WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT; Did anyone catch Nancy Grace tonight? The show or the major portion I listened to was devoted to John & Kate Plus Eight. So many families of Missing Children and Murdered Loved Ones need media attention and she chose to air garbage!!! :(

Lindsey story was on Oprah today.....along with Adam Walsh....

We all can make a difference

Oprah has made it easy for us.....with a letter to print, sign and send ...all the contact info has links....please take a moment and make this happen.... our children need us to do it!

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahsh...adam-walsh-act

Help Get Funding for the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act

The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act was passed on July 25, 2006—20 years after Adam Walsh's abduction. The act established a National Sex Offender Registry law

Act Now!

It's time to bail out our kids. Make your voice heard by imploring your senators and state representatives to comply with Adam's law and give it full funding.

Don't know what to write? Use our sample letter. http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahsh...am-walsh-act/2

To contact your senator: Go to Senate.gov http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

To contact your state representative: Go to House.gov http://www.house.gov/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are parts of the Adam Walsh Law that the sex offenders don't like and consider UNconstitutional. For instance, they don't like to have their sentences extended beyond what the courts ruled. I love our Constitution, but I think the treatment of SO is not strong enough...This is going to the US Supreme Court...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,528093,00.html

The Supreme Court announced Monday it will review a lower court's order that struck down part of a federal law designed to keep sexual deviants locked up beyond their criminal sentences.

The Court's decision will be welcome news to victim's rights advocates and others who supported the 2006 law known as the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. A provision of that law allowed federal prosecutors to seek court-ordered "civil commitment" of sex offenders whose criminal sentences were about to end.

Earlier this year, a three judge appeals court panel in Richmond, Va. unanimously ruled that part of the law unconstitutional. They concluded the Constitution doesn't allow the government to confine someone simply because it believes the person is sexually dangerous.

They said the government "has no unexhausted power to prosecute a former federal prisoner simply because he could violate [a law]; any person could violate federal law."

In asking the Supreme Court to take the case, Solicitor General Elena Kagan defended the "important act of Congress" designed to protect Americans from people who are "sexually dangerous to others." She argues the law is necessary and appropriate.

There are parts of the Adam Walsh Law that the sex offenders don't like and consider UNconstitutional. For instance, they don't like to have their sentences extended beyond what the courts ruled. I love our Constitution, but I think the treatment of SO is not strong enough...This is going to the US Supreme Court...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,528093,00.html

The Supreme Court announced Monday it will review a lower court's order that struck down part of a federal law designed to keep sexual deviants locked up beyond their criminal sentences.

The Court's decision will be welcome news to victim's rights advocates and others who supported the 2006 law known as the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. A provision of that law allowed federal prosecutors to seek court-ordered "civil commitment" of sex offenders whose criminal sentences were about to end.

Earlier this year, a three judge appeals court panel in Richmond, Va. unanimously ruled that part of the law unconstitutional. They concluded the Constitution doesn't allow the government to confine someone simply because it believes the person is sexually dangerous.

They said the government "has no unexhausted power to prosecute a former federal prisoner simply because he could violate [a law]; any person could violate federal law."

In asking the Supreme Court to take the case, Solicitor General Elena Kagan defended the "important act of Congress" designed to protect Americans from people who are "sexually dangerous to others." She argues the law is necessary and appropriate.

Thanks Eyes, I would think since there is no cure for these people, that would be extenuating circumstances the Supreme Court would look at and consider. I mean they would rue the day any SO would take one of their grandchildren and rape and murder them and leave them off an old logging road in some overgrown forest!

Sorry, but it does upset me. I heard a pedo once on TV who said he was cured. He said yes, he has the thoughts all the time and has not acted on them. Ya sure ya bet cha, like it is so simple to explain away. It is like one of life's worst sentences for destruction IMO.

While watching Oprah for Lindsey's case today, what Morgan Nick's mother said really hit me hard. This isn't a direct quote, but the main idea...

I absolutely refuse to believe that Elizabeth Smart, Shawn Hornbeck, and Jaycee Dugard are the only children to survive a stranger abduction. There are more children out there, alive, just waiting to be rescued.

Let's bring them home.

While watching Oprah for Lindsey's case today, what Morgan Nick's mother said really hit me hard. This isn't a direct quote, but the main idea...

I absolutely refuse to believe that Elizabeth Smart, Shawn Hornbeck, and Jaycee Dugard are the only children to survive a stranger abduction. There are more children out there, alive, just waiting to be rescued.

Let's bring them home.

Thanks for those inspiring words Idaho. She forgot the little cutie pie this summer who was driven across the country and ended up at the rehab ranch where they grew the avocados. ;} Another miracle. xox

Thanks Eyes, I would think since there is no cure for these people, that would be extenuating circumstances the Supreme Court would look at and consider. I mean they would rue the day any SO would take one of their grandchildren and rape and murder them and leave them off an old logging road in some overgrown forest!

Sorry, but it does upset me. I heard a pedo once on TV who said he was cured. He said yes, he has the thoughts all the time and has not acted on them. Ya sure ya bet cha, like it is so simple to explain away. It is like one of life's worst sentences for destruction IMO.

scandi - forget about a cure - there isn't even a treatment. I can't think of a single thing approved or unapproved that would do away with the child fantasies or compulsions. the SO are saying the sex offender registry is against the Constitution - I say, so is raping and murdering children. Let's not let the SO win - write your Congress Person. Use the links TakeNote put up. TIA everyone.

ETA: I take that back - I can think of one thing....a lobotomy - anyone around who does them?

There's a missing pilot from Washington, and they've just shifted the search to Gray's Harbor County. I hope they find the pilot, but I also hope this large search might help to find Lindsey.
The search for missing pilot Gordon Last of Lake Roesiger has shifted from Snohomish County to Grays Harbor County.
Air search-and-rescue teams are moving to the Olympia Airport this morning to resume the search for Last and his Taylorcraft two-seat airplane. Previously, the search had been based out of the Arlington Municipal Airport.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/theblotter/2010063594_search_for_missing_pilot_shift.html

There's a missing pilot from Washington, and they've just shifted the search to Gray's Harbor County. I hope they find the pilot, but I also hope this large search might help to find Lindsey.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/theblotter/2010063594_search_for_missing_pilot_shift.html

I was just reading about this.

I wonder if they are going to postpone any air searching they had planned. We are in the middle of a huge storm right now. I can't see them flying in this weather (but what do I know.. I don't even like flying when the weather is "perfect" lol)

I was just reading about this.

I wonder if they are going to postpone any air searching they had planned. We are in the middle of a huge storm right now. I can't see them flying in this weather (but what do I know.. I don't even like flying when the weather is "perfect" lol)

Wow. I hate to say maybe this is the break we need... but maybe this is the break we need.

I recall the Astro's saying something quite some time ago about how important information will come "from the cold blue air".

Dear God, While this is potentially such a tragedy for another family, please let this be a prayer answered and a blessing in helping Lindsey's family to find her.

sorry to bring this question over form another thread but it's really been bugging me.
elpher50 wrote in the thread "is there a connection to Nancy Moyer's disappearance?"
"Not sure but wouldn't discount anything at this point. There are actually three cases that form a sort of triangle and I will explain somewhat via some snags that I have. They may not be related but maybe we can take a quick look for any similarities or patterns."
the image says "Unidentified young female" just trying to determine what about the unidentified young female? Abducted? UID? attached the image below if anyone can help.

Attachments

• Triangle%20of%20three.JPG
    Triangle%20of%20three.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 43
sorry to bring this question over form another thread but it's really been bugging me.
elpher50 wrote in the thread "is there a connection to Nancy Moyer's disappearance?"
"Not sure but wouldn't discount anything at this point. There are actually three cases that form a sort of triangle and I will explain somewhat via some snags that I have. They may not be related but maybe we can take a quick look for any similarities or patterns."
the image says "Unidentified young female" just trying to determine what about the unidentified young female? Abducted? UID? attached the image below if anyone can help.

Thanks for the map - If that's the workings of a serial murderer, the spacing in the triangle almost predicts where he would strike next. I wonder if 'unidentified' refers to an unclaimed body or remains beyond recognition. forensics may have determined it is a young female, and that's it. I'm terrible with maps but wonder how far California is from these spots - the disappearance of 14yo Amber Dubois is as mysterious as Lindsy's disappearance. Hopefully we find out who the unidentified young female is - it could be one of many missing girls.

Back in the early days and weeks of the search for Lindsey, there seemed to have been a lot of questions and concerns about the small footbridge closest to Lindsey's home.

IIRC the bridge was searched multiple times, and with the heavy growth of plants under it, ruled out as a possibility. Please pardon me however for suggesting we think this through again... because we can always learn something new from one case to the next.

As we have just learned from the tragic case of toddler Aisling Symes in NZ this week -- whose body was found lodged deep inside a very small storm drain (~15 inch dia.) which was clogged with tree roots -- the force of moving water can transport a body into unimaginable locations.

Prior searches for Aisling that included underwater cameras inside the drainpipes were not successful. The search efforts were then focused on a possible abduction. But a few days later LE decided to check the storm drain again... for the 5th time...

They finally found her body inside the underground drainpipe 36 meters (~ 118 feet) away from the nearest manhole cover.

our thread about Aisling:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90047&highlight=aisling+symes&page=3
R.I.P. Aisling Symes

~~~

Please now consider this startling fact:
snipped from wiki answers:

Q: How much does 1 cubic meter of water weigh?

A: A cubic meter of pure water at four degrees Celsius weighs 1,000 kilograms, or one tonne (a metric ton). The temperature of the water is significant because the density of water varies with temperature. It is at its densest at four degrees Celsius.

One thousand kilograms is equivalent to 2,204.6 pounds (lb).

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_d...of_water_weigh

---

One cubic meter of water is a relatively small amount. Then to consider this much weight moving rapidly (i.e. toward a storm drain) is rather frightening. Then to consider the drains in McCleary were being flushed this summer... and all the rainfall...

I wish someone with the proper equipment and expertise
could check this footbridge and some of the storm drains
in McCleary - again.

MB's words haunt me a little... she often speaks from her motherly intuition...

“I feel like she’s right under my nose and I can’t find her.”

--quote snipped from--- article Sunday August 2, 2009
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/08/02/local_news/doc4a75285b085b5140001671.prt

Thanks for the map - If that's the workings of a serial murderer, the spacing in the triangle almost predicts where he would strike next. I wonder if 'unidentified' refers to an unclaimed body or remains beyond recognition. forensics may have determined it is a young female, and that's it. I'm terrible with maps but wonder how far California is from these spots - the disappearance of 14yo Amber Dubois is as mysterious as Lindsy's disappearance. Hopefully we find out who the unidentified young female is - it could be one of many missing girls.

Checking in on Lindsey's thread for any news - been out of commission for a few days with a cold- and noticed this. The unidentified female was burned but her face was still recognizable - she has not been identified that I know of. There was also a couple pieces of jewellery recovered. This was in Yakima. Here is the information that I was able to snag for the unidentified female. Here is a link to AMW with information:
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=53424

Attachments

• Yakima Homicide Unsolved.jpg
    Yakima Homicide Unsolved.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 18
Back in the early days and weeks of the search for Lindsey, there seemed to have been a lot of questions and concerns about the small footbridge closest to Lindsey's home.

IIRC the bridge was searched multiple times, and with the heavy growth of plants under it, ruled out as a possibility. Please pardon me however for suggesting we think this through again... because we can always learn something new from one case to the next.

I wish someone with the proper equipment and expertise
could check this footbridge and some of the storm drains
in McCleary - again.

MB's words haunt me a little... she often speaks from her motherly intuition...

“I feel like she’s right under my nose and I can’t find her.”

--quote snipped from--- article Sunday August 2, 2009
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/08/02/local_news/doc4a75285b085b5140001671.prt

Respectfully snipped by me: Seriously Searching (who has been notably absent of late) was very interested in the foot bridge in all ways = over, under, around. I don't know how many times it has been searched but it sure wouldn't hurt to go back through that area = under and around and follow the source of the water...one never knows.

Checking in on Lindsey's thread for any news - been out of commission for a few days with a cold- and noticed this. The unidentified female was burned but her face was still recognizable - she has not been identified that I know of. There was also a couple pieces of jewellery recovered. This was in Yakima. Here is the information that I was able to snag for the unidentified female. Here is a link to AMW with information:
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=53424

Sorry you were out of commission elpher50 - hope you're feeling much better!

This young girl, 14-17yo, was found Sept. 17, 2007. She had been set on fire...and not identified...nor was she reported missing in that area. My gosh, what a tragic ending to a young life! Even if she is from out of state, you would think someone would have reported her missing - seems only one person knows for sure that she's gone. And sadly, I bet he is still walking around!

A weekly thank you locals and other. I humbly applaud your continued efforts to keep Lindsey's hope alive. I am embarrassed that I am not able to offer anything, and am so thankful that you keep her from falling completely away.

just want to encourage everyone to come out and help search this weekend! lots of places still to look! thanks everyone for your continued support!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow