WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of Lindsey today, wearing my hot pink "Bring Lindsey Home" bracelet.

She disappeared on my birthday. I was having a wonderful time that day back in 2009. In contrast, Melissa had just begin the journey that is every Mother's worst nightmare. My thoughts and prayers are with her and JB. This Sunday is a time to remember Lindsey and her family. She would be 13 on July 7th this year.

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s office has announced that thanks to anonymous donations, they are increasing the reward for information leading to Lindsey’s whereabouts to $35,000.

... The task force maintains an office in McCleary and continues to follow-up on tips and leads. GTI Trucking has again placed the trailer bearing Lindsey’s image in McCleary in hopes of keeping her story alive in the minds of the residents of her home town.

More info from a KXRO story

Many were asking if we were doing anything special today.

We kept it low key for personal reasons. We needed a time to ourselves to reflect on the past 2 years. Doesn't mean we didn't want others around or that we don't appreciate everyones support.. we appreciate everything everyone does. We just needed today for us...

A small group of us got together at about 2 pm at Beerbower park in McCleary wearing new shirts.. we wrote messages on red balloons and let them go, said a prayer and made plans for a little bit larger event we are planning for Lindseys birthday.

On July 7th, Lindsey will be having a birthday and in her honor we are planting a tree and having a plaque placed in the ground at Beerbower park.. to show that Lindsey is not forgotten. If anyone would like to join us you are welcome to. I will update with a time (it will be in the evening, just not sure on the time) as soon as I know it.

Komo 4 news was in McCleary today so there should be something on their website later.

Pictures from today can be found on my Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150655756215581.693575.822775580

Thank you for sharing that JenO.

They did a quick recap of the case.

Lindsey's mom saying that she will never stop looking for her.

FBI Seattle representative there to talk about the search for Lindsey. Talking about the task force and amount of people working on the case. Still an active investigation.

They showed the surveillance video from the gas station. Mentioning the people that they haven't talked to that are seen in the video. They want them to come forward.

They talked about physical searches. Searches in 2010 were a great example of "cooperation" from local property owners, work crew, etc.

Two year anniversary - it does have meaning, but "every day is anguish" for those close to the case.

$35,000 reward. Tip Line - 866-915-8299 - Please call, even with the smallest details.

I've got nothing but this observation. There is Lindsey Baum missing two years from Grays Harbor Sheriffs jurisdiction,Nancy Moyer missing two years from Thurston county Sheriffs jurisdiction,Kyle Hormon missing a year from Clark County Sheriffs jurisdiction and Kayla Price (?) (sorry but theres so little put out on this case I'm not sure of her name) last seen in Cowlitz county over a year ago,but listed as a resident of Lewis county sheriffs jurisdiction.
And no news on any of these cases. Whats going on with local law agencies? I gotta wonder.

They did a quick recap of the case.

Lindsey's mom saying that she will never stop looking for her.

FBI Seattle representative there to talk about the search for Lindsey. Talking about the task force and amount of people working on the case. Still an active investigation.

They showed the surveillance video from the gas station. Mentioning the people that they haven't talked to that are seen in the video. They want them to come forward.

They talked about physical searches. Searches in 2010 were a great example of "cooperation" from local property owners, work crew, etc.

Two year anniversary - it does have meaning, but "every day is anguish" for those close to the case.

$35,000 reward. Tip Line - 866-915-8299 - Please call, even with the smallest details.

Thank you

I've got nothing but this observation. There is Lindsey Baum missing two years from Grays Harbor Sheriffs jurisdiction,Nancy Moyer missing two years from Thurston county Sheriffs jurisdiction,Kyle Hormon missing a year from Clark County Sheriffs jurisdiction and Kayla Price (?) (sorry but theres so little put out on this case I'm not sure of her name) last seen in Cowlitz county over a year ago,but listed as a resident of Lewis county sheriffs jurisdiction.
And no news on any of these cases. Whats going on with local law agencies? I gotta wonder.

Kayla Croft

This doesn't have anything to do with Lindseys case directly. But I just need to share this info because it hits close to home. Mods feel free to delete it if it's against the rules.

My best friend lives in Salem Oregon, yesterday her 16 year old daughter (although media lists her as 15--she'll be 17 in August) was approached by three men and told to get into their car. She did the right thing and found a police officer and most likely saved her life.

http://salem.katu.com/news/crime/po...ved-her-becoming-crime-victim/441591#comments

So glad the Salem girl is okay.

I wonder how much human trafficking is going on in Washington and Oregon, I have a feeling a lot more is happening than the public knows. Some of the luring cases in Thurston county also sound like possible trafficking attempts.

"Sometimes gang members are passing through to the beach and sometimes kids are copying tags (grafitti) they see," Menefee added. "Our suspicion is there is a growing presence of gangs in the area and we are seeing some of that evidence.

Torgerson noted that drug dealing organizations are inherently gang organizations.

Quotes from Local officials curious about extent of gang activity
Daily World, The (Aberdeen, WA) - Sunday, June 12, 2011
BY STEVEN FRIEDERICH

Daily World newspaper web site is paid access only so I can't provide web link. I wanted to add this in since it gives some background to the region we are working in. McCleary is a town that a lot of folks travel through especially during the summer months, on their way to and from the ocean beaches and forest.

Personally I still wonder about DG and his local area friends.

Thursday July 7th at 6:30pm at Beerbower park we will be planting a tree (picture of tree can be found here) and placing a plaque (posted below) for Lindseys 13th birthday.

plaqueh.jpg

Cake and ice cream will be served.

Feel free to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads