the county courts can handle multiple lengthy trials at once, and prosecutors are preparing for trial as scheduled, defense attorneys on the two unrelated cases said recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions and a possible appeal on a pretrial motion may push them back further.
Gaeta was in court Friday, and one of his attorneys, Roger Hunko, said a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision regarding sentencing for those charged with crimes as juveniles may affect the case. Gaeta was 17 when he was arrested, but is being prosecuted as an adult.

"It's got to be determined before trial," Hunko said.

However, Hunko told Judge Jennifer Forbes he believed Gaeta would be ready for trial as long as detectives on the case are made available for interviews. Part of the reason for postponing the case is the large volume of reports generated by law enforcement, and search and rescue officials when Jenise was reported missing.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2016-...4c-1893-571f-e053-0100007f4234-365548591.html

From the article it looks like GG will now be going to trial around March 21. So the January 22 hearing must be another preliminary hearing. Sigh.

Also from MsMarple's link:
[...]

However, Hunko told Judge Jennifer Forbes he believed Gaeta would be ready for trial as long as detectives on the case are made available for interviews. Part of the reason for postponing the case is the large volume of reports generated by law enforcement, and search and rescue officials when Jenise was reported missing.
[...]
:sigh:

#JusticeForJenise!
:rose:

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2016-...4c-1893-571f-e053-0100007f4234-365548591.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first-degree murder trials for Gabriel Gaeta, 19, and David Kalac, 34, are currently scheduled for March. Although a prosecutor says the county courts can handle multiple lengthy trials at once, and prosecutors are preparing for trial as scheduled, defense attorneys on the two unrelated cases said recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions and a possible appeal on a pretrial motion may push them back further.
Gaeta was in court Friday, and one of his attorneys, Roger Hunko, said a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision regarding sentencing for those charged with crimes as juveniles may affect the case. Gaeta was 17 when he was arrested, but is being prosecuted as an adult.

"It's got to be determined before trial," Hunko said.

From the article it looks like GG will now be going to trial around March 21. So the January 22 hearing must be another preliminary hearing. Sigh.

Well now, if the wouldn't have taken her, assaulted her, killed her and then hid her broken little body in the woods under garbage, there wouldn't have had to be numerous reports from LE, and the search and rescue officials, now would there?

UGH! :gaah:

Well now, if the wouldn't have taken her, assaulted her, killed her and then hid her broken little body in the woods under garbage, there wouldn't have had to be numerous reports from LE, and the search and rescue officials, now would there?

UGH! :gaah:

Right ! And in the grand scheme of things and our history here with missing babies' cases, Jenise was not 'missing' all that long before she was found , compared to some other kids. So suck it up , defense atty. You have some reports to sift through.

OntarioMom and SCHMAE, thank you for your posts!
:loveyou: :loveyou:

When I snipped the quote, I was :furious:

I seem to see a pattern emerging here :cow: gg creates this situation, but doesn't want to face the consequences. You can't hide from these reports and expect them to disappear. It is SOP that LE interviews generate reports, and any defense attorney worth his salt knows he will cross examine his client's witnesses.

There is no way this guy didn't know this discovery was awaiting him. I call :censored: !!!

As with other cases we've seen, the unalienable rights of the perp allow for such maneuvering. Lacking a federally mandated Victims' Bill of Rights, there are no such protections in place for Jenise.

We must grit our teeth and wait. Our commitment to seeing this through will not be extinguished. In fact, all this does is fan the flames.

We are here, waiting and watching. Her time will come, and when it does, it will be worth all of this.

#JusticeForJenise!!!!

I normally don't follow the actual court cases of our precious little ones only because legal jargon makes my brain hurt and it confuses me. I have made a few exceptions over the years and this one most definitely qualifies. This sweet little girl (and all those who knew her and loved her, and miss her like crazy) deserves justice for what was done to her at the hands of this slimy blankity-blank. That whole snot-trick he pulled during interrogation proves he's slimy.

Ugh, I get angry all over again every time I think of him and what he did to her. Justice cannot come soon enough for our sweet Jenise.

Yep. I know exactly what you mean, OntarioMom. He is a slimy weasel who was in his right mind at the time because he hid Jenise after he raped and murdered her. He knows exactly what he did. GG, your snot act didn't fool anyone. Go get convicted. Loser.

From the Kitsap Sun link above:

"Gaeta's trial, scheduled for March 28, was postponed until Oct. 10. That was due partly to a medical procedure needed by one of his attorneys and also to allow time to settle the legal question raised by a Michigan appeals court. That court found in August that a jury, rather than a judge, must be the entity that sentences a juvenile to life in prison."

Ugh. More waiting for justice for Jenise and her family.

Delay all you want GG, but the devil is coming for you and you know it. You'll get yours 1000x over what you did to Jenise. We won't give up until that little angel gets the justice she deserves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the Kitsap Sun link above:

"Gaeta's trial, scheduled for March 28, was postponed until Oct. 10. That was due partly to a medical procedure needed by one of his attorneys and also to allow time to settle the legal question raised by a Michigan appeals court. That court found in August that a jury, rather than a judge, must be the entity that sentences a juvenile to life in prison."

Ugh. More waiting for justice for Jenise and her family.

:gaah:The defense attorneys must be slow readers. :steamed: Grrrrr. :mad:
We will be patient and await :justice: for our sweet Jenise and all those who love her. SMH

That's ok, GG. We can wait. We're not going anywhere until we see you convicted. Jenise will not be forgotten. She was just a baby....

Every time I see an image of Jenise's beautiful, smiling face, I am awestruck at the profound loss of such a bright and shining :star:
:tears:

These repetitive delays, often without explanation to the public, are not only frustrating, but they border on insulting to those of us who have grown to love this child. Many of us have formed this attachment, despite the miles that separate us. As we begin the 11th thread in her honor, the tens of thousands of posts that have been written oven the past 9 months bind us, in sorrow, grief, love, and the continuing pursuit of #JusticeForJenise.

We will not turn away from the horrific nature of this crime, sweep it under the rug, or forget its ugliness. Our allegiance to Jenise will not allow us to do so. No matter how long the adjudication process takes, we will be here to see this through.

I thank you all for your persistence, your dedication, and your care for this little girl. I carry her in my heart with me every day. I admit, I see her in the big brown eyes of my own daughters, and thank my lucky stars that I have them with me.

I know I'm not alone in appreciating what I have because of Jenise.

:floating:

perfect...thanks for voicing what we all are feeling :heart:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members