Identified! WA - Kittitas Co., Female remains near golf course, Sep'10 - Kerry May Hardy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sent an e-mail to Detective Andrea Blume, the Kittitas County Sheriff's Office contact for this case. I indicated that we have been watching the news wires for any updates to this news story, and I asked if the woman still unidentified, and if not, do they still intend to release the facial reconstruction.

She replied as follows:

An updated law enforcement bulletin was created and the media one is being released in the next two days or so.

So keep your eyes out. An update (presumably with a facial reconstruction) is forthcoming.

Thanks for the update, Carl. We will be eagerly waiting the release.

I sent an e-mail to Detective Andrea Blume,
the Kittitas County Sheriff's Office contact for this case. I indicated that we have been watching the news wires for any updates to this news story, and I asked if the woman still unidentified, and if not, do they still intend to release the facial reconstruction.

She replied as follows:

So keep your eyes out. An update (presumably with a facial reconstruction) is forthcoming.

Finally, an update on this case!
Here's the reconstruction.

2535702750045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

Pertinent traits from the article:

between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall
between 19 and 40 years old
likely died from 1960s to the early 1990s
white or Hispanic
ring of 14 karat gold, approximately a size 5 or 6
blue-colored clothing
fairly straight teeth with extensive dental work

Pertinent traits from the article:

between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall
between 19 and 40 years old
likely died from 1960s to the early 1990s
white or Hispanic
ring of 14 karat gold, approximately a size 5 or 6
blue-colored clothing
fairly straight teeth with extensive dental work

I wish that they could narrow down the ranges. That description probably fits 30-40% of the female population in Washington State during that time period.

Browsing through my list, I can come up with several women who kinda look like that reconstruction.

I wish that they could narrow down the ranges. That description probably fits 30-40% of the female population in Washington State during that time period.

Browsing through my list, I can come up with several women who kinda look like that reconstruction.

The dates seem kind of weird, too -- they say she was dead by the 1990's, but then say when the land was cleared in 2002 was a good time to have been buried there? Do they mean she might have been moved? Or that the death might be even more recent?

Yay for the facial reconstruction...as vague as it may be. At least it's something.

I wish we could get more info on the ring. It obviously doesn't have any special distinguishing characteristics, or they would have mentioned it in the reports. But still. Even knowing which finger it was on would help.

I do have another thought, though, and it probably wont have much impact, but I thought I should mention it . Reports say the ring was a size 5 or 6; I wear a 5.5 [on my ring finger],and I'm 5'2" and 107-110 lbs [on a heavy day---and on those heavy days my ring fits quite snugly]. Judging from what I know, a person wearing a 6 would have to be quite slim.

I am just thinking out loud here, but we might be able to estimate a weight range for the UID a bit using the ring size? Or the authorities probably already thought of that, just didn't bother mentioning it...

Yay for the facial reconstruction...as vague as it may be. At least it's something.

I wish we could get more info on the ring. It obviously doesn't have any special distinguishing characteristics, or they would have mentioned it in the reports. But still. Even knowing which finger it was on would help.

I do have another thought, though, and it probably wont have much impact, but I thought I should mention it . Reports say the ring was a size 5 or 6; I wear a 5.5 [on my ring finger],and I'm 5'2" and 107-110 lbs [on a heavy day---and on those heavy days my ring fits quite snugly]. Judging from what I know, a person wearing a 6 would have to be quite slim.

I am just thinking out loud here, but we might be able to estimate a weight range for the UID a bit using the ring size? Or the authorities probably already thought of that, just didn't bother mentioning it...

The KOMO article (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/118461024.html) includes a photo of a ring similar to the one the UID was wearing. It does look like a wedding ring.

Quite a resemblance to Greenman. Sharon Giusti also looks very close.

(As close as you can be to an approximation, anyway :p )

Here's one possibility:

Carol Edwards, missing Seattle 1981 [my rough estimate~50 mi away from Cle Elum]

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/edwards_carol.html
edwards_carol.jpg
2535702750045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
Sharon Giusti, age 20, missing 1963 from Port Townsend WA
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/giusti_sharon.html
giusti_sharon.jpg

similar facial structure
Cherry Ann Greenman
age 20, missing 1976 from Waterville, WA [my est. distance ~60mi]

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/greenman_cherry.html
greenman_cherry.jpg

Slender build?

Of those three, I think Sharon Giusti is the closest. Her chin and jawline don't look quite right, but jawlines and chins look very different depending on head tilt and whether their teeth are clinched.

Carol Edwards' head doesn't appear to be as wide at the temples, and Cherry doesn't appear to have as much forehead.

Based on circumstances plus generally matching the descriptions, Althea Blankenship and Joan Hansen would be the closest. Giusta and Aughe were last seen quite far north, a rather long drive and different direction from Cle Elum. Greenman is also pretty close geographically, and there's something quite similar in the overall faces, even where the details don't seem to match.

Based on circumstances plus generally matching the descriptions, Althea Blankenship and Joan Hansen would be the closest. Giusta and Aughe were last seen quite far north, a rather long drive and different direction from Cle Elum. Greenman is also pretty close geographically, and there's something quite similar in the overall faces, even where the details don't seem to match.

BBM

Aughe's car was found in Eugene OR, so the perp apparently went south from Bellingham, and could have easily taken a detour onto Hwy 82 to dispose of her body

BBM

Aughe's car was found in Eugene OR, so the perp apparently went south from Bellingham, and could have easily taken a detour onto Hwy 82 to dispose of her body

But it says "The United States Customs authorities reported photographing him driving across the border into Canada in Aughe's car." That's why I thought it was the wrong direction.

Looking in adjacent states, Norine Kay Boyd from Rupert, Idaho looks alot like the reconstruction

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyd_norine.html
boyd_norine.jpg

Her circumstances are difficult to square with the location in which Jane Doe was found. But she is about the closest of all of them on facial structure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinK98
Back