Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually the tape being up indicates the search is underway or has been concluded. If a pregnant women could potentially be in danger I cant imagine theyd wait
They may not suspect KC was at the house at all, but are searching for evidence such as the suspects clothing, shoes, computers, etc. Hopefully lots of cameras in this neighborhood.

They may not suspect KC was at the house at all, but are searching for evidence such as the suspects clothing, shoes, computers, etc. Hopefully lots of cameras in this neighborhood.
Touche! you make a good point
I wonder if the resident owns it or rents it. Sold in 2014.
You make a good point! I also double checked my criminal procedure notes and found this golden nugget "Rule 41 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure provides that a warrant must command the officer to execute the warrant during the daytime, UNLESS the judge for good cause expressly authorizes the execution at another time. Daytime is defined as the time between 6AM-10PM" So most likely their waiting because of a procedural rule that warrants be executed during the day time and this supports your belief they didnt expect to find anyone there.

The one thing that bothers me in these statements, and I always look for, is the tears. You can fake cry but it is much harder to fake tears. It sounds right, it looks right but there are no tears and I know if I were in that situation, my face would look like a tomato and I would have handfuls of tissues for the tears and snot. I also realize that everyone is different and we all express ourselves differently so there is that.
Also, Mothers are often in shock, when their children/grandchildren are missing under dire circumstances. Sometimes tears don't come while one is in shock and intense fear/stress.

Any other possible scenarios besides going to meet the so-called friend/baby daddy? I wonder if she was on any dating sites, even FB, IG, Tinder, Craigslist? Suppose she was accepting that they were only friends, and still interested in meeting others. Would she really fix herself up, as per her mom, to go have a talk with a guy she was acquainted with and having a child with? Maybe, if she wanted more from him. More likely with someone new. MOO

Be interesting to see if there is a digital trail out there in cyber land.
I think she might get dressed up nice, if she was wanting to convince him to take part in their having a baby. She may have hoped that his feelings about becoming a father would be triggered in a positive way?

I really wish that ALL young pregnant women, would be extremely cautious in 'meeting up with' the birth fathers, when circumstances are so rocky. How many cases have we seen here, where hopeful pregnant young ladies, go off alone to have that 'talk' with the sperm donors....never to be seen again? :(

I totally agree with you that this is certainly a plausible scenario, but come on! Wouldn’t the father of the baby and his gf realize that they would be the first viable suspects? Certainly they HAD to have thought of that. Right?? JMO
I would think that the married Marine that tossed his pregnant girlfriend into the mine shaft in the Cali desert would have thought that too. Didn't stop him though.

And the high school football star, that asked his pregnant teen gf to meet him secretly one school night, so they could discuss the future. He beat her to death and threw her in the river by his house.

People do stupid things when they get emotional and desperate.

Seems to be unraveling quickly which is sad to kind of have confirmation of our theories but at least there is some justice possible in the distant future...

Looking at that map, it would have been so easy for him to drop the car and get home.
Moo

Her FB page is theatrical and interesting.... I didn't get a self-harm vibe from it at all. It sounds like being pregnant was a joy for her and something she wanted very much. MOO.

Oh I didn’t get a self-harm vibe at all. I didn’t mean to imply that. Theatrical is a great word to describe it. In my opinion, it was just unusual compared to the majority of personal FB pages I have seen.

I think she might get dressed up nice, if she was wanting to convince him to take part in their having a baby. She may have hoped that his feelings about becoming a father would be triggered in a positive way?

I really wish that ALL young pregnant women, would be extremely cautious in 'meeting up with' the birth fathers, when circumstances are so rocky. How many cases have we seen here, where hopeful pregnant young ladies, go off alone to have that 'talk' with the sperm donors....never to be seen again? :(

No. 1 Cause of Death in Pregnant Women: Murder

Seeing as murder is one of the top causes of death of pregnant women in the US, if not the top...it is sad that individually, I doubt it ever occurs to the victims that they are in such danger, which usually comes via the “father” of the child...when they go to meet them. Jmo

He sure kept close to home. Not thinking this is going to end well for Kassanndra but hopeful that their search leads to answers for the family.
That's what I thought when I saw the map. His home is way too close to the location where the car was found for coincidence, IMHO. Unless someone set him up. Doubtful.

So sad for her mom and brother.

Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, was going to learn if she was having twins, but never made it to her appointment

Washington State investigators are searching desperately for Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, a pregnant woman who went missing a week ago, KIRO 7 reports.

Thus far, deputies are short on clues about the missing Parkland, Washington, woman except for one: Kassandra Cantrell’s car was found parked in a place where her mother, Marie Smith, says she would never have gone.

Parkland, home to Pacific Lutheran University, lies just south of Tacoma, Washington. Kassandra’s car, a white Mazda sedan, was found near the Tacoma Dome sports arena.

Smith is now beset with worry about the safety of both her missing daughter and her unborn grandchild — or grandchildren, if Kassandra is expecting twins.

“I still call her, so does her brother,” said Marie Smith, her voice breaking.”

Frantic search for pregnant woman who vanished just before her first ultrasound, abandoning her car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState