WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello NothingNew!

20.gif

On Mon nite I read the second witness said she spotted Lindsey on Maple and 5th. That was news to me, but now reading that blip in the paper that she was last seen in front of the Beehive {is that correct, or something similar} I am thinking the second witnessing was right on. MK only saw her walk to 7th which was our reference point, and I think the second witness and the new link expand that. It might have figured into LE's work-up on presenting probable cause to the Judge. IMO

Early on, LE was saying she was last seen between 5th and 6th on Maple. Here's an early post from the thread for LE quotes only: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Direct Quotes from LE ONLY

SCS, WHAT A HORRIBLE THING that happened to that person!

And yet, on my end of the globe it seems NOTHING is done! We have a house in my area that is known to house meth dealing. It is near a school and the kids go there to get their stuff. EVERYONE KNOWS! And the citizens are having fits about it because nothing is done...because no one has any "proof"...because the kids tell each other but those that have seen it first hand won't tell LE. And we hear that our state's search and seizure laws are one of the strictest in the country!

When I went on my ride-along, the deputy told me that just like anywhere else, there are those who are in it for power and money and those who are in it because they care. It is good that we remember that before we judge anyone in any case.

Glad you brought this up!

If it were me and I was put into what I would consider a witch hunt you bet your behind I would be making legal threats. Impossible to prosecute probably but it would let LE know that I was not going to sit back and let them mess with me or mine without some professional input. What I find odd is that LE disclosed that they took condoms and *advertiser censored* mags from the home. Why was that information disclosed? I read that they have served prior warrants at different homes but I don't recall hearing about what they took away from those houses.

I am not in McCleary so I do not know if this should be called a witch hunt, but you have your opinion. Perhaps it is odd that they stated this about this particular warrant, but it will be offically released to the public tomorrow so everyone interested is going to know. Perhaps we should ask for the release of the other search warrants related to this case, to clear up the "witch hunt" aspect.

LE does not just go pick any Tom, Dick, or Harry to serve a SW on, they have to have enough probable cause before a Judge will even think about it.
As I have said before my prayers go out to this family especially in lew of hearing about the death threats that is quite uncalled for, but LE has a job to do and they will do it.

There is a little girl missing here and her name is Lindsey, if it was your child that was missing would you think this to be a " witch hunt" or a hope to find some answers any answers?

Perhaps instead of doing shout out's and threats, they could take their energy and help dimiss these allegation's and try to help LE find answers. If they have an albi as they state why be so angry ?

It could be very well this family has nothing to do with anything but does that mean someone else did not come on the property and leave something around the abandoned house that might lead to Lindsey ?

JMO of course....

Hi All, I am not taking any sides, or defending anyone one way or another. And I don't post very often, usually just lurk in the corner.

But I do want to relate a story of false accusations and how they can be dangerous and harmful to good innocent citizens.

I was recently involved with a case of "false accusations", whereas LE came storming in, SW's waving in the air, handcuffs slapped on, and person dragged away in front of their family and neighbors, charged with a felony (not murder/SO or a violent felony), thrown in the slammer until bail could be made....all to this person's/familly's/neighbor's bewilderment. This person lost friends/jobs/etc because of this arrest.

Well, after several years (yes, YEARS) of fighting these false charges, this person was fully exonerated, no fault was found, record expunged, and the DA is now deciding whether to press charges against the person(s) who made the false accusations in the first place. Turns out, someone just "had it in" for this person, and happened to be golfing buddies with the signing judge AND the arresting officer -so was able to get a SW signed - on a weekend night, without true "cause" . (Did LE/judge know the "cause" was made up? Who knows...)

Granted now- Where I live, good ol' boys run the roost, and if you are not one of them, well, let's say ya better have a lot of money for a good defense attorney...

Of course, the community/neighbors don't know the whole story, or how it turned out that this person was totally innocent...they only know what they "saw" at the time... cops slapping cuffs on this person and hauling them away...so neighbors figure, "well, they MUST be a BAD person, because LE would never do a SW or bust into a house for no reason, right?"

