WA - John, 43, & Christale Careaga, 37, & two 16yo sons slain, Bremerton, 28 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chilling beyond words.

Were there any calls or texts sent out during this time ?? (from the victims)

Have to read backwards here to try to understand how this unfolded. It seems like a ton of rage from someone(s).
Rest in peace to the victims ! :(

Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office detectives searching the Lake Tahuyeh-area property where three people were found dead Saturday discovered miscellaneous shell casings outside, along with about $60,000 cash in the master bedroom and 33 mature marijuana plants in a garage, according to court records.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...ash-pot-plants-found-scene-killings/97425266/

This article also states that "most" of the shell casings found were 9mm, which, of course, begs the question of how many different types there were.
Also, marijuana is legal here and, as the article states, the amount they were growing would have been legal for a combined "medical grow" venture.
It is odd to me that there was so much cash found, in two spots, in the master bedroom. Was the motive not financial? One of the spots was $7,000 in a dresser drawer in the master bedroom; a place anyone would look first.
They also mention finding a single latex glove at the pickup truck site, but whether or not it's related we don't know.

I don't live far from where this happened. It was a very difficult week at the school so far. Our whole community seems to be nervous, but hearing that the police do not believe it was a random act of violence has helped some people feel better. I don't, though. I want this solved. It's just so horrible.

Careaga truck.jpg

The burned-out pickup in which John D. Careaga's body was discovered was recovered Sunday on a tree farm in Mason County.

Careaga truck2.JPG

The truck was found beyond this broken gate to property off of Dewatto Holly Road in Central

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...nvolved-quadruple-homicide-revealed/97357390/

They do not contain a narrative of how detectives think the evidence fits into what happened to the family and only list the specific items taken.

More than $50,000 was found in a safe under the master bedroom bed, and $7,000 was found in a bank bag in a master bedroom dresser, according to documents.

The Careagas owned Christale’s Java Hut and Juanito’s Taco Shop on Kitsap Way, and it is not uncommon for small-business owners to keep cash on hand.

Along with the 33 mature marijuana plants in the garage, investigators found 10 grow lights.

Under state law, medical marijuana patients can band together and grow multiple plants for use, though it is unknown whether anyone on the property was authorized to conduct a collective grow.
http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...ash-pot-plants-found-scene-killings/97425266/

Drugs and cash....................that oughta do it !

The motive and inspiration just became much clearer.

Question to ponder: Why wasn't the 60K in cash taken ? Answer: This wasn't about money, it was about encroaching on someone others turf .

Message sent: Grow and sell in this area...........be prepared to die.

This has all the earmarks of the Pike county murders, remember those ? Family of eight killed in different locations, some in their sleep.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-24&highlight=pike

Well, if this is all about drugs I'll just say you don't have to worry about drug turf when you're on death row for 4 murders - two of which were kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess they're working under the assumption that they won't get caught. The people responsible for the Pike Co. murders haven't been caught............probably won't be either if LE is having this much trouble piecing everything together.

Chilling beyond words.

Were there any calls or texts sent out during this time ?? (from the victims)

Have to read backwards here to try to understand how this unfolded. It seems like a ton of rage from someone(s).
Rest in peace to the victims ! :(

bbm - see very first post in this thread. A 911 call was made reporting "violence in the home". Not sure who made the call.

Looks like LE couldn't get there in time to prevent the murders though, the perps even had time to set a fire.

We still haven't heard about the other 5 kids that supposedly also lived there. Where are they?

ETA: I wonder whether the fire was set to destroy the plants?

bbm - see very first post in this thread. A 911 call was made reporting "violence in the home". Not sure who made the call.

Looks like LE couldn't get there in time to prevent the murders though, the perps even had time to set a fire.

We still haven't heard about the other 5 kids that supposedly also lived there. Where are they?

ETA: I wonder whether the fire was set to destroy the plants?

I believe the fire was set in the actual house. Pot plants in a separate structure. The fire at the house doesn't seem that bad, via the pics shown. However maybe they thought the house would be destroyed and spread. JMO

So from what I read. Suspect (s) didn't take the weed plants or the huge amount of money found in the home by LE. This makes no sense. And I have a hard time believing this was done over weed. Not around here where tons of people grow and we have more weed stores than McDonald's. I just don't get it. Maybe over pills, heroine or meth type drugs. But weed??? I'm having a hard time with that one. JMO

What I don't understand is the 911 call, if an intruder was in my home and I have 30 seconds to call 911, I think I would say, "An intruder is in the home, please come quick!" I think if it was a domestic incident with other family members, I can see myself saying, "violence is on the home, come quick!"
I think whoever made that 911 call, knew the attacker or attackers.

So from what I read. Suspect (s) didn't take the weed plants or the huge amount of money found in the home by LE. This makes no sense. And I have a hard time believing this was done over weed. Not around here where tons of people grow and we have more weed stores than McDonald's. I just don't get it. Maybe over pills, heroine or meth type drugs. But weed??? I'm having a hard time with that one. JMO

You're right. Also, the plants were not destroyed. If the anger was because of weed, they probably would have set the plants and the equipment on fire first.

Money was left too.

So what was the motive? Something personal? Former employees? We already suspect that more than one person is involved. Two or more people hated this family. Why?

You're right. Also, the plants were not destroyed. If the anger was because of weed, they probably would have set the plants and the equipment on fire first.

Money was left too.

So what was the motive? Something personal? Former employees? We already suspect that more than one person is involved. Two or more people hated this family. Why?

This is JMO but this feels like big drug buisness. The wife and 2 boys killed, maybe in front of the father then they take him, do whatever and he is found dead and burned in the middle of nowhere. Maybe the caller was one of the boys and they did know the suspects. Maybe they got a call in to 911 just in time prior to death. This is so horrible to talk about like this. Just awful. These are just thoughts, not rumors or anything like that. Stuff like this rarely happens around here. I just know something is very off..

What I don't understand is the 911 call, if an intruder was in my home and I have 30 seconds to call 911, I think I would say, "An intruder is in the home, please come quick!" I think if it was a domestic incident with other family members, I can see myself saying, "violence is on the home, come quick!"

Agree!!!

Oh this story is so heartbreaking....
I want to extend my sympathy to family, friends and all of you who live there.
I am sadly from Pike County which is not far from hitting the 10 month mark with no arrests. I so pray arrests come for you very soon.
I can truly relate to the fear those close feel. Its horrible. And knowing whomever did this is walking free, well it isn't right.

I agree completely. After listening to part of the 911 call I think the caller was on his mobile phone. He had to give the dispatcher his address twice. So sad.

$4,000 reward offered to solve murder of Kitsap County family: ‘Somebody out there knows something’
POSTED 10:30 PM, FEBRUARY 1, 2017, BY DAVID ROSE, UPDATED AT 10:15AM, FEBRUARY 3, 2017
http://q13fox.com/2017/02/01/4000-r...ty-family-somebody-out-there-knows-something/

Partial 911 call​

Shell casings, cash, pot plants found at scene of killings
Andrew Binion , Kitsap Sun Published 6:07 p.m. PT Feb. 2, 2017 | Updated 5 hours ago

The incident began when a person called 911 at 11:28 p.m. Friday and said violence was being committed in the house off Gold Creek Road. The line disconnected, and 911 dispatchers were unable to reach the caller. When authorities arrived, the house was on fire. The remains of the three people were found by firefighters. John Careaga's body was found in the burned truck Sunday.​

Listening to the 911 call just broke my heart. I wish so much the boy who made the call could have somehow hid his phone and not hung up, maybe he could have somehow described the killers?
This seems exactly the same as the Pike County family murders. It makes me wonder if there was a hit out on this family for possibly putting a dent in marijuana sales from whoevers "territory" this location was in.
I wonder where the other children are that lived there? I have seen no reports about them.

I saw a statement in this thread that most of the children were actually young adults. The youngest of the couple's children were in their late teens. If there were more teenagers still at home, it's not unusual for teens to never be at home - I have a teenager myself. I just wish the two that were at home had been anywhere but at home that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back