WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome SS. I think this young lady had a fairly large social circle now that I look at it.

Then include the internet, which might not just be her social networking sites. Kids can go to specific websites and play games and communicate with one another that way. Not all websites have measures in place to protect minors from predators that may access those game sites and etc..

I want to have a look at that one site, just out of curiousity that Lindsey was banned by her Mother from because of some such reason...virus infection on computer? ...something like that. I just want to know how that website set up...or if it's an application how it is set up for communication between players...if there are players. KWIM?

ETA but I can't remember the name LOL I"ll have to go find it.

It was YoVille Kat. You can get the game application on MySpace and Facebook.

http://www.yoville.com/

ETA: Jennifer beat me to it. ;)

I didn't read about a web site her mother banned so I am no help there.

This child reminds me a lot of Sandra Cantu. Sandra knew everyone and frequently made the rounds to visit other people. She was very social and in the end it was what made her so accessible to that monster.

I still cannot reconcile why if Lindsey had a cell phone she did not pick up the phone and call to see if she could spend the night at K's house. Maybe it was out of boredom that she wanted to walk there, but why not call first? If she was allowed, it would save her a trip to gather her things. I just do not get it.

SS, hope you can help me out. I'm still confused as several articles I've read said it was the reverse, per M. Baum, that Lindsey went to K's to see if K could stay overnight at Lindsey's.

I haven't seen an article saying it was the other way around.

In which case, not having clothes with her makes sense?

Look at it this way, SS: Could you list more than 115 stranger abductions of children that you know of for the past year? (Remember, this doesn't include abductions by parents or family friends or nannies :rolleyes: or even acquaintances.)
The problem as I see it is when you look on the given missing person sites, LE's missing person's sections, and others...you can find many, many more than 115 abductions a year which are uncertain as to the perp. Are they including these? Or do they only include the ones known to be strangers?

I didn't read about a web site her mother banned so I am no help there.

This child reminds me a lot of Sandra Cantu. Sandra knew everyone and frequently made the rounds to visit other people. She was very social and in the end it was what made her so accessible to that monster.

I still cannot reconcile why if Lindsey had a cell phone she did not pick up the phone and call to see if she could spend the night at K's house. Maybe it was out of boredom that she wanted to walk there, but why not call first? If she was allowed, it would save her a trip to gather her things. I just do not get it.

I thought she originally started out to see if K could spend the night at her house, and then when she couldn't, the girls asked if Lindsey could stay at K's house. That's why I haven't been thinking that she had arranged to meet anyone that night (unless the arrangements were made at K's house, after plans had changed.)

She reminds me of Sandra Cantu, too. Sigh. I just hope she ran away. I'm starting to dread checking this thread.

I was standing on 10th & 4th when that picture was taken.

Google calls it Simpson Alley W/10th (i'd referred to it as a paved alley earlier) - You'll notice the line doesn't go all the way through on the google version - If you look closely @ Bing it doesn't even name the street.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...16,-123.266237&spn=0.003348,0.006899&t=h&z=17

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9eXAuM...lMzMuNzk3NDA4NzY3NTcyNSU3ZS0xNDguMDk1NzAzMTI1

Ok, I see what you are saying.
I need to run to McCleary and check this out in person. Google maps sucks in our area. Like I posted last night it has my location two blocks away from my actual location. I have found that a lot when I'm looking for a specific area in our county. I think Google did a half *advertiser censored* job at putting the info in for smaller rural areas.

SS, hope you can help me out. I'm still confused as several articles I've read said it was the reverse, per M. Baum, that Lindsey went to K's to see if K could stay overnight at Lindsey's.

I haven't seen an article saying it was the other way around.

In which case, not having clothes with her makes sense?
Maybe I am the one confused having jumped in late on this case, but I thought Lindsey wanted to stay at her house and was turned down.

It still doesn't explain why she didn't just pick up the phone and call her tho. Either way, it would have saved her the trip. If they have internet service, they most likely have either a cell phone or a land line.

Yeah it is really confusing & the maps at certain points are way off. When i walked down that road it was obvious it was originally an alley, that'd just been paved.

I thought she originally started out to see if K could spend the night at her house, and then when she couldn't, the girls asked if Lindsey could stay at K's house. That's why I haven't been thinking that she had arranged to meet anyone that night (unless the arrangements were made at K's house, after plans had changed.)

She reminds me of Sandra Cantu, too. Sigh. I just hope she ran away. I'm starting to dread checking this thread.
Unfortunately, I don't see her running away. :(

How do we know if the girls were not planning on meeting someone together that night? Maybe her friend isn't telling everything she knows or maybe Lindsey didn't tell her the plans. Did Lindsey ever sneak out of the house at night? She does appear to be a handful for her mother.

Altho, I do think it is certainly possible there was a conversation at that house to draw her away to another location.

Maybe I am the one confused having jumped in late on this case, but I thought Lindsey wanted to stay at her house and was turned down.

It still doesn't explain why she didn't just pick up the phone and call her tho. Either way, it would have saved her the trip. If they have internet service, they most likely have either a cell phone or a land line.

I will see if I can find a link (I've read so much over the past few days I can't remember where I found it) that someone said that they wanted K to spend the night at L's house. They walked to K's house and KK said no because they had plans on Saturday. So L went home.

Ok, I see what you are saying.
I need to run to McCleary and check this out in person. Google maps sucks in our area. Like I posted last night it has my location two blocks away from my actual location. I have found that a lot when I'm looking for a specific area in our county. I think Google did a half *advertiser censored* job at putting the info in for smaller rural areas.

This starting point is actually accurate:

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9eXAuN...wNDI1MjE3ODc1NTg0JTdlLTEyMy4yOTgzNTg5MTcyMzY=

- What's not accurate though is it potrays 8th & 9th as running through to Maple which they do NOT

Throwing a curve ball here.... What if or Could the father ,since he is being deployed to Iraq, be involved in some way to get himself From being deployed? I don't understand why he couldn't be in Mccleary until this Friday? Just thinking out of the box.... I dunno

Media sometimes gets it wrong, but I am going by this one, only because it quotes MB:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=1

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

---

Lindsey's cell phone was on the charger. Even so, you'd still think land line or use Mom's or Josh's cell? Couple of things I wonder about:

• Lindsey's public MySpace says they don't have cable tv, yet a ten y/o has her own cell?
  • Is that unusual that this family would pay for Internet services vs. cable?
  • Does it say anywhere why Josh was going to K's with Lindsey in the first place?

Is KK to be believed? She has said that Kayla was at Lindseys house. Lindsey walked Kayla home and asked to spend the night. Was told no and told to leave before it got dark.

Lindseys mom has said something about Kayla spending the night at her house so they could read Harry Potter.

Are the nights surrounding the disappearance getting confused?

It was YoVille Kat. You can get the game application on MySpace and Facebook.

http://www.yoville.com/

ETA: Jennifer beat me to it. ;)

Thank you everyone that posted the link. It looks like one of those sites that I was thinking that it was...

These types of applications and also different game sites alarm me. With Myspace and facebook, there is the option to limit contact from others that are unknown to you (or your children, if you choose to let them have pages as such).

However, it's been my experience (4 teens) that I have to watch more where they go on the internet to play games. Many of those game sites have player to player communications available (much like IMs) and/or the ability to created a private chat room where two players can converse privately. Yup, you know I don't let mine on those anymore LOL.

Just a thought as we look at if there is a possibility that whatever happened to Lindsey happened because of the internet. We can't limit it to Myspace access. KWIM?

The problem as I see it is when you look on the given missing person sites, LE's missing person's sections, and others...you can find many, many more than 115 abductions a year which are uncertain as to the perp. Are they including these? Or do they only include the ones known to be strangers?

The criteria in the report at the link is very complicated, and they give lots of examples of cases and why they were categorized in a certain way and what the categories mean.
It's very interesting reading.
http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/196467.pdf

Media sometimes gets it wrong, but I am going by this one, only because it quotes MB:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=1

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

---

Lindsey's cell phone was on the charger. Even so, you'd still think land line or use Mom's or Josh's cell? Couple of things I wonder about:

• Lindsey's public MySpace says they don't have cable tv, yet a ten y/o has her own cell?
  • Is that unusual that this family would pay for Internet services vs. cable?
  • Does it say anywhere why Josh was going to K's with Lindsey in the first place?

I'm not sure about McCleary but I know of several small towns in my area where cable service is not an option. One would have to pay for satellite I believe.

Throwing a curve ball here.... What if or Could the father ,since he is being deployed to Iraq, be involved in some way to get himself From being deployed? I don't understand why he couldn't be in Mccleary until this Friday? Just thinking out of the box.... I dunno
He lives in TN and he probably had to wait for personal reasons (military leave, finances, job, etc.) before he could make it to WA.

I honestly don't suspect the father of having anything to do with her missing to avoid being deployed tho. (This is the first I have heard he is being deployed. How incredibly sad if he has to go. :()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb