WA - Juliette Parker, 38 & daughter, 16, drugged woman to steal baby, Spanaway, Feb 2020 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
GHB is hard to test for and doesn’t always show up even if you’ve taken it. So if it didn’t come up in the test results, it doesn’t mean the victim never ingested it. Jmo
I agree. However, before TOX was done, reports indicate that a Glasgow Coma test was done by emergency responders the night of the alleged crime and the "alleged victim" scored a 15, the highest score given (3 - Coma and 15 - no mental or physical impairment) which IMO supports the negative TOX results.

Glasgow coma scale: definition
*Better site

Last edited:
I agree. However, before TOX was done, reports indicate that a Glasgow Coma test was done by emergency responders the night of the alleged crime and the "alleged victim" scored a 15, the highest score given (3 - Coma and 15 - no mental or physical impairment) which IMO supports the negative TOX results.

*Better site

you realize the effects of ghb wear off quickly, right? Which is why it’s pretty dumb to solicit a friend to supply you with ghb to steal a woman’s baby.

Please post the source of the reports you mentioned so everyone else can review the case as well. Otherwise it’s hearsay and considered rumor. I think it’d help people understand where you’re coming from in your staunch defense of the suspect.

also, I’m not that interesting and I keep my activity pretty private.. following me on here will probably be disappointing :)

There is no information contained in the report that support the claim that the alleged suspect asked for GHB to steal a baby. The report provides text messages that quote her saying "Can you get GHB, I found research that suggests it helps with night sweats". It is unclear how the alleged victim came up with the idea that that she had been given GHB in the first place.

All of my information comes from the Motions To Dismiss documents available on the link below.
Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 20-1-00701-5

Last edited:
There is no information contained in the report that support the claim that the alleged suspect asked for GHB to steal a baby. The report provides text messages that quote her saying "Can you get GHB, I found research that suggests it helps with night sweats". It is unclear how the alleged victim came up with the idea that that she had been given GHB in the first place.

All of my information comes from the Motions To Dismiss documents available on the link below.
Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 20-1-00701-5

maybe because I’m on mobile, but I only see the option to purchase documents. I am certainly not paying for documents for this case lol.

*Better site

The Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) is the most common scoring system used to describe the level of consciousness in a person following a traumatic brain injury. It is used to help gauge the severity of an acute brain injury.

Her GCS would have only scored low if she was, indeed, in a coma or had suffered a traumatic brain injury. GCS results are in no way indicative of acute drug intoxication.

This test was likely performed as standard protocol for EMS in responding to all trauma patients. Checking LOC (level of consciousness) is one of the first things you do, albeit usually with the AVPU scale, which is easier to use.

Also worth noting that neither of these two scoring systems (GCS or AVPU) is particularly useful in the management of poisoned patients and cannot be used to determine the presence of intoxicating substances.

*Kelly CA et al. Comparison of consciousness level assessment in the poisoned patient using the alert/verbal/painful/unresponsive scale and the Glasgow Coma Scale. Ann Emerg Med 2004 Aug; 44:108-13*

Friday, June 12th:
*Presentation of Order Hearing (@ 1:30pm PT) – WA – Elysia Miller victim w/5 wk. old baby (Feb. 5, 2020, Spanaway) - *Juliette Leilani Parker (38) aka Juliette Noel & Juliette Gaines arrested & charged (2/14/20) & arraigned (2/18/20) with 2nd degree assault & 2nd degree attempted kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $50K bond (released over the weekend on $5K bail (originally set at $50K but bonded down to 10%). Judge changed (2/18/20) bond to $150K; back in jail. Released a second time (2/20/20) at about 1:40 p.m. after she paid the increased bail amount.
*16 year old daughter of Parker arrested & charged (2/14/20) with 2nd degree assault & 2nd degree attempted kidnapping. Held at Remann Hall Pierce County Juvenile Detention Center. Released () to group home.
Arrested after allegedly posed as baby photographers & drugged a woman in an attempt to steal her newborn. It was on the third visit that the woman alleges that the drugging took place. Parker's teenage daughter allegedly gave the victim a cupcake & as soon as she ate the treat, the woman immediately felt drowsy.
Trial set to begin on 7/9/20.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 3/14/20 reference post #105 here:
WA - Juliette Parker, 38 & daughter, 16, drugged woman to steal baby, Spanaway, Feb 2020 *Arrests*

3/26/20 Update: Pretrial hearing on 3/26 has been cancelled due to coronavirus. Next Motion to dismiss hearing on 4/28. Motion hearing regarding conditions of release on 4/24.
4/24/20 Update: Conditions of release: Defendant shall not possess weapons or firearms; defendant shall not consume or possess non prescription drugs or knowingly associate with any known drug users or sellers, except in treatment; remain in contact with defense attorney; may have telephone contact with daughter if allowed by dependency court, not to discuss case. Motion to dismiss hearing on 4/28 has been continued. Next Omnibus hearing on 5/7 & Motion to Dismiss hearing on 5/19. Rest of the hearings stay the same.
5/7/20 Update: Next Motion (to dismiss) hearing on 5/19. 5/19/20 Update: Motion to dismiss hearing held. Motion denied to strike last minute declaration from Brian Carpon, it had NO bearing on the case. 2nd - Judge said it was a "close call" on the Assault 2 (by poisoning) "In a Knapstad motion the court has to establish a prima facie case of guilt In the light most favorable to the state". He determined that there was evidence to proceed despite the fact that ALL tests came back negative. Next Presentation of Order hearing on 6/12.

Friday, June 19th:
*Trial Readiness Status Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – WA – Elysia Miller victim w/5 wk. old baby (Feb. 5, 2020, Spanaway) - *Juliette Leilani Parker (38) aka Juliette Noel & Juliette Gaines arrested & charged (2/14/20) & arraigned (2/18/20) with 2nd degree assault & 2nd degree attempted kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $50K bond (released over the weekend on $5K bail (originally set at $50K but bonded down to 10%). Judge changed (2/18/20) bond to $150K; back in jail. Released a second time (2/20/20) at about 1:40 p.m. after she paid the increased bail amount.
*16 year old daughter of Parker arrested & charged (2/14/20) with 2nd degree assault & 2nd degree attempted kidnapping. Held at Remann Hall Pierce County Juvenile Detention Center. Released () to group home.
Arrested after allegedly posed as baby photographers & drugged a woman in an attempt to steal her newborn. It was on the third visit that the woman alleges that the drugging took place. Parker's teenage daughter allegedly gave the victim a cupcake & as soon as she ate the treat, the woman immediately felt drowsy.
Trial set to begin on 7/9/20.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 5/7/20 reference post #127 here:

5/19/20 Update: Motion to dismiss hearing held. Motion denied to strike last minute declaration from Brian Carpon, it had NO bearing on the case. 2nd - Judge said it was a "close call" on the Assault 2 (by poisoning) "In a Knapstad motion the court has to establish a prima facie case of guilt In the light most favorable to the state". He determined that there was evidence to proceed despite the fact that ALL tests came back negative. Next Presentation of Order hearing on 6/12.
6/12/20 Update: Hearing was held. Next trial readiness hearing on 6/19/20. 6/16/20: Order denying motion for reconsideration.

Docket:
06/12/2020 CLERK'S MINUTE ENTRY Public 2

06/12/2020 ORDER DENYING MOTION TO SUPPRESS & DISMISS Public 2

06/12/2020 ORDER DENYING REQUEST FOR FRANKS HEARING Public 2

06/16/2020 CLERK'S MINUTE ENTRY Public 2

06/16/2020 ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION Public 1

06/19/2020 MOTION IN LIMINE Public

06/19/2020 DEFENDANT'S LIST OF WITNESSES Public

06/19/2020 TRIAL READINESS CONFERENCE ORDER Public

Hearings:
06/19/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ TRIAL READINESS STATUS HEARING HELD

07/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL

link: Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 20-1-00701-5

I'll keep an eye out - just in case there is a hearing before the jury trial on 7/9.

Docket changed. No trial on 7/9.... I'll keep an eye out for the next hearing.

06/19/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ TRIAL READINESS STATUS HEARING HELD

07/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ CONTINUANCE
07/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL

No update on docket re next hearing still - but new trial date. I'll keep an eye out.

Hearings:
07/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ CONTINUANCE HELD

07/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL CONTINUED

09/15/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL

Last edited:
Docket (since last posted)

06/26/2020 STATE'S LIST OF WITNESSES Public 3

07/09/2020 OBJECTIONS Public 10

07/09/2020 ORDER FOR CONTINUANCE OF TRIAL DATE Public 1

08/20/2020 RETURN ON SUBPOENA Public 1 plus 3

08/21/2020 RETURN ON SUBPOENA Public 1 plus 7

08/21/2020 STATE'S LIST OF WITNESSES Public 1

08/24/2020 RETURN ON SUBPOENA Public 1 plus 1

08/25/2020 RETURN ON SUBPOENA Public 1

08/28/2020 RETURN ON SUBPOENA Public 1 plus 1

08/31/2020 RETURN ON SUBPOENA Public 1

09/01/2020 RETURN ON SUBPOENA Public 1

09/02/2020 STATE'S LIST OF WITNESSES Public 1

09/03/2020 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE AND REQUEST FOR DISCOVERY Public 3

09/03/2020 MOTION TO WITHDRAW AND SUBSTITUTE ATTORNEYS Public 2

09/03/2020 ORDER FOR WITHDRAWAL OF ATTORNEY Public 1

09/03/2020 ORDER FOR HEARING Public

Hearings:
07/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ CONTINUANCE HELD

07/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL CONTINUED

09/03/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ EXPARTE ACTION EXPARTE ACT W ORDER HELD

09/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ CONTINUANCE

Looks like we missed the Exparte action hearing on 9/3/20. I did notice a withdrawal of attorney - ?? - would that not mean the trial would be postponed for a "new" attorney to take over?

I see there was supposed to be a hearing on 9/9 - but says continuance with the trial still on 9/15.

I'll try & keep an eye on it tomorrow & Tuesday - just in case trial IS postponed. :)

Also wondering about her 16 year old daughter? We have not heard anything on her case - and I do realize she is a minor - but just curious! o_O

Question @JudgeJoe - re 9/3/20 hearing:

09/03/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ EXPARTE ACTION EXPARTE ACT W ORDER HELD

re bold - Exparte - looked that up!

What is the meaning of ex parte order?
Latin meaning "for one party," referring to motions, hearings or orders granted on the request of and for the benefit of one party only. ... Ex parte matters are usually temporary orders (like a restraining order or temporary custody) pending a formal hearing, or an emergency request for a continuance.

So - that would mean - request for continuance (of trial) ?? Last few words in the definition part. OR - is that wrong? Not a legalese expert! ;)

Question @JudgeJoe - re 9/3/20 hearing:

re bold - Exparte - looked that up!

What is the meaning of ex parte order?
Latin meaning "for one party," referring to motions, hearings or orders granted on the request of and for the benefit of one party only. ... Ex parte matters are usually temporary orders (like a restraining order or temporary custody) pending a formal hearing, or an emergency request for a continuance.

So - that would mean - request for continuance (of trial) ?? Last few words in the definition part. OR - is that wrong? Not a legalese expert! ;)
That’s how I’d interpret- but hopeful for clarification on Tuesday. I don’t think this will be a quick trial. From the 2nd link I posted a couple boxes upthread...

“at least a dozen women have come forward with stories of interacting with Parker... Those women said ‘things got a little hazy when the defendant was over and that things were missing from their homes,’ prosecutors wrote in charging papers.”

ETA: Apparently she wanted to marry her BF & raise the baby as their own. I’m surprised he hasn’t been arrested- texted him for GHB. You’d think he knew on at least some level. And she’s only 38, so... guessing 1 of them infertile? This tale is practically up there w Tiger King in my books.

Last edited:
Seems I'm having problems accessing any court sites this morning - this one included. I'll post this - and hopefully later today i can check & see if it did happen.

Wednesday, Sept. 9th:
*Ex Parte Action Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – WA – Elysia Miller victim w/5 wk. old baby (Feb. 5, 2020, Spanaway) - *Juliette Leilani Parker (38) aka Juliette Noel & Juliette Gaines arrested & charged (2/14/20) & arraigned (2/18/20) with 2nd degree assault & 2nd degree attempted kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $50K bond (released over the weekend on $5K bail (originally set at $50K but bonded down to 10%). Judge changed (2/18/20) bond to $150K; back in jail. Released a second time (2/20/20) at about 1:40 p.m. after she paid the increased bail amount.
Trial set to begin on 9/15/20.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 6/16/20 reference post #129 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wa-juliette-parker-38-daughter-16-drugged-woman-to-steal-baby-spanaway-feb-2020-arrests.504530/page-7
6/19/20 Update: Hearing was held. Motion to suppress & dismiss-denied; Request for Franks hearing-denied; Motion for reconsideration-denied; defendant's witness list made public & trial readiness conference ordered - no date yet. Motion for trial continuance-granted. 7/9/20 Update: Continuance hearing held. New trial date is set for 9/15/20.
8/26/20: State's list of witnesses; 7/9/20: Objection. 8/26/20 thru 9/1/20 return on subpoenas. 9/2/20: State's list of witnesses. 9/3/20 Update: Ex parte Action hearing held on 9/3/20. Ex parte action with order held. Notice of appearance & request for discovery; motion to withdraw & substitute attorneys. Order for withdrawal of attorney. Order for hearing. Might have hearing on 9/9/20.

Okay - finally got into the court site - looks like today's hearing has been continued - so I am going to assume the trial is not going to start on 9/15....

09/09/2020 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ CONTINUANCE

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members