WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your post on back, very much. After I wrote it I realized that of course I sorta don't know what I'm talking about, in that I wasn't there. I can see both sides of this too. I feel for everyone involved.

Thank you also for all the work you and others continue to do.

Sarah, I really appreciate your post. Well thought out and well said. I completely agree with you.

Sadly, the FD gave the media a different reason why they aren't doing this than they gave us. I wasn't there when the FD told MB they couldn't do anything on Saturday night but I've talked to 2 different people about it and their version is the same as MBs.
I see both sides of this.. I'm not angry that the FD won't do this, I'm angry because one, they gave us a lame excuse and two, they changed their story. I guess it's human nature to cover your a$$ and that's what they have done.
That is fine. We will move on, have our vigil for Lindsey and continue to work on bringing her home.

A large Lindsey poster is down the street on the side of a truck container. The Lindsey Baum task force meeting space is across the street. The candy canes on the tree here at the Rain Country restaurant look to very well have Lindsey info on them. I know that there are posters all around town to help spread the word.

I know when I go in to Olympia there will be reminders many places too. I know that dedicated LE and volunteers are never going to give up.

This is the holiday season and I know that many of us would give up all our presents and holiday dinners if we could just have Lindsey back home.

I don't understand a world where this could happen, where it happens often. And I am so thankful to everyone working to make things right.

I can't attend the vigil but I'll attend in my own way. Maybe folks who can't attend could light a candle at home and send prayers and best wishes.

Ken Schram: This should never become old news

If your 12-year-old daughter suddenly vanished, how long would it take for you to shrug your shoulders and move on with an "Oh well?"

For Melissa Baum, it's been 18 months since her daughter Lindsey disappeared and she's not about to just forget about her.

For others, trying to help find the missing girl has become an inconvenient conflict with tradition.

More: http://www.komonews.com/opinion/kenschram/112079054.html

I would assume that everyone in McCleary is familiar with Lindsey Baum and what happened to her so I don't see how candy canes and a banner during the local Christmas parade would help bring in tips. I think it would be a better idea to get Lindsey's story out to people in the rest of Washington (like Spokane area) plus other neighboring states like Oregon and Idaho and even Canada. It doesn't even have to be through a parade; it could just be getting Lindsey the local news out in those areas. I don't think this case got a lot of national attention but I'm not sure about regional attention.

I would assume that everyone in McCleary is familiar with Lindsey Baum and what happened to her so I don't see how candy canes and a banner during the local Christmas parade would help bring in tips. I think it would be a better idea to get Lindsey's story out to people in the rest of Washington (like Spokane area) plus other neighboring states like Oregon and Idaho and even Canada. It doesn't even have to be through a parade; it could just be getting Lindsey the local news out in those areas. I don't think this case got a lot of national attention but I'm not sure about regional attention.

We (I'm speaking for MB and myself, if the rest of the group feels this way they can say so for themselves) feel it would help getting Lindseys face into every home in McCleary for the simple fact that many of us feel that someone in McCleary knows something (whether they realize it or not) and it's possible that a little reminder could bring in that one tip that could break this case.
Maybe there is a wife out there who thinks her husband had something to do with it, or maybe a mother who thinks her son was involved. These people need to be reminded that someones loved one is gone. Passing a flier at the local restaurant doesn't stir the emotions of guilt quite like having that picture sitting on your coffee table at Christmas time, right?

Lindsey has been on Nancy Grace, Oprah did a segment, she was on People magazine. Yes, I agree she needs coverage EVERYWHERE (just like every other missing person does). But we feel that the key to unlock Lindseys case is sitting in McCleary and noone has noticed it--yet.

Our new motto in our quest to find Lindsey is "Break the silence".
No one will ever convince me that someone in McCleary (or very nearby) doesn't know something or may have a key piece of information.

Until Lindsey is home.. we will continue to bombard McCleary with her face whether we get the locals support or not.

We (I'm speaking for MB and myself, if the rest of the group feels this way they can say so for themselves) feel it would help getting Lindseys face into every home in McCleary for the simple fact that many of us feel that someone in McCleary knows something (whether they realize it or not) and it's possible that a little reminder could bring in that one tip that could break this case.
Maybe there is a wife out there who thinks her husband had something to do with it, or maybe a mother who thinks her son was involved. These people need to be reminded that someones loved one is gone. Passing a flier at the local restaurant doesn't stir the emotions of guilt quite like having that picture sitting on your coffee table at Christmas time, right?

Lindsey has been on Nancy Grace, Oprah did a segment, she was on People magazine. Yes, I agree she needs coverage EVERYWHERE (just like every other missing person does). But we feel that the key to unlock Lindseys case is sitting in McCleary and noone has noticed it--yet.

No one will ever convince me that someone in McCleary (or very nearby) doesn't know something or may have a key piece of information.

Until Lindsey is home.. we will continue to bombard McCleary with her face whether we get the locals support or not.

Bow down to you.....over and over :)

Ha! Nice Av Breanna. ;-)

\

Hi Jennifer, Is the FBI still involved in the investigation?

I can not understand why LE doesn't give out a well imparted piece of info to try and entice the perp/s to make a move.

Are they just twiddling their thumbs or eating too many donuts? It makes one wanna shout to high heavens !!!

xox

scandi, as far as I know the FBI is still involved. To what extent, I have no idea. You know about as much as I do. :(

I also think it is of utmost importance to keep Lindsey in the forefront in McCleary. I agree with you JenniferO - most likely someone in the area knows what happened. They need to know that THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY!

It has gone away in the Wix case and those who are suspect are just kicking back now with a sigh of relief that it is "over". :furious:

ALSO, when Leah Freeman's case was brought back in the face of the town government in Coquille, it ended up in an arrest!!! The town MUST rally behind Lindsey until her case is solved!

I also think it is of utmost importance to keep Lindsey in the forefront in McCleary. I agree with you JenniferO - most likely someone in the area knows what happened. They need to know that THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY!

It has gone away in the Wix case and those who are suspect are just kicking back now with a sigh of relief that it is "over". :furious:

ALSO, when Leah Freeman's case was brought back in the face of the town government in Coquille, it ended up in an arrest!!! The town MUST rally behind Lindsey until her case is solved!

This is EXACTLY why it is needed for McCleary to stop the BS and get behind Melissa.
But there's a lot of hard feelings in that town no doubt.
People were investigated. I guess I might be pissed too, but really? REALLY? Some one of them have a clue.

They need to stop trying to make this go away and face it head on.

Sure, she could have been taken by someone passing through town, or maybe one of the Twilight characters, or ran away.
But most likely someone in that little town knows.

Good comparisons to the Wix case, and the Freeman case.
Except the Freeman case got a sheriff who was willing to look into the dirty secrets file.

(also both those cases are in our case archive albums at crankycrankerson)

I have seen the task force meeting space downtown McCleary in use relatively recently by various LE including FBI and Rick Scott of Grays Harbor County. Good sized gathering, files or something wheeled in.

My guess from my vantage point across the street at the Rain County restaurant was that this was a scheduled meeting, some folks had coffee in hand as they arrived, my personal sense of the general vibes was that people were professional and serious. Not solemn or anxious or anything like that - just real professionals on the job.

In my limited experience many residents do care greatly about Lindsey. I think a lot of times those aren't the people we are going to hear about - we will hear more about people who are mean and cruel.

I hope someone finally steps forward, soon. If someone local knows anything, I hope they start talking.

Winter vigil
December 18, 2010

16483413815719599431851.jpg

16328713815681598481851.jpg

1218101617b.jpg

I just don't feel this case has gotten the coverage it needs from the very beginning...I mean where were the news conferences...gone with out a trace and they have absolutely nothing to share with us, that mite shake someones memory...or help someone questioning someone they know to make a cross over into yes this is vital to share...Not just in my head kind of thing...or how about the results to all the evidence they took from 2 individual houses...anything there to impart or clear up for all of us.....Just boggles my mind, hurts my heart, and pisses me off.....I just am not completely convinced everything being done is all there is too be done~~~!!! and with out further input from law enforcement about how they are working this case, where they are headed, what they think happened I will continue to feel this way!!! I want justice for Lindsey, I want her mother to have the answers she needs to heal or to get her daughter back...for all of us I seek answers.....It boarders on weird/mysterious how this case seems to be just so damn quiet as to make you wonder if someone has covered everything up so well as to get away with the perfect crime or on purpose... Can't put my finger fully on it and if I am out of line I am sorry...just the feeling I have.....

I pray you'll be found soon, Lindsey! We have not forgotten you! :heartluv:

Thinking of you this holiday season and hoping and Praying that soon you will be found.. Merry Christmas Lindsey..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444