Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about DNA

I was just thinking about how GG did not want to give the dna sample. If his Mom and Dad had both given the sample but GG never did, would forensics still have been able to narrow it down to GG after running just the father's sample past the semen from Jenise's underwear?

Just curious as to how differently things could have played out if GG and parents never cooperated in giving them GG's cheek swab...
CrazyKat,
You made me realize how biased my focus has been. For some reason I thought they were only taking dna swabs from males. (The adult male in GG's home is not his biological father, as I understand ~ might be wrong.) But they may have been able to determine mitochondrial from his mother. Do you know if they collected from both males and females or not? TIA.

With him admitting he did it, and the evidence LE has, I hope this does not go to trial!

With both families knowing each other, it just seems what will any one gain by dragging out the nasty details for the world to see? Why would either set of parents want to go down that road? JMO

CrazyKat,
You made me realize how biased my focus has been. For some reason I thought they were only taking dna swabs from males. (The adult male in GG's home is not his biological father, as I understand ~ might be wrong.) But they may have been able to determine mitochondrial from his mother. Do you know if they collected from both males and females or not? TIA.

IIRC, this was asked at one of the press conferences. I do think that both males and females were asked. I think this aided in getting a high rate of compliance - nobody felt targeted.

I think the pressure of the neighborhood cooperation regarding the DNA forced GG to finally submit to a swab. If people were in an uproar about submitting voluntarily, it's possible he could've held out and the case wouldn't have been solved so quickly. GG gave the swab on Friday and was arrested on Saturday.

I still think LE would've got him, though, even if he refused to submit voluntarily.

JMO.

With him admitting he did it, and the evidence LE has, I hope this does not go to trial!

With both families knowing each other, it just seems what will any one gain by dragging out the nasty details for the world to see? Why would either set of parents want to go down that road? JMO
GG's parents might want to go to trial not so much to declare that he is innocent but to try to mitigate the sentencing and obtain a lesser punishment for him. With all we are hearing and the dust-up made of his being prescribed antidepressants they may even gamble a trial on mental pleas. :dunno:

I think it is possible that this case could get quite complicated.
His confession was a nod.
The prosecution was very adamant that they wanted the evaluation done before bringing charges.
There is still the possibility that he did not do this alone, anything is possible.
He could have been the only one that left DNA but not the only one that raped her.
If there was anyone else involved, which IMO there's not, It will also have to be proven which one actually killed her.
They would both go down for murder but it could get really complicated and IMO there surly would be a trial. IMO.

The prosecution was very adamant that they wanted the evaluation done before bringing charges.
There is still the possibility that he did not do this alone, anything is possible.
He could have been the only one that left DNA but not the only one that raped her.
If there was anyone else involved, which IMO there's not, It will also have to be proven which one actually killed her.
They would both go down for murder but it could get really complicated and IMO there surly would be a trial. IMO.

We don't know if they have DNA from more than one person.

I originally thought there were more than one. Now I'm not sure. I still wonder if someone helped with the hiding of the body and clean-up, though.

GG's parents might want to go to trial not so much to declare that he is innocent but to try to mitigate the sentencing and obtain a lesser punishment for him. With all we are hearing and the dust-up made of his being prescribed antidepressants they may even gamble a trial on mental pleas. :dunno:

His parents will be responsible for his legal defense which we understand will be very pricey. It will be interesting to see how far this goes. We discussed it earlier this week and it was emphasized since he is a minor his parents would financially responsible for his defense.

And maybe to keep a lot of the details out of public or unheard.

We don't know if they have DNA from more than one person.

I originally thought there were more than one. Now I'm not sure. I still wonder if someone helped with the hiding of the body and clean-up, though.

I wondered if there was another involved with overpowering the victim and the ''demise''. (I detest typing graphic details), but that he was solely responsible for the 'other post erotic evidence' which could have been self induced KWIM. (MOO)

however, if asked if there were other parties involved he indicated no....so....guess we have to take that 'at face value' at this time.(MOO)

and even if....charges should remain the same...jmoo

His parents will be responsible for his legal defense which we understand will be very pricey. It will be interesting to see how far this goes. We discussed it earlier this week and it was emphasized since he is a minor his parents would financially responsible for his defense.

Couldn't they use a public defender?

Ok so I edited my earlier DNA question post...I had forgotten that GG lived with bio mom and step dad.

So question again but slightly different...let's say GG never consented to the cheek swab, but bio mom did. And forensics ran everyone's sample regardless of gender against the semen from Jenise's underwear.

Would bio mom's DNA alone have been enough to identify that a relation of hers "did the crime"?

Question about DNA. Edit because he lives with the stepdad, not bio dad. So same question, if they took Mom's DNA then would forensics have been able to narrow it towards GG if he never gave a sample?

I was just thinking about how GG did not want to give the dna sample. If his Mom and Dad had both given the sample but GG never did, would forensics still have been able to narrow it down to GG after running just the father's sample past the semen from Jenise's underwear?

Just curious as to how differently things could have played out if GG and parents never cooperated in giving them GG's cheek swab...

If they had gotten a swab of both his mother and father, it would have made up his entire DNA strand. With only the mother's only half of the strand. They also could have taken a sample of the full blooded brothers and it would have shown a DNA association.

The police would have at least known they were in the right family had they taken DNA from any of the other members. To narrow it down to the right family member, they would have eventually gotten a sample from GG, if for no other reason, then to eliminate him.

And maybe to keep a lot of the details out of public or unheard.

Certainly a defense team could attempt to contest admissibility of certain evidence, but wouldn't an admission of guilt save a lot more 'face' for GG and spare his family and the victim's family some sad disclosures?

Agree because the "nod" really worries me.
:sheesh: (Couldn't find a "nod" smiley.)​

Ok so I edited my earlier DNA question post...I had forgotten that GG lived with bio mom and step dad.

So question again but slightly different...let's say GG never consented to the cheek swab, but bio mom did. And forensics ran everyone's sample regardless of gender against the semen from Jenise's underwear.

Would bio mom's DNA alone have been enough to identify that a relation of hers "did the crime"?
Pretty sure it would have pointed to him. Look up mitochondrial dna. Google will explain it better than I can, lol.

Regular poster hat on: I would think it wouldn't be to 1 in 9 quintillion if they used mom's dna, just because of all of his siblings...

GG will probably have minimal court appearances until he's evaluated and 18. Then his family won't have to pay for his defense. If he's charged as an adult, you'd think he'd be provided a public defender, guess not. December isn't long from now. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice for Brenda Goudge