WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

we have camped up there several times...and i know there is places my ex take the boys to go target shooting...its a very big place...

i was just thinking if there could be a way to get into there close to the fire..but yet again...if a perp took her into there....he may have traveled farther into the forest.....i wonder if they have a sign in sheet or something to register in and outs of that park.....i know there is plenty of free camping up there......but im trying to think if its someone that travels to McCleary on a reg basis...say every weekend...stop for gas...seen her walking...maybe had contact with her before....etc.....someone who likes to go dirt bike
riding..

My hubby and son have done dirt bike riding at Capital Forest and ORV park often. My hubby used to be there all the time. Both areas are huge.

My hubby says yes...there is a sign up sheet if you are riding bikes for any kind of "sanctioned" event. Meaning...if it's an event and you pay for it...you sign in. Like a Poker Run. Otherwise....you can just ride.

I passed ORV park this weekend and it was packed. Don't know what kind of event was there though. If it was just riding and camping or an event. Hubby didn't know either.

There are motorcycle events around here. HairScrambles, Mudslingers...lot's of people and rider's involved. FWIW.

we have camped up there several times...and i know there is places my ex take the boys to go target shooting...its a very big place...

i was just thinking if there could be a way to get into there close to the fire..but yet again...if a perp took her into there....he may have traveled farther into the forest.....i wonder if they have a sign in sheet or something to register in and outs of that park.....i know there is plenty of free camping up there......but im trying to think if its someone that travels to McCleary on a reg basis...say every weekend...stop for gas...seen her walking...maybe had contact with her before....etc.....someone who likes to go dirt bike riding..

I posted a link to the fire that said it was set where they had done a reforrestation project a couple of years ago. I thought it said it was near the campground area they have. Couldn't anyone drive into that campground?

Here is an updated link on that fire:

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/902049.html

Snipped
". . . . Investigators with the Department of Natural Resources believe the fire that started Friday was caused by arson, most likely an incendiary device that was ignited near dry brush, said department spokeswoman Koshare Lominicki.

Lominicki said investigators were still examining the device. She said the device left a pile of debris of the same type that a road flare would, but the shape of the debris was not what a road flare would leave behind.

The blaze started about 3 p.m. Friday in a remote section of Capitol State Forest, off a logging road about a half-mile from the Fall Creek Campground."

Isn't he the missionary guy out of Oly that led the vigil?

yes

I am also reading an article that lists him as a state fish and wildlife biologist, it's an article about a logging area in Elma that ran into some trouble/questions about regulations, etc...

He's also had quite a few prior addresses listed on another site, and now several missing children are being linked to those areas shortly before or after his living there.

He lives (or lived at one time) on 3rd street in McCleary, just south of the Shell.

Not saying there's a connection to any of the kids going missing, just curious about him now. I know he was mentioned as a friend of the family or that he had helped JB out and taken him fishing, etc...

Finally! I've been dying to know when he'd get brought up here. I think he needs to be looked into.

I hate to jump to conclusions but a big light bulb went on as I am reading about him and digging up articles.

Then to see some missing kids linked to areas he has lived (even though they don't ever seem to be at the same time he lives there, but they're fairly close!)

It was a big HMMMMMMMMM moment.

I have watched a lot os crime shows that involve fire, and it is amazing what these specialized detectives can find. I bet they are going over that fire area with a fine tooth comb in the area where it was started, the crime scene. And from there they will spread outward like Indian trackers with eagle eyes.

If there is anything else criminal to that fire crime scene besides setting the fire itself, {like to cover up another crime}, IMO there is a good chance that will be uncovered. I wish them well in their endeavor. ;}

no, there is no sign in sheet into the Capital Forest.

not capital forest....but for the other park....for the dirt bike riding and four wheeling/camping/trails

I posted a link to the fire that said it was set where they had done a reforrestation project a couple of years ago. I thought it said it was near the campground area they have. Couldn't anyone drive into that campground?

Here is an updated link on that fire:

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/902049.html

Snipped
". . . . Investigators with the Department of Natural Resources believe the fire that started Friday was caused by arson, most likely an incendiary device that was ignited near dry brush, said department spokeswoman Koshare Lominicki.

Lominicki said investigators were still examining the device. She said the device left a pile of debris of the same type that a road flare would, but the shape of the debris was not what a road flare would leave behind.

The blaze started about 3 p.m. Friday in a remote section of Capitol State Forest, off a logging road about a half-mile from the Fall Creek Campground."

There are probably hundreds of camp grounds in the Capital Forest. The one at the ORV park is no where near the Fall Creek Campground. See the map I posted above.
Yes, anyone can drive into the Capital Forest and to any one of the camp grounds up there. Whether they entered through the ORV park, Bordeaux Road, Capital Peak Road, Capital Forest Road, Via Rock Candy Moutain Road, the town of Malone, the town of Porter, the town of Oakville.. (or one of the many many many other roads into the Cap Forsest) no one would have any way of knowing.

W Watne has lived in:

CORBETT, OR
CORVALLIS, OR
LEBANON, OR
PORTLAND, OR
KEYPORT, WA
MOSES LAKE, WA
MOUNT VERNON, WA
PORT ANGELES, WA

ACloserLook - are these the areas that you are seeing for WW as well?

not capital forest....but for the other park....for the dirt bike riding and four wheeling/camping/trails

only during events or if you register to camp.. otherwise you are free to come and go as you please

But where did the unconfirmed sighting come from?

Sorry to leave you guys in the air. I heard about the unconfirmed sighting from my friend who works at the ORV park. She is quoted in one of the news articles about the area. She is a very trustworthy person. She said that on Saturday, someone at the park said they think they saw Lindsey up on one of the trails with a man on a quad. He wasn't aware at the time that there was a missing little girl. He remembered the situation because the man looked startled and nervous and then a little girl came out of the woods to his quad. She was wearing a pink floral bathing suit. When he got back to the ORV park, found out about Lindsey and was sure that the little girl he saw was her. Someone (don't know who) headed back up to look for the man and girl, but they were gone. That is a VAST area of trails full of quads, dirt bikes and four wheelers. My family and I spend a great deal of time up there ourselves. It is not uncommon to run into other people on bikes, etc. It would also not be uncommon for a father, or family friend to let a little girl off the quad to go potty in the woods....it is uncommon for little girls to ride quads in that area dressed in nothing but a bathing suit. She'd get scratched and banged up. The whole situation just did not sit well with the man who saw the girl or with the others back at the park, including my friend. I do not know if LE was notified. I am assuming they were, because this friend of mine used to work with me in the corrections industry and that tends to give you a permanent "security" mind set. She would have told LE no matter what. She did say they were searching every camper, trailer and vehicle leaving the ORV park. I don't know if that included LE or if it was just park volunteers asking for permission to search vehicles. This wouldn't cover everyone going in and out of the whole state forest, just the ORV park proper.
Did I cover it all? I just don't want to leave anything more confusing than it already is.

I have to agree.
MOO
I don't think the students of McCleary school had anything to do with this. It only goes up to the 6th grade.. that's what 11 maybe 12 year old kids? There are, of course, other aged kids in town who might fit into the suspect catagory but not her classmates.

I also agree, but just to correct you... McCleary School is Preschool - 8th grade.

I believe if you use the ORV park you have to sign in...and probably sign liability paperwork. Per the website:

"Wrist bands must be worn on you wrist and visible. Having your wrist band on your handle bars or back in your car's glove box wont cut it. Yes, we do check for wrist bands and anyone caught without one will be asked to leave the park and not come back.

Buying a wrist band for one day and trying to us it for a second day or even next week will not work so don't insult us by pretending you did not know the rules, the fee's are not a secret. Anyone caught cheating will be asked to leave the park without any refunds!"

And on another page:

"Camping per family or 4 or 5 friends is $15.00 per night

Trail Riding costs $10.00 per rider per day

MX Track plus trail ridding is $15.00 per day per rider

Firewood is $3.00 per bundle

Shelter Reservation is $20.00"

So it appears to me that everyone who goes into the ORV park to ride has to pay...and people camping have to pay...but it doesn't say if you have to actually sign in to do so.

Edit: Sorry if I contradict myself/don't make a lot of sense...I've been doing physics homework for the last 6 hours, so sometimes thoughts and proper organization outside the topic of physics elude me. LOL

i thought this is weird....in one of the screen shots i seen a *friend* with a pic of caylee A and it says i think...small print...in loving memory of....i wonder who that is?
I can't read the small print either, but it's not uncommon for people to have MySpace sites to honor missing or murdered children. I have several among my own MySpace friends, and the Caylee case was so prominent for the past year that it wouldn't be unusual for Lindsey to have heard about it (or friended the Caylee memorial page).

I hope LE is checking out Lindsey's MySpace friends, but I'm not immediately suspicious of the older friends who aren't mutual friends of her mom's - I have a number of MySpace/Facebook friends who are older relatives or older adults that I've worked with at summer camp, and it wouldn't be unusual for Lindsey to have added people that she knows in those kinds of capacities. It's possible that her mom knows them too, and just doesn't have them added on her own page... I hate to automatically assume that anyone over a certain age who befriends a younger person on MySpace has sinister intentions.

Wayne Watne has lived in:

CORBETT, OR
CORVALLIS, OR
LEBANON, OR
PORTLAND, OR
KEYPORT, WA
MOSES LAKE, WA
MOUNT VERNON, WA
PORT ANGELES, WA

ACloserLook - are these the areas that you are seeing for WW as well?

Yes!

Now check out

Becky Van Gelder - Missing from Corvallis, Or in 2002 I think. (11 years old at the time)
Lydia Braschler-Varo - Missing from Mt. Vernon in 2001, 13 yrs old at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710