Well. the answer is: WRONG !!

...I can basically go in to LE, say that my neighbor -(the one I detest, or whose dog barks too much, or whose kids broke my window) - is running a brothel or a drug house, and they will bust in there and have her arrested, and ask questions later. And LE will claim it was to protect the public, or that they had "reliable sources"... whatever. (Trust me, I ran that scenario by a defense lawyer friend of mine, and although he didn't openly agree with me, for good reason of course, I did get a wink and a nod....) Maybe it's just the part of the country I live in, but I don't think so. There are LE everywhere who will act on "false information"... and "pretty" it up for the judge to make sure he signs the SW..

grrrrrrrrrrrrr !! I guess I just truly believe in guilty until PROVEN innocent (by a court of law, or at least by a DA who finally sees through the fabrications...)

But we all know, it is the court of public opinion that does the most harm to innocent citizens....

JMO of course !!

That is bad, but how would LE ever get evidence if they couldn't search unless someone was already found guilty in a court of law? It is sad for the innocently accused that people jump to the conclusion that all POI's are guilty, but I don't see what that fact has to do with a legally executed search.

I do know you are telling the truth, SCSleuther, because those things do happen just as you have described them. However, this is a rather high profile case and LE can't get away with just anything here. They have the FBI actively involved and the FBI is not going to risk their credibility for some "good ole' boy action", imo.

If it were me and I was put into what I would consider a witch hunt you bet your behind I would be making legal threats. Impossible to prosecute probably but it would let LE know that I was not going to sit back and let them mess with me or mine without some professional input. What I find odd is that LE disclosed that they took condoms and *advertiser censored* mags from the home. Why was that information disclosed? I read that they have served prior warrants at different homes but I don't recall hearing about what they took away from those houses.

LE did not disclose this information to the public, the fasmily that recieved the SW disclosed only those items, even though there was alot of other items taken that was not disclosed by the family or the friend of the family that has been posting alot of the info on the other web sites.

Thank you ghost for bringing that to our attention your right LE did not say anything about those articles.

When it comes to first time offenders, I think the arrest of Chris Coleman has baffled me the most. I don't think this man ever even had a speeding ticket in his life and he ends up killing his whole family?

There is no understanding these things. I think that is why we are

here.

OT Isn't he the worst? I have always thought that he cut his hair to a military length so he could portray himself as a soldier - and get sympathy, or use a diagnosis for his defense like PTSD. I wonder what his time in the military was like? I haven't kept up with the case, so if that's already been addressed, sorry.

To be honest, there area lot of things odd about this.

Chief among them (in my mind) the fact that someone in the household of the possible POI shared a copy of the SW and what was listed as taken with someone elsewhere online.

Have we ever had a possible POI disclose a SW online to another individual from a message board before LE released it?

Not in any of the cases I have followed....moo
I wonder what time tommorrow they will release the warrants ? Tap,Tap,Tap....

I am hoping that when they are released tommorrow that it brings in a flood of more tips for Lindsey...:)

Did everyone fall asleep or something?

Just waiting for the warrants JenniferO ... fingers tapping the desk waiting....tap..tap..tap ............

tap....
.............tap
...........................tap

LOL Jenn.....im here....just looking up stuff....want to post.....

there are many waiting for the go ahead :)

^^

Well they are supposedly going to be posted within an hour or two on the other site. So that'll be interesting to see if it indeed happens...

Anyone know what time they are going to release any info? I haven't seen anything in the media about it.

I can't find out online where we can get a copy of it ourselves. Do we have to wait for the 5 oclock news tomorrow?

Some of us passed out holding our breath for the warrants.
This seems so familiar...almost like waiting for a doc dump.

It could be days before we know what is in those things.

Breathe people breathe!!

lol

Nope .. no can breathe .... waiting - wanting to post - can't - this is torture in the extreme.

^^

Well they are supposedly going to be posted within an hour or two on the other site. So that'll be interesting to see if it indeed happens...

Please keep us posted if you read something valuable on the other site.
TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member