WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok they are not giving a name yet, but what I find interesting is the statement below. It appears the man who owns the home was the one questioned, for some reason I would have thought more torwards one of the sons...Perhaps it's just terrible reporting as usal....

Person of interest in girl's disappearance

Investigators now call the man whose home was searched over the weekend in the Lindsay Baum case a person of interest.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=218861

I didn't see the words "the man who owns the home" in that article. I read "the man whose home was searched over the weekend..."

One doesn't have to own a house to call it home. A person could live with family, friends or in a cardboard box and still call it their home. :)

I didn't see the words "the man who owns the home" in that article. I read "the man whose home was searched over the weekend..."

One doesn't have to own a house to call it home. A person could live with family, friends or in a cardboard box and still call it their home. :)

Sorry Jennifer those where my words, I need to go back and clarify....:innocent:

The owner of the property told KIRO 7 reporter Richard Thompson that he’s contacted a lawyer about suing the police and the media, saying they had no right to put the family through the search.

~Snip~

The homeowner of the property said his family has been unfairly targeted in the search, "they didn't find anything here because we didn't do anything to that little girl."

Relatives confirm a man at the house was the focus of the investigation and search. One of his relatives said, "the only reason they were doing this search is, he gave a wrong answer to a question by a detective on the telephone."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=4223361 BBM

The man has now threatened suit against law enforcement for being wrongfully targeted.

Here is where it is being connected that HE is the homeowner, imo.

As she marked three months since her daughter vanished, Melissa Baum of McCleary got a disturbing letter from the state.

She was informed her ex-husband would no longer be required to pay child support for eleven year old Lindsey, because her child hadn't been home for three months.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?sid=218867&nid=11

my hubby listened to the ron and don show today....and MomB contacted ron and don about the letter she got....they in turn got someone from the new's to look into it and they contacted someone in regards to state child support who in turn....got on it.....LOL....hope i made since.....i do not have a link...only the ears of my hubby :)

Sorry Jennifer those where my words, I need to go back and clarify....:innocent:

No problem. I knew what you meant (sorry if I came off harsh, I'm multi tasking so I typed quickly) I just wanted to make sure that other people coming in and reading the information know that they did say the man who lives there.. not the man who owns it. I'd hate to see the noose come out on innocent person (not that that happens here.. but we know others read this forum).

The owner of the property told KIRO 7 reporter Richard Thompson that he’s contacted a lawyer about suing the police and the media, saying they had no right to put the family through the search.

~Snip~

The homeowner of the property said his family has been unfairly targeted in the search, "they didn't find anything here because we didn't do anything to that little girl."

Relatives confirm a man at the house was the focus of the investigation and search. One of his relatives said, "the only reason they were doing this search is, he gave a wrong answer to a question by a detective on the telephone."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=4223361 BBM

Thank you SS...

im curious why they havent released a name yet....could it be because the POI is a minor?

its strange that not even the news has said the name......in other reports of other search's they have brought up the name of the owner house....like the jim guy with the creek....

~Snip~

The man has now threatened suit against law enforcement for being wrongfully targeted.

Here is where it is being connected that HE is the homeowner, imo.

Ok, that makes total sense now.

I wish the media would figure out what they are going to say before they say it. Is the female homeowner married? Maybe her husband was the one doing the speaking and the news people just assumed he was also the owner. Or is his name on the property too maybe?

do they only show a persons name in the booking....when they are being booked on a charge...or would there be a place to look up someone who went in for questioning?

the home owner male.....is upset that LE searched the house

the family say's a male is being questioned
but we know they said all the family had been questioned

but i still havent seen that it is the home owner him self as the POI
it could be another male in the family

it could be either/or
thats how im reading it......but who knows....with so little to go on so far :)

do they only show a persons name in the booking....when they are being booked on a charge...or would there be a place to look up someone who went in for questioning?

The only time anything is entered is when someone is actually arrested and booked.

does anyone know how to get the info once it becomes public on thursaday?
if there is a link could you please post it....cause i do not know how to do that...i always follow others lead :)

i have links to other cases.....just not washingtons :)

There was another 10 year old girl almost taken again today!

I just read that. I'm glad she was able to get to a neighbors house. Hope they find the guy.. sounds like she had a pretty good description of him.

What the H**L is wrong with people ?!
So many pervs coming out of the woodwork...:furious:

Snohomish County is several counties east and north of Grays Harbor County (where McCleary is) but it is still in western Washington, meaning west of the mountain range that divides the state.

some Washington state maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member