Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say one more thing. CPS reports are confidential so the bishop would not know anything about them. The only people that know for sure are the people(s) that made the calls to CPS AND LE, and of course the family and case worker. I know first hand of three calls to CPS and LE from at least 2-3 years ago. And I can't make a comment about how many others have called (due to the fact I did not directly witness). And numerous complains to management over the years.

There is GREAT GUILT being felt by myself and people I know that wonder if we could have done more. If we could have done more to protect the children. I just want justice at this point.

CPS allegedly exists for the very purpose of interceding to protect the children. Time and again, CPS/DFACS drops the ball, gives the parents a fifteenth chance, and they only finally decide the parents are unfit/child(ren) are at risk when a child is dead. We've seen it over and over again on Websleuths. It sounds to me like yourself and the community were amazing advocates for the children. So many don't bother to make a single call, to involve themselves at all.

I'm sure when this all shakes out it will be quite clear that there were many who failed in their moral and legal responsibility to this child and her siblings. Neither you, nor the community who cared, will be among them. You were the guardian angels. She was blessed to have all of you. :grouphug:

I will say one more thing. CPS reports are confidential so the bishop would not know anything about them. The only people that know for sure are the people(s) that made the calls to CPS AND LE, and of course the family and case worker. I know first hand of three calls to CPS and LE from at least 2-3 years ago. And I can't make a comment about how many others have called (due to the fact I did not directly witness). And numerous complains to management over the years.

There is GREAT GUILT being felt by myself and people I know that wonder if we could have done more. If we could have done more to protect the children. I just want justice at this point.

Please try not to feel guilty. Maybe you all can ban together and form a neighborhood watch. Or some sort of plan for adults from the neighborhood to take turns "supervising" the neighborhood play areas so people feel assured their kids are being watched and so you all feel like you're doing something to make the community safer. It may be cathartic for everyone.

I will also suggest a great site called nextdoor.com - I started a group for our neighborhood and you can send out mailed post cards to invite all neighbors. You can post about safety issues, yard sales, neighborhood barbecues, needing a sitter, etc. It's really cool. I set ours up after some recent break ins a couple streets over.

I don't blame the parents at all for letting her play outside all day. When I was a kid, you left in the morning and didn't come back till the dinner bell rang. Kids need to be outside in the summertime and not cooped up inside playing video games. As far as I'm concerned the creep who raped and killed Jenise is the one to blame, and the full force of the law should be brought down on him.

I will also say this: H and I were talking last night about the perp and his family. Sometimes you can be an amazing parent. You can do everything possible to teach your kids right from wrong and about all of the important morals to have.

Sometimes people are just fundamentally evil or "broken" no matter how hard their families tried to raise them to be good people.

I don't blame the parents at all for letting her play outside all day. When I was a kid, you left in the morning and didn't come back till the dinner bell rang. Kids need to be outside in the summertime and not cooped up inside playing video games. As far as I'm concerned the creep who raped and killed Jenise is the one to blame, and the full force of the law should be brought down on him.

Exactly!!!!

And chances are if the neighbors thought the perps family are good people- they probably are.

The kid/perp is just evil. Broken. And a monster.

I am in total agreement. It's not like this perv was some creeper the community did not know. They all liked him and trusted him even invited him in their homes. So even if she was supervised 100% of the time, he would have found a way regardless IMO.

To answer a question back on the last page, even when the suspect is identified and charged as an adult, his families' social media accounts will not be sleuthable. Neither will any friends found on his own.

From my personal experience, so no actual links, just friends and family in the industry, classes and what I learned while adopting our kids...CPS in Washington's goal is ALWAYS to reunify the family up until the very last second when a judge says that can't happen. Even when the individual worker knows in their hearts that isn't a good thing, shouldn't happen, will never happen, its their job. Guardian Ad Litems are advocates for the children, they get to tell a judge how they really feel. CPS case workers do not. The goal of reunifying the family includes short term intervention, parenting classes, additional resources (helping the families get home repairs done, food assistance, etc). When it is a non-physical emergency call, they do call ahead and set up a scheduled time to come see the home. As ridiculous as this sounds to all of us, they want the parents to have time to clean up and make things look presentable. They can also use this later to report something like "it did not appear that they had made any attempt to clean or repair whatever..." When a child or children is taken away, even if the parents voluntarily give up parental rights, its still about a two year process (I'm sure there are exceptions) before that child can be legally free for adoption. The state doesn't want the parent to ever be able to come back and say they were pressured or rushed or didn't understand what was happening. It has been a few years since our adoption was final. I still have dinner almost once a month with our CPS case worker because she and I have become such good friends. I would not have her job for all the money in the world. They are expected to work miracles, bound by conflicting laws that make it almost impossible to do their job. Parents dislike them, kids are afraid of them and the public doesn't understand why they don't do what we all think should be done immediately. Its a very broken system.

I have no idea what specifically went on in this case, just wanted to explain a little about the actual goal of CPS and why families are sometimes told of upcoming visits, etc.

I guess that's what is one of the more sad things about this horrible crime. The ultimate betrayal. Could you imagine being a parent thinking, "Hey I actually let and welcomed that kid to sit at the kitchen table and do homework with Johnny while Suzy was playing in the living room...etc." I feel so horrible for everyone in that MHP. :(

I wanted to comment on the spoiled brat comments by dad. I got the sense that he was really frustrated by her tendency to run amok, but because she was the baby, she always got her way. I can see it now, Jenise takes off, Dad is worried, she comes home and he is unhappy with her. If he tries to punish her, telling her she has to stay inside the next day, she starts crying and Mom shuts him down. This is purely my impression. I did not get the feeling that he didn't care.
Run amok? All children will run amok if you let them roam the neighborhood all day, eat wherever they can find food and "check in" when they feel like it.

It's the parents responsibility to keep children within a safe distance, check on them OFTEN, and make sure they are safe, and if they don't check in, it would probably be wise to call 911 way before 24 hours pass without seeing them.

I really cannot express enough how impressed I am with Law Enforcement in Bremerton and the judicial process- so far.

After following cases in other jurisdictions (I do realize we still have a long way to go) these agencies seem to be the way our system should go.

Locals there should be very proud of their men and women with boots on the ground and suits in the DA's office.

Justice for Jenise, may it be swift and heavy handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran