WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of Lindsey today.. Just want to let her know I haven't forgotten her. She is very much in my thoughts. I am hoping and praying, that LE will make another statement, updating where they are at on this case. Whether they have decreased the number of possible POI's and are getting closer to finding lindsey. Have the area's of searching decreased in frequency. Is Lindsey becoming a cold case. Sigh... Lindsey you are missed and loved hoping your home soon..

Upcoming activities/fundraisers for Lindsey

October 9th -- Rutledge Farm
http://www.rutledgecornmaze.com/events.php
KIDS DAY!
Join us for kids day! Kids half price!
Free child identity kits, fire truck, police car, Hands on Childrens Museum, face painting and lots more fun!

November 6 · 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Find Lindsey Baum Fundraising Event
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=151248194911723
Jake's on 4th - Olympia, WA
311 4th Avenue

November 12th and 13th
Find Lindsey Baum Fundraising event
The band GRINDER will be playing at the South Pacific Restaurant in Tumwater.

I will post more information when I get it. Just wanted to give the locals a head up so they can join us. :)

The November 12 and 13th Fundraiser event at the South Pacific Restaurant has been canceled.

i heard a rumor that there was another search warrent issued possibly today? does anyone know about this????? someone from core perhaps?

I've heard they are doing searches (of the woods) again (with prisoners like they did before) in the McCleary area but I haven't heard of any search warrants being issued.

Police investigating attempted luring

Submitted by Martha Kang, KOMO News Web Staff
Wednesday, October 6th, 07:22pm

Police here are investigating an attempted luring of an eighth-grade girl on Wednesday morning.

Puyallup School District officials said the girl was approached while walking to her bus stop at 58th Avenue East And 128 Street East.

Two men driving a white minivan tried to pick up the girl, school officials said, and when she refused, they got out of their car and began chasing her.

The girl managed to get away and alert authorities.

Puyallup is about 53 miles from McCleary.

Wow, that's a scary one. Two men? And they chased her? That's more than a perv looking for thrills.

Another luring attempt, hopefully they catch the perp soon. These events make me wonder if human trafficking is involved, and if this is related to Lindsey's disappearance.

Man Tries To Abduct 2 Children Outside South Hill Schools

SOUTH HILL, Wash. -- The Pierce County Sheriff's Department is looking for a man who they said tried to abduct two kids at two South Hill schools on Wednesday.

Deputies said the man tried to lure a girl at Ballou Junior High School and tried to lure another at nearby Firgrove Elementary.

In the incident at Ballou Junior High, a man in a white van or Jeep Liberty offered a girl walking home a ride, investigators said. When she said no, the man answered, "Well, how about if I just kidnap you?" The girl ran away.

Deputies said the same man tried to lure a boy behind one of the portable classrooms at Firgrove Elementary. Again, the would-be victim ran home.

"We do have a person of interest. We're taking a strong look at him, so hopefully we'll have this taken care of quickly," said Detective Ed Troyer of the Pierce County Sheriff's Department.

I understand the second instance (as they claim to have a suspect in their sites); but I wonder why no description of the two men in the white van?

Are there any other stories about this incident giving more detail?

I understand the second instance (as they claim to have a suspect in their sites); but I wonder why no description of the two men in the white van?

Are there any other stories about this incident giving more detail?
I don't see much description in the news yet. Apparently in Puyallup there are two child luring attempt cases and police are investigating to see if they are connected. I've not yet found description of the two man team yet. The other case involved a man about "35 or 40-years-old".

Now I do see a very brief description of the two man team "The men are described as Hispanic and were in a white minivan."

I wonder if the notices sent to parents gave more detail.

A great big thank you to Scott and Bob of RPM (Real Performance Mustangs) for their participation in this years Fireball Run!
You can read the story, see pictures and watch the video here

You can also find more information on their Facebook page

Find Lindsey Baum Fundraising Event

Jakes on 4th Avenue
Event
For Lindsey Baum
all proceeds go to the search fund
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 6TH 2010, 7-9PM
$8.00

Jakes on 4th Ave is a bar and this is a drag show, so you must be 21 years old to attend.

For more information, please contact Marlayna McBride @ Marlayna_McBride@msn.com

You can also read more here

Products for sale to help raise money for Lindseys searches. (assorted shirts, an angel pin, bracelets)

We are currently working on raising money to bring a blood hound in.

If you are interested in helping please go here for more information

Products for sale to help raise money for Lindseys searches. (assorted shirts, an angel pin, bracelets)

We are currently working on raising money to bring a blood hound in.

If you are interested in helping please go here for more information

Have you considered contacting Mike Jollie and their bloodhound Red? They are the ones that searched for Dwight in Bellingham. They claim to work at no cost and ask only that their expenses (lodging, travel, etc.) be paid. Or maybe they're the ones you're already looking at. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

A forensic anthropologist from the Armed Forces Medical Services Office is expected to arrive Friday, Piek said. The anthropologist will remove the skull and other items located during the search.

Until police are able to do forensic testing, they won't know the age, race or gender of the person the skull belongs to or how long it's been there.

The military is heading the investigation.

Looks like we won't hear anything until at least tomorrow.

Skull Found Near Joint Base Lewis-McChord

Saw this posted on the Nancy Moyer thread. Human skull found on Lewis-McChord near the training center; no age or gender yet. http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crim...-human-skull-was-discovered-at-lewis-mcchord/

Not far away at all.

From McCleary to the east gate of the base is almost 50 miles. Not saying this couldn't be Lindsey, but I think it's more likely someone from Puyallup or Tacoma. Another thought: Nancy Moyer went missing about 20 miles away from this find, right up HWY 507.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...919317,-122.690506&spn=0.148203,0.441513&z=11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